New and improved tapit tape review

Members online

A5902A63-16C9-469D-B702-27EFC903B884.png

your top bead is proud of the side

Cheers Tom, a good review all in all. That's six decent and no bad reviews so far.
I have started running the tape down the bead rather than across.
The tape will stick to brick, block concrete, plaster board even if damp but if its too dusty it's not so good.
Sorry i only sent a few strips it means i can get loads more out free so folks can try it.
Your skimming looks bang on from my house, tell em to f**k off.
I will post a full roll out to you in the morning for taking the time to put it up.

No decent plasterer would trust a review from a person leaving a reveal like that....
Exactly. And he fixed a bead on with one bit of tape in the middle, down what I'm guessing was a 1.2 meter window reveal on a reskim. No chance that was on tight down the length of the bead

Haha you produce that and then pick fault with that lovely looking wall.
Fair play
No I’m just showing you how easy it is to pick fault. The last comment I’m making on it, it wasn’t left like that.

Your work is terrible, over skim or not, state of the window too
You don’t know the context of the work, just to inform you the window was nothing to do with me

He was showing the use of the tape, the ends may have been fixed by other means.
You are letting yourselves down boys gobbing off behind a screen.
Nonsense. That work is substandard. Even a half decent plasterer would tell you that.

How he fixes his bead is irrelevant and his terrible skimming is nothing to do with your tape. I would suggest giving some to someone well respected on here. Such as olican for example. His work is second to none and can be trusted.

Ps I have no interest in trialling it. But I do however feel compelled to call out substandard work.

Anyone is welcome to try it out but I suggest zooming your camera in to the tape so you don't get slaughtered by the
Illuminarte.

He was showing the use of the tape, the ends may have been fixed by other means.
You are letting yourselves down boys gobbing off behind a screen.
Here is a video (if it works) of the bead with a single strip, I was happy it held the bead tight enough and cracked on and skimmed the wall and reveals.

I actually read people's posts before commenting.

It's a s**t show, there's no way around it

Here is a video (if it works) of the bead with a single strip, I was happy it held the bead tight enough and cracked on and skimmed the wall and reveals.

Mate your rough as f**k your can’t even meet the end of your beads

My honest opinion is that I think this product has potential, when beading for external render for example, let's say your setting beads around windows it would be nice to have something to hold bead in place whilst using your normal fixing method , like on lintels.
I know many use pink grip , I personally use neat mastercrete with a drop of sbr. Makes a nice putty , perfect for render beads. The tape would be handy when setting belcast, just to hold in place to get those joins just right.

My honest opinion is that I think this product has potential, when beading for external render for example, let's say your setting beads around windows it would be nice to have something to hold bead in place whilst using your normal fixing method , like on lintels.
I know many use pink grip , I personally use neat mastercrete with a drop of sbr. Makes a nice putty , perfect for render beads. The tape would be handy when setting belcast, just to hold in place to get those joins just right.
There’s a place for it definitely

Drop of English, what's your thoughts rob/nathan?

CHEERS

Attachments

• 20201211_213423.jpg
    20201211_213423.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 102
I could do with some render guys to have a go with it. I think it may work a treat on carrier board and new blockwork.

I could do with some render guys to have a go with it. I think it may work a treat on carrier board and new blockwork.
I hope it goes well for you tapit but it won't work on rendering to much bedding out damp and dusty walls, you generally bead and mask up the the day before then the tapes exposed to whatever weather overnight, there's a lot of tension with sopping wet render also, I think it's better suited to internals.

I hope it goes well for you tapit but it won't work on rendering to much bedding out damp and dusty walls, you generally bead and mask up the the day before then the tapes exposed to whatever weather overnight, there's a lot of tension with sopping wet render also, I think it's better suited to internals.
Give it a go for me Tom, try one bead , if it's s**t I know not to carry on down that road.
The tape is waterproof and UV proof , the holes in the tape take up any tension.
You don't know if you don't try.
Your my second fave render bloke on here.

Taa our kid, pm me your details.
I am not expecting great things for render but you never know.
You are the expert.
I have a decent sized company currently trying it out for a different use in the building game.