Nela s*p*r*lex

Chasdad

I've had one for about 6 months. Have only used it for giving skimming a first trowel and mainly domestic work so not getting used as it would on site. It seems to have bent. Is this usual. I loved it when I first used it. Bit gutted. Is this normal

Like any trowel it depends how you look after them!? Mine are kept in a box and the superted wrapped in a towel aswell.

I hook them over the edge of my setting bucket. Put it this way I've had my Marshall town I use everyday for at least 7 years. I dont abuse them that's why I'm surprised with the s*p*r*lex

It's flexible so bends a hell of a lot easier, you need to take care of them.
Although I'm not sure why you are using them for first trowel [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i used it when the gear goes much harder it be even worse than it is now. Or are you saying just use it for putting on with

If what you say is true and if you have only had it 6months then surely you would know it's guaranteed for 1 year ?

I use mine for concreting floors and rendering with sand and cement. It virtually gets the floors level by itself and leaves any render so flat you dont need to rub it up! Infact its so good i left mine on drivers seat of the van it even drove me home !! o_O

Really surprised how durable s*p*r*lex is. Plazi lasted about 2 hours per blade, but had super for 18 months and still going well.

I'll dig the receipt out then. I wouldn't want to use it on my last trowel. it would have gone like a bloody banana by now. I'll stick to my mt

@Chasdad im interested to see exactly what has happened to the trowel.

How and where has it bent? I.e, bent the wrong way, corners bent...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but when you mentioned 'just use it for putting on' makes me question exactly how and when the trowel has been used.

It's 0.3mm and very flexible and fragile. If it's caught in corners or 'dinked' onto something it will damage it

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_WP_20160405_14_39_33_Pro (2).jpg

No I said what am I supposed to use it for if not for towelling up. Putting gear on with It?. In response to somenes post.
It's weird because it looks like it's wearing the right way. But the toe of the Trowell must be bent down as it leaves trowel marks. Like I said I only used it for Trowelling up with. It's a shame a I like the idea and the handles great

No I said what am I supposed to use it for if not for towelling up. Putting gear on with It?. In response to somenes post.
It's weird because it looks like it's wearing the right way. But the toe of the Trowell must be bent down as it leaves trowel marks. Like I said I only used it for Trowelling up with. It's a shame a I like the idea and the handles great

I put it on with sf as well as trowel up and mine still in good shape, maybe it was bent in the first place? Had a plazi through the post once that came with a slight dink in it.

I'll dig the receipt out then. I wouldn't want to use it on my last trowel. it would have gone like a bloody banana by now. I'll stick to my mt
Well surely your walls should be flat by the last trowel. So it wouldn't bend like a banana.

I've had one for about 6 months. Have only used it for giving skimming a first trowel and mainly domestic work so not getting used as it would on site. It seems to have bent. Is this usual. I loved it when I first used it. Bit gutted. Is this normal
There s**t and in a few years everyone will just be using the old trusty marshalltown
Someone's making a good crust out of it though!!!:nocausagracia:

Some brilliant humour on here! Keep it going! These s*p*r*lex can make you really laugh , every time I look at mine brings back some brilliant ideas from here:LOL:.