Nela s*p*r*lex users

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ajdbuild welcome along :)

Have a beer and wind down :D Its only dust and water...lol I know how you feel though!!!
@Curry @Plasterers1StopShop will sort it out :) My one has not done it yet and it spends most of its time sat in water :-\ I had a very very very early one though :D

Last edited:
@Ajdbuild welcome along :)

Have a beer and wind down :D Its only dust and water...lol I know how you feel though!!!
@Curry @Plasterers1StopShop will sort it out :) My one has not done it yet and it spends most of its time sat in water :-\ I had a very very very early one though :D
I have ran a bead of clear silicone along the edge of mine, to stop the water and dust ingress seems fine

Thanks @Danny this is facebook but different ! I'm only 24 started up 2 years ago been through 6 blokes working for me .il never stop working everyday love it

Last edited by a moderator:
@Danny @Plasterers1StopShop

I know Ryan will this is just a lazy way of me sorting it. Trouble is have is we still use them everyday

My Nela 16" is coming apart at both ends!
Hassop hand tools said send it back, but that means no trowel for a working week.

Just going back to Refina as despite their faults, they don't fall apart ... and I can chuck it on the trade counter if it did.

Nela s*p*r*lex didn't make it to 1st base for me ... barely broken in and falling apart - not fit for purpose!

... and I don't want to hear any of the first batch bollox ... it failed miserably!

Hassop hand tools said send it back, but that means no trowel for a working week.

Just going back to Refina as despite their faults, they don't fall apart ... and I can chuck it on the trade counter if it did.

Nela s*p*r*lex didn't make it to 1st base for me ... barely broken in and falling apart - not fit for purpose!

... and I don't want to hear any of the first batch bollox ... it failed miserably!

Understand your disappointed. You wont be without it for a week... He should send you one straight away. Any problems call me and i will sort it out for you. Get yours collected tuesday, new one with you for Tuesday.

As for the faults, every manufacturer has had this happen - FACT.

It is only a small amount of the first batch where there have been issue, from the same batch. Over 5000 sold and trust me we haven't had anywhere near this in returns. Less than 50.

There is a reason we offer a warranty on this and stick to our word

Before I bought this trowel I read about all the good things but there no negatives about it so I bought it tryed it found its a hit and miss which I can't afford on jobs and now more people are saying the negatives .are these people that say the negatives are checking there work just like a really picky foreman would .

Try the refina s*p*r*lex.

@Plasterers1StopShop Ryan av sent you a couple of PM's over the last few weeks. Just wondered if you have received them or you've just put me on the naughty step............................:RpS_unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a serious question.. does everyone look after their trowels..at work and in transit ? just wondered why a few seem to have broke.. im really careful with all my trowels, none get thrown about and i have had no problems at all.. just wondered if this may be a cause ?? or it may well be the old batch had the problem, I know some spreads just throw their trowels about and dont look after them in my opinion...

this is a serious question.. does everyone look after their trowels..at work and in transit ? just wondered why a few seem to have broke.. im really careful with all my trowels, none get thrown about and i have had no problems at all.. just wondered if this may be a cause ?? or it may well be the old batch had the problem, I know some spreads just throw their trowels about and dont look after them in my opinion...

i don't throw mine about, cassie. it just split. about an inch at the toe, and recently slightly at the heel. don't use it as a scraper, don't use it as a scoop etc. just to trowel up. don't get the riding over bumps thing everyones going on about. don't get that. get your first coat flat. nor the tiger stripe thing. lubricate the trowel when trowelling up. a good trowel with teething problems probably.

i don't throw mine about, cassie. it just split. about an inch at the toe, and recently slightly at the heel. don't use it as a scraper, don't use it as a scoop etc. just to trowel up. don't get the riding over bumps thing everyones going on about. don't get that. get your first coat flat. nor the tiger stripe thing. lubricate the trowel when trowelling up. a good trowel with teething problems probably.

i think most look after their tools, especially skimming trowels... just a thought... what size s*p*r*lex mate ? did it delaminate ?

yeah, it did cassie. 14 inch. can use the refina from start to finish but the nela just to finish. been using the eze spat to finish this week. never thought it would work but it does. big empty shop and flats above with nobody there so had time to correct it if it went tits up. big panels, like, not little fiddly bits. don't know what my routine will be next week. when i joined TPF i had a tyzack thirteen inch, a handboard, a gauging trowel and a small builders bucket. now i cant even get the stuff in the van

you've lost your roots big lad........................you disgust me...........................:glare:

@Plasterers1StopShop Ryan av sent you a couple of PM's over the last few weeks. Just wondered if you have received them or you've just put me on the naughty step............................:RpS_unsure:

Sorry mate, will have a look again. In hospital at the moment so when I'm sorted will respond.

Lads,

Im going to be off work for a few days and not on the forum. Had a pretty nasty injury at rugby. If you have any problems or questions please bare with me

Ryan

Sorry mate, will have a look again. In hospital at the moment so when I'm sorted will respond.

Lads,

Im going to be off work for a few days and not on the forum. Had a pretty nasty injury at rugby. If you have any problems or questions please bare with me

Ryan

Best wishes for a speedy recovery ryan.

ferraris catch fire :) It was a teething problem :)

Ryan works hard and I dont know any other trowel that offers such a long warranty (maybe 5 years I think)

Get well soon ryan :D

I felt a click troweling up when mine was a week or so old. When I looked later I noticed that it had started letting go.
It has been kept mint from day 1, always washed in clean water, never been scraped clean or used as a scraper & lives on the dash board.

I'm more peeved because I knew there was a problem & waited until P1SS said it was all sorted .... and still got a wrong 'un!

The most expensive trowel I ever bought was the only one that ever broke - and so fast too!

I fully expect a premium trowel to wear out, I do not appreciate being a beta tester for Nela.

The nela premium will never ever wear out :-D
After the nuclear Holocaust cockroaches and nela premiums will be all thats left.

The nela premium will never ever wear out :-D
After the nuclear Holocaust cockroaches and nela premiums will be all thats left.

Been screeding with the premium all summer & trying to knock it into shape - They are well made I agree!

Scott you need help or beer to sober up??? Those "premium" trowels area only fit for scraping floors !?? :-0

Scott you need help or beer to sober up??? Those "premium" trowels area only fit for scraping floors !?? :-0

Lol the premium is not my cup of tea greg, but having seen the lengths chris has gone to to try and break his in.
I have to admit they appear very well put together maybe a little too well.
Some sort of hybrid adamantuim/granite alloy perhaps.

Changing the subject slightly would you say the refina s*p*r*lex is better made than the nela an why I didn't use one before the nela just wondering if there is a great difference

Changing the subject slightly would you say the refina s*p*r*lex is better made than the nela an why I didn't use one before the nela just wondering if there is a great difference

I wouldnt say the refina is any better made if anything its slightly more delicate/flexible which in my opinion gives it the edge.
Have used the refinas since they first came out so quite sometime now.
But In the interest of fairness have now got an 18" nelaflex which ill give fair crack of the whip, will then be able to make a completely unbiased comparison.

Just get a free replacement. Get it a bit dirty and bag t on eBay as broken in and sell for more than the new price......it's easy

Remember your new NELA isn't the one we want for you though mate. Got a better one on route :)

Just picked it up bud, it's a beautiful looking trowel :RpS_thumbsup:
I really appreciate the lengths you've gone to, thats customer service taken to a
whole new level.
Hope your op went well and a speedy recovery follows.
Best wishes pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.