Nela Medi flex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to break this to you but it's the man.
If your struggling pop down here and ill show you how to finish with one properly.
I'll leave a finish with a s*p*r*lex looking like it grew on the wall so clearly my trowel isn't defective.
me too I don't get these ripples so it must be the user me an my son skim the same an we just don't get em must admit though the mediflex is a bit stiffer we use one so we know sorry but can't blame the trowel for any mistakes

Hate to break this to you but it's the man.
If your struggling pop down here and ill show you how to finish with one properly.
I'll leave a finish with a s*p*r*lex looking like it grew on the wall so clearly my trowel isn't defective.
Ok pal..........

Is it electric?? ;) i have a gas one and a petrol stove as no f**k**g about running leads to the van. Saying that i do have a microwave very handy for warming stuff up quick.(y) i alsohave one of the george formby grills with attached hotplate on the side of it but again its electric. I only bother with the stoves to do a fry up from scratch.
My brother has a camping toilet in the back of his van just in case we need a number 2 on a job...
Just can't have a s**t on a customers toilet when on a job.

U seriously got some sort of loo in ur van lol? Shat in a bag plenty of times..
Not in mine in my brothers van he had it for a while now ..
They are quite comfy

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(26).jpg

I dont mind if people explain their reasons then you can sort it out rather than "oh pressed wrong button by mistake etc"
Tbf marshy I did it a few times as I'm on a fone and wen slide up n down sum times it selects it without knowing but id change it if spotted it..

I've got the refina and the nela. Used them both can't get on with either I still try to this day. But they get slug back in the buck after 2 mintues. I can't say it's the trowel after you see @scottie5 work. And I don't want to says it's the man because I don't think I'm a crap spread.

Maybe a day with @scottie5 and they trowels will become amazing.

I've got the refina and the nela. Used them both can't get on with either I still try to this day. But they get slug back in the buck after 2 mintues. I can't say it's the trowel after you see @scottie5 work. And I don't want to says it's the man because I don't think I'm a crap spread.

Maybe a day with @scottie5 and they trowels will become amazing.

when its cold and damp with no form of suction at all You just need to keep the water off it so it doesn't ripple or look sh1t when painted.
2 or 3 passes with the speedskim then once it's firmed right up and still flat and ripple free, use a slighty damp microfibre cloth to wipe the blade of the s*p*r*lex every few strokes no water on the trowel or wall it'll be mint.
If the skimming is on excessively thick give it an extra pass with the speedskim just keep the blade clean and slightly damp.

when its cold and damp with no form of suction at all You just need to keep the water off it so it doesn't ripple or look sh1t when painted.
2 or 3 passes with the speedskim then once it's firmed right up and still flat and ripple free, use a slighty damp microfibre cloth to wipe the blade of the s*p*r*lex every few strokes no water on the trowel or wall it'll be mint.
If the skimming is on excessively thick give it an extra pass with the speedskim just keep the blade clean and slightly damp.

Can't fault your skimming from the pics I've seen on here ...

Tiger stripes are normally caused by: timing, angle of the trowel or material amongst other things. It's not normally the trowel that's the cause of tiger stripes.

They have been around for a long time

It is the trowel if its outa shape....
Or a draft hitting the wall
Or wrong pressure at the wrong time
Or playing with it too much
Or if skims on too heavy
....all of these facts come down to the fella holding the trowel ....no matter what trowel it is.

If it helps
I slap her arse with a supaflex
And cut my powder up into big hits with a speedskim
.....probably why im always skint !!

Status
Not open for further replies.