Nela s*p*r*lex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the trowel, it's the skill using it, the eyes,attention to detail, if you don't have it, just buy a sponge

One coated 45m2 of ceilings with BG Multi on friday. Layed on with 16" MT, flattened with speedskim, sponged with 18" refina sponge and then flattened back in with MT.

Switched over to 14" Nela s*p*r*lex to trowel up with. Awsome straight out the box! Finished the whole lot with only used water to clean the blade. Didnt change any timings or anything.

Man dad used it in the morning on some float and set. Also is very impressed.

These trowels are very well made. Well weighted and the cork handle is nice.

Ryan I would like to buy 3 20" ones if you can get hold of them

My only grubble is that 14" feels to small to me.

Last edited:
The one coating and sponging would put me off ,so wouldn't be interested in this review at all,would like to try a nela at some stage,hoping its not a fad,noticing the speedskim addicts also love the nela, the have there uses but we will end up like golfers and need a caddy to go to the van and " bring me my trowel 5

The one coating and sponging would put me off ,so wouldn't be interested in this review at all,would like to try a nela at some stage,hoping its not a fad,noticing the speedskim addicts also love the nela, the have there uses but we will end up like golfers and need a caddy to go to the van and " bring me my trowel 5
:RpS_laugh:

One coated 45m2 of ceilings with BG Multi on friday. Layed on with 16" MT, flattened with speedskim, sponged with 18" refina sponge and then flattened back in with MT.

Switched over to 14" Nela s*p*r*lex to trowel up with. Awsome straight out the box! Finished the whole lot with only used water to clean the blade. Didnt change any timings or anything.

:RpS_crying:20's!! My elbow is aching just thinking about that!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your review, do you mean 20" s*p*r*lex's? I'm just in talks about 18" will ask about 20's. I know it's possible, may just take a little longer

Will see what I can do

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Do you not use the Refina superflexiflex?

It really does amaze me some of the absolute ******* pointless drivel written on this forum

Well im convinced. Will go for a s*p*r*lex when there available. Threads been a good read. Pointless drivel included

I'll do a small double coat hit this week. I'm sure the results will be the same both for the trowel and the plastering :thumbup:

I'll do a small double coat hit this week. I'm sure the results will be the same both for the trowel and the plastering :thumbup:
Not doubting your skill at all but firmly on the two coat bench,

Last edited:
It's depends on the boarding. I'll two coat shite board work.

I think it looks more uniform if you one coat properly.

Any ways trowel is easily as good as my MT 14" which is 10 years old.

all ive wanted to know is how the nelaflex performs against the refina i dont care if people one coat or 15 coat i just want to know how the blade is (think ive mentioned this once or twice:RpS_laugh:) so i appretciate the reviews that have been done so far i would like to get a nela 18 if poss but a 16 will do for now, the reason i would prefer the nela over the refina is for the handle for me the nela is a more comfortable handle than my refina but the handles are not interchangable so would have to buy a new trowel for the handle anyway.
to be honest the only mt that comes out my bag on the regualr is my mt20 and i like to use that for rendering and flattening the first coat in i prefer the feel on the nela for an everyday trowel and i prefer the s*p*r*lex for troweling up and laying in with.
everyone does things differently and no one should be critizised because they're method is different to others, curry obviously does a good job with a one coat otherwise he would not be getting jobs in with thousands upon thousands of meters to go at everytime

I hope the nela is successful for Ryan and the forum, I would rather spend with him than with refina, yes people can plaster whatever way they want to, I don't care, I have my ways not saying that I will never change, I try different things apart from one coating and sponging but many do due to the recession and tight prices.

I hope the nela is successful for Ryan and the forum, I would rather spend with him than with refina, yes people can plaster whatever way they want to, I don't care, I have my ways not saying that I will never change, I try different things apart from one coating and sponging but many do due to the recession and tight prices.

cant beat a two coat finish imo, sure you can get a finish with 1coat but it just aint the same

Im sure the nela will do well.... its German and you can see its a quality bit of kit... looking forward to trying mine, the main thing to me is the cork handle, interested to see that, looks good, was going to buy the refina leather handle to try, but going with the nela 1st.. if all fails, always got my trusty refina stainless, but its good to try different bits of kit, but someone posted a couple of minor issues, but wouldnt state them until others had commented on theirs.. well thats no good... you have an honest review to do, but the reviews wont make much difference to me, going to try one regardless..

I terms of build quality I think these are better then MT and can't wait to see a premium version!

Jace the steel is similar in flex to our refina s*p*r*lex spats however as the blade is supported in the middle it's not quite as bendable

Curry ... Do you dry sponge the set or wet sponge? i find if you wet it too much its difficult to get the lines out.

Status
Not open for further replies.