Need advice - is this plastering up to standard?

Do you think it’s worth me getting him back to fix the issues or should I not trust him to fix it at all?! And also do the walls & ceiling in general look ok aside from the edges and details ? Not sure what I should be looking for.. they look smooth but are still drying too.
seriously constance that is shocking, do not pay him, it all needs replastered, sue him small claims court

So 2 artex ceilings over skim and 2 walls? Way too cheap my friend id charge you £300+ for each ceiling..was rooms empty as in no sheeting up on carpets/floor etc?
Rooms empty and I prepped them ready floor covered and sheeting covering a wardrobe.

Come on four hundred and twenty quid minus materials for a day he’s having a laugh what’s the materials seventy quid? Three hundred and fifty quid for a day that’s good money a shame it’s a complete s**t job, don’t pay him, he’s a courser knows nothing about plastering

the black icon is because my Facebook pic automatically loaded so I replaced it with blacked out camera quickly

So it was one full wall, one wall around window, and 2 artex ceilings skimmed for £420. This actually was the average quote from 3. They had the same sort of reviews all positive so I thought I’d go with the one who could do it sooner. I don’t know anyone to recommend Tradesmen In Bristol as recently moved here.
do you think this was a fair price to start with? I still haven’t paid but he says he will come to fill the areas I have issue with. After that I will wait for it to dry before deciding whether to pay fully or not.
Am no expert and realise a lot of you are taking the piss (yes maybe I’m an idiot here for being clueless) but I just wanted an expert opinion!
But we want to know if you're fit. Could affect the price of putting it right you see.

Don't pay the Wally who did that. Looks like a para did it. You'll be needing the money to get someone off here to put it right.

Sadly for you I'm not available in your area.

Hi there, realise this is a plastering forum but have been trying to find out whether skimming I have had done is up to standard. To me it looks a bit rushed in corners around sockets etc. Have uploaded some close up images and a few wide shot of the general ceilings/walls and any feedback would be appreciated, have not paid plasterer yet so am thinking to ask him to come and correct this. He seemed rushed on the job and although I think the ceilings and walls look smooth it is just the finer details that look poor in my opinion.
We also had some electrical chasing which he said was best to use filler rather than plaster, would be interested to know it this is correct
.View attachment 54001View attachment 54002View attachment 54003View attachment 54004View attachment 54005View attachment 54000View attachment 54007View attachment 54009

Danny told you everything you need to know about this, Constance:

dont pay. That is terrible

Please don't be afraid to stand your ground - if the guy gets stroppy, threaten to get trading standards involved. That work is definitely not up to a satisfactory standard, and chancers like that give the trade a bad name.

In terms of moving forward, after you've quite rightly refused to pay for such poor work, you can either pay for a proper plasterer to re-do the job properly (which will legitimately cost more than £420), or you can use EasiFill 60 and sand it smooth/level, if you have the confidence with DIY.

Lastly, please don't rely on 'recommended builder' type websites - they are full of chancers. You'll be doing your friends and family a favour by warning them the same.

Last edited:
Come on four hundred and twenty quid minus materials for a day he’s having a laugh what’s the materials seventy quid? Three hundred and fifty quid for a day that’s good money a shame it’s a complete s**t job, don’t pay him, he’s a courser knows nothing about plastering
Right so let me get this right,you would set up for the day I.e sheet up etc pva 2 artex ceilings,and skim 2 walls in a day in somebody's House? This isn't a site.hes priced the job wrong and he's a chancer and hence he's got a chancers finish..I'd literally price a ceiling a day and 2 walls another day but seeing as the 2 walls would be a stupidly easy id charge a little less 4 that day

The future of civilization

God help us.
And there was me hoping it looked like this.

barb-wire-pamela-lee-anderson-local-caption-1996-barb-wire-barb-wire-GEGN98.jpg

Did you ever get that wall skimmed?

Right so let me get this right,you would set up for the day I.e sheet up etc pva 2 artex ceilings,and skim 2 walls in a day in somebody's House? This isn't a site.hes priced the job wrong and he's a chancer and hence he's got a chancers finish..I'd literally price a ceiling a day and 2 walls another day but seeing as the 2 walls would be a stupidly easy id charge a little less 4 that day
2 day job for me that. Take your time do it nice