Nela premium trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one of the old premiums that I use for rendering I have tried to use it for skimming I time or two but the blade vibrates slightly when the plaster is setting,probably needs breaking in more,do you use the old or new and whitch do you prefer?:)
Only use the newer nela premiums with the slightly thinner blade and they are great to use on multi straight from new with just the corners slightly rounded off. I lay on with these now and finish with the s*p*r*lex.

How do you lay on with them? They flex like fcuk. The human race as a species is doomed

sorry dusty. just saw the thinner blade bit and thought youd been laying on with the flexi. please accept my apologies

Ive been testing the new Nela Premium for a few months now and still cant fault it!! I am aware Marshalltown do a "pre worn" but crap in my book you cant skim with them straight away like this Nela can. Ive always (and still do) have Marshalltown extralites and brilliant trowels! The best in my opinion but that said, if this Nela premium is still going strong after 8 years plus? Thats the only potential issue id have but then a 5 year warranty ? Is this correct @Plasterers1StopShop ??Then i feel alot of spreads may venture to the Nela side?? Must admit i love it up until "lurcher" Dave been giving it a go on this job in France and he wont give it back !! We are here in his van and he said i have to walk home if i take it back !!??

I'd use a marshalltown pre worn straight off to be honest, you'd have to adjust your timings Id say,not used the nela so can't offer a comparision .nela do a lot of mark 11 models I believe so they are 'getting there' will they ever surpass marshalltown , I doubt this very much .. Lots are finding some of the new tools to be ' fads' not saying that the Nela premium is off course, I like plaster1stopshop and it's great to see them doing well as they offer a great service without quibbles

11 models... 2 Premiums and 3 improvements on the NELA SuoerFLEX.

I'm sure each manufacturer has made improvements over the years lol :)

The s*p*r*lex is still growing in popularity and sales are only increasing. Certainly wouldn't say new products are a fad... Some people are willing to try to change but not always happy going through with it?

Ive been testing the new Nela Premium for a few months now and still cant fault it!! I am aware Marshalltown do a "pre worn" but crap in my book you cant skim with them straight away like this Nela can. Ive always (and still do) have Marshalltown extralites and brilliant trowels! The best in my opinion but that said, if this Nela premium is still going strong after 8 years plus? Thats the only potential issue id have but then a 5 year warranty ? Is this correct @Plasterers1StopShop ??Then i feel alot of spreads may venture to the Nela side?? Must admit i love it up until "lurcher" Dave been giving it a go on this job in France and he wont give it back !! We are here in his van and he said i have to walk home if i take it back !!??

Let me know if he steals it @Marshy i will have to send you another :)

11 models... 2 Premiums and 3 improvements on the NELA SuoerFLEX.

I'm sure each manufacturer has made improvements over the years lol :)

The s*p*r*lex is still growing in popularity and sales are only increasing. Certainly wouldn't say new products are a fad... Some people are willing to try to change but not always happy going through with it?
Mark (2) and yes you're right loads have made changes and adjustments.whether it's a fad re s*p*r*lex and spats and speedskims remains to be seen, lots love them all and they use them day in day out, just giving an opinion from an old fogey..

Can i stick an order for a 14" premium in online now and get a "suprise" in the box for the difference [emoji6][emoji39]

get a few more beers down him ben then have a rematch with the left arm, enjoy your beers lads,,, nice job

Thanks ryan, absolutely blown away by my "suprise" i've been after one for ages but never wanted to spend the money on one.

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1428508899.692128.jpg

Just got to make sure you clean the trowel well mate ;-)

To be honest, I didn't deal with your order. Next time, give me a call and I will look after you ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.