Nela s*p*r*lex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan has it given you a few ideas- did you see some techniques you didn't know about- :RpS_thumbup:

My only thing tgat worries me is u get bit gear on handle an try clean it it doesn't rip the handle to bits. Like the idea an hope am wrong but wana know

naa it wont rip to peices mate its almost like resin bonded cork it doesnt feel how it looks, very comfortable i must say

General question on all of these flexi trowels. Do you actually achieve a better finish or is it just easier to finish with? Compared to a mt for example.

smiley-blowjob.gif

I think Ryans getting a dose of double penetration what with the way he was sucking up to BG on here lol.

People have spent weeks, maybe months, mastering the Refina s*p*r*lex trowel and now everyones moving onto NELA :RpS_unsure:

Cassie wont..................he uses refina..............................just incase he hasnt mentioned it to you.......................:RpS_wink:

Still struggling to use it without water, can finish set with it after laying second coat on with mt but try as i can i always need water.

Once again im back to square one. Too inconsistent for me. Using my 14x4 carbon and imo Its so much better than a stainless or a s*p*r*lex

Also doesnt help with the type of work. Like yesterday and todays job. Kitchen. Fill chases and overskim. On one wall I had 4 different substrates and suctions. Couple of bits dubbed out too so different thicknesses. Its hard to get gauge of what needs trowelling when. Where as witb a normal trowel. You have a bit more leniency with timing

Cassie wont..................he uses refina..............................just incase he hasnt mentioned it to you.......................:RpS_wink:

Im getting one for fuks sake... i do however use the odd bit of refina gear..lol...

Also doesnt help with the type of work. Like yesterday and todays job. Kitchen. Fill chases and overskim. On one wall I had 4 different substrates and suctions. Couple of bits dubbed out too so different thicknesses. Its hard to get gauge of what needs trowelling when. Where as witb a normal trowel. You have a bit more leniency with timing

I've said this from the start. It would take a hell of a trowel to knock time and effort off every gauge on every type of background. Especially with mixed backgrounds. It cannot work every time.

you always need a touch of water....... but I dont know owt about the s*p*r*lex ( I use refina 16'' stainless ) proper trowel,lol

friday i did 2 hits both were half plasterboard then the other halfs were made up of old lime background, finish, bonding and a bit that someone had plastered with a fork some years ago and then painted loads of different suctions and thicknesses, on the bit that was painted i had to lay on with my mt20 at about quater inch thick mabey a bit less mabey a bit more in places, and it all troweld up lovley with the s*p*r*lex:RpS_confused:
i have tried to answer people queries about how to use them but honestly i havent had any problems or really had to change anything to use one and they just feel soo much nicer to use even some of the other fellas on our firm have used it and said how much nicer it feels to use.

its very strange how people are struggling with it ( this is not a dig in any way, its genuine confusion)

you always need a touch of water....... but I dont know owt about the s*p*r*lex ( I use refina 16'' stainless ) proper trowel,lol
when you getting the refina tatt to go with the shoes one:flapper:
someone should get a tpf one in an inconspicuous place like ankle or something

friday i did 2 hits both were half plasterboard then the other halfs were made up of old lime background, finish, bonding and a bit that someone had plastered with a fork some years ago and then painted loads of different suctions and thicknesses, on the bit that was painted i had to lay on with my mt20 at about quater inch thick mabey a bit less mabey a bit more in places, and it all troweld up lovley with the s*p*r*lex:RpS_confused:
i have tried to answer people queries about how to use them but honestly i havent had any problems or really had to change anything to use one and they just feel soo much nicer to use even some of the other fellas on our firm have used it and said how much nicer it feels to use.

its very strange how people are struggling with it ( this is not a dig in any way, its genuine confusion)

its just Beddy who cant use one.................he's such a geordie dancer....................:rolleyes)

:RpS_laugh: cassie wonts let that happen...................................:RpS_thumbsup:

so beddy and stuart, you dont reckon on these trowels? i`m tempted to buy one, just skeptical, seem like a gimmick to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.