New Nela

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always make sure it paints good.
Nela trowel is bugging me.
Ive tried every timing ....house bashing 5 houses in 3 weeks......ive gotta do a show house next monday for persimmons.
Gonna leave nela at home.
Gutted work looks great when skimming..
.drying out is just wrong.

Quality. Good to hear an honest post mate.

@algeeman

Not a stubborn -stuck- opinion.;)

The nela do take a bit of toying with though don't they.

Unlike the other flex trowel works straight away and mostly in stock I may add

Lots of people get used to it straight away. Stock is an issue yes, but I can assure you it's down to popularity. NELA is selling in various countries... The other isn't ;-)

Lots of people get used to it straight away. Stock is an issue yes, but I can assure you it's down to popularity. NELA is selling in various countries... The other isn't ;-)
I'm sure they do, I will buy an 18" one when you get stock in i couldn't give a monkeys what name is on the trowel if it does a good job

I found it was down to leaving my sets till the last minute to use the nela.....where as refina I could finish sooner.

It actualy does turn out better with nela.

I just use that 5/10 mins to get set up and cleaned up.

Both good trowels.

System after coated.
Flatten nela
Wash up
1 refina
(Walls are really flat now)
Leave till firmed up.
1 nela
1 refina
1 plastic
Drys out same shade.

I have had a 16 nela s*p*r*lex now for 6 months and it is still leaving lines especially when you cross trowel i think refina are better cause there wider and flatterns better, but we have been using MT FOr 40 odd years they are superb ive seen my walls and compared to someone with using plazi etc and u cant beat MT no water marks drying 1 uniform colour and proper flat all these flexible trowels are only good for curves

the refina superted is by far the best flex trowel but the nela premium (prior november 2014) is a brilliant trowel to do everything else

I have had a 16 nela s*p*r*lex now for 6 months and it is still leaving lines especially when you cross trowel i think refina are better cause there wider and flatterns better, but we have been using MT FOr 40 odd years they are superb ive seen my walls and compared to someone with using plazi etc and u cant beat MT no water marks drying 1 uniform colour and proper flat all these flexible trowels are only good for curves

I think if you change your timings a wee bit it may help but I don't want to to suck eggs and all that :)

Just tweak around like @algeeman has done :)

the refina superted is by far the best flex trowel but the nela premium (prior november 2014) is a brilliant trowel to do everything else
Didn't get to try the pre Nov 14 one. But just recently got a premium. Bang tidy trowel in my opinion. What am I missing by getting the newer one? Just intrigued!

Didn't get to try the pre Nov 14 one. But just recently got a premium. Bang tidy trowel in my opinion. What am I missing by getting the newer one? Just intrigued!
The origional premium was awful and too thick a gauge of steel in my opinion rather like spreading using a steel door!? Luckily @Plasterers1StopShop took notice and the new premium was launched and ive not stopped using mine since Ryan asked me to test one for him before the "official" launch. I use it for everything apart from troweling up as use a refina superted for that. But a great trowel and just hope it lasts as long as my old MT's

I was only thinking the other day what happened to the "Nela love in"
From older members to all the dubious first posters raving about it to nothing

Who's using the nela s*p*r*lex 2 what's feel of it and what is it like to use now ??

Status
Not open for further replies.