New Plastic Skimming trowels from Plasterers 1 Stop Shop

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using it all this week, defo needs a thinner handle tho? I shall be using it next week, then I shall post my thought.,,as I am just getting used to it and having never used any plastic trowel before, I feel it would be unfair to post my thoughts just yet:RpS_thumbup:

Little update on the Handles

I spoke with the manufacturer today and they are testing new ones, we tested a few different ones today as we had a M100 demo on Finish. We think we may have found the right one :) Just needs a few little adjustments for hole alignments etc.

Will keep you up-dated

good ol boy will be needing a new handle for my one as i am still using it but i keep going back to my other one because its got a better handle.
any idea whats goin on with that blade ryan??

Hi Mate,

I thought it was there... Just checked on TNT Tracking and it says that delivery was attempted on the 8th-9th-10th and today but no-one was home. It will be there tomorrow now, I can send you the Tracking number if you need it. Will you be in? If not just leave a note on your door addressed to TNT asking them to leave it somewhere like next door or something similar.

Give me a call if you have any problems

sasha has been home almost every day but no leaflets saying weve got a missed parcel have been put through the door??

That's weird. It even says someone has contacted them to request it to be delivered Saturday. Im going to call them now to find out whats going on! Let me know if it's not there tomorrow please mate

Early review..... Trowel seems good, needs breaking in, bit scratchy out of the box.

I like the handle but can see why others dont..

The nose and tail is much more useable than the closest rival, primarilly because the handle is closer to it.

The user feels much more in control of the blade than other plastic trowels. ( a few people that have used it say the same).

I used it under some stairs and was unable to get close to the acute angle primarily because of the overly bulky handle.

i would prefer a larger blade which is just as well supported with a less bulky handle. IE the base of the blade just as close to the working edge.

I really like this trowel, it just needs some refinement. Once broken in it will be very good, some edge protectors need to be sent out with it.

Going back to the handle, I like the way my hand fits tight into it, but it feels a bit too big on girth. You cant hang it on the edge of a bucket but thats no problem, i like the way it feels balanced. Unlike the refina, where your hand is near the rear of the trowel.

Price wise this is a quarter the cost of the refina, with the replaceable blades pennies in comparison.

You pay your money, you take your choice.

Got ours mid morning, cheers Ryan :RpS_thumbup:

Anyways, here's a crappy little vid to show the finish after a couple of passes.

[video]http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/gramayr/E0F8E592-B7F8-4DCA-B58E-C5AE24E85F51-691-00000105E2E81E88.mp4[/video]

Not a brilliant vid, but then I'm not Hillside :RpS_laugh:

Last edited:
Phone pics came out shoite, phone vid was shoite as well but at least it was better than the pics :rolleyes)

Haha, it's like fecking glass.. All it got was a couple of passes.

Watching my mate polish a wall and you could see the difference as the plastic went over it.

Personally, I reckon it might be too polished but the customer loved it :RpS_thumbup:

And if the customer knew what they were talking about they would be doing rather than paying someone else

Far to polished! It's nearly like marble FFs, I've used it all this week and didn't get that finish, you sure you went over it only twice:RpS_sneaky:It will need sanded before paintin:-0

Last edited:
And if the customer knew what they were talking about they would be doing rather than paying someone else

You are very cynical albeit miserable for someone so young.

You should be out taking advantage of twenty somethings vulnerabilities or something similar.

Far to polished! It's nearly like marble FFs, I've used it all this week and didn't get that finish, you sure you went over it only twice:RpS_sneaky:It will need sanded before paintin:-0

Yep, once straight after second trowel and another after tea break (didn't need two, was just playing :rolleyes) :RpS_laugh:) Was only a small patch up in a kitchen so thought what the feck.. Living room ceiling looked nice on the other hand - just right.

Aren't they the Spanish plastic trowels you can pick up off eBay? How much are they

Spunky, they are the ones from eBay. In the earlier posts I mentioned that they are but we get the direct from the manufacturer. They are £8.50 +vat which is cheaper than eBay.

ok mate but either they are pulling ya pants down or they are taking it to wrong address but we haven't had any deliveries here or notes saying there was an attempt and no one here has rung them to arrange a delivery for tomorow:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.