** NELA News **

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new mt 16x4 trowel from romford tools last saturday used monday no oilstone sandpaper or water needed dont see what all the fuss is about

if you have a 16 x 4 mt its a cement finishing x-lite trowel , if you can use that for skimming out of the box your doing very well . Also waving a 16 inch trowel at your age, you must have elbows of a spartan

Last edited:
it takes literally 2 mins with fine papaer to rub the tiny lines from the edge of the premium, then its good to go straight away... the s*p*r*lex needs zero breaking in... this is what I found anyway...
@cassie please don't take this a criticism (it's honestly not) but you leave much deeper lines in your second coat than I'd be happy with and that's why I prefer either a well worn in trowel or MT Permashape trowel for putting on.
With the sort of work I do I'm regularly putting on 30m2 hits on and can't afford to get back to the start with heavy lines in gear that's picking up. On domestic you'll generally not be pushing so hard and be more on top of things, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
With marshaltown bieng an american company was it just by chance that thier trowels ended up excellent for skimming or were they specifically made for the uk market?

@cassie please don't take this a criticism (it's honestly not) but you leave much deeper lines in your second coat than I'd be happy with and that's why I prefer either a well worn in trowel or MT Permashape trowel for putting on.
With the sort of work I do I'm regularly putting on 30m2 hits on and can't afford to get back to the start with heavy lines in gear that's picking up. On domestic you'll generally not be pushing so hard and be more on top of things, if you know what I mean.

honestly dont have issues with trowel marks on 30m2 hits mate.. what I do is straight after secdond coating, run over with the hand spat ( on walls ) flattens everything beautiful, obviously any trowel gets better the more its used, but I honestly have no probs .. if I remember from the video it was only on the down stroke ( wtf..lol ) that a line appeared, but they do come out no bother with the s*p*r*lex... try the hand spat pal, fukin amazing.. and no probs with the critique ... ****** ( joking..lol )

honestly dont have issues with trowel marks on 30m2 hits mate.. what I do is straight after secdond coating, run over with the hand spat ( on walls ) flattens everything beautiful, obviously any trowel gets better the more its used, but I honestly have no probs .. if I remember from the video it was only on the down stroke ( wtf..lol ) that a line appeared, but they do come out no bother with the s*p*r*lex... try the hand spat pal, fukin amazing.. and no probs with the critique ... ****** ( joking..lol )

I wasn't saying that you leave lines in the finished work, that finished wall in your vid looked good. I do use spats now, both in the hand and on a pole and rate them highly, but trust me there a times on site work where you just can't get on everything at just the right time and a spat can't always be used.

Took a micrometer measurement today.. M/T.. refina... nela.. the blades on all three is 0.7mm... so, they are all the same blade thickness.... does this surprise anyone ??

Took a micrometer measurement today.. M/T.. refina... nela.. the blades on all three is 0.7mm... so, they are all the same blade thickness.... does this surprise anyone ??

no, i knew you would own a micrometer.:)
Thought the nela would be thinnest though.

lol.. I havent got one, mate brought on down the gym today, measured all three and their the same...

I like my Nela, dont yet have a spat, but My Marshaltown Carbon is still my favorite, only cos sometime i can just get 1 trowel out the van and be done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.