Need a Method Statement or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Right ive been asked for a method stament for the Ritmo spraying finish. What is this and how the hell do i get one?

Also they wanna see certificates for all electrical tools, same question what are these and where do i get them. Im guessing its PAT test but all our stuff is brand new.

Im sure i should know all this but dont

It's about Health and Safety mate, something you need to show how you will safely operate your shiney new machine. The kind of thing that gets rapidly seen to immediately after an accident........Ask the site lads, they'll fill you in better than me for how to word it :RpS_thumbup:

I am not a site lad but trying to be so its all confusing :confused:

Just nodded and said ill sort one out got to have one for Monday. God it feels like homework

speak to stuart mate, we have statements for the g4 and 5's so just change it to the say ritmo. as for the pat test there are sparkys who will do and stick a little sticker on saying so. we have never been asked for one ever.

Method statements are as the name suggests. A method stating your sequence of works.

Just outline your work processes as simply as possible, and dont jazz it up with bullshite. Emphasize the safest methods of completing your work, but keep it all simple.

Most people think they have to cover all aspects of H&S and complicate their statements, but in reality all you need to demonstrate is your working practices to a reasonable standard of safety to yourself and others around you.

Apart from some sparky's doing pat testing there are companies that do just pat testing. Look online for a local co. I am lucky, I have a local pat tester who has just started up and is way to cheap. He will do 30 items for £30. But his predecessor charged £100 for £25.

New electrical items do not need a pat test until they are 12 months old.

Good idea buying the labels!

How do you get a PAT test done on a Ritmo each year? Im not letting any old PAT man take it to bits

You don't get a choice they take items and test them you get them back within a week just fill out the form and they return them, the lad that did mine just asked me to scribble my name on a bit of paper but it was only one real lead, is it me or are all the pat testers rough as arse holes?

they fiddle with a little voltmeter doody and put a sticker on it - I think
Not sure if the new equipment has a certain time period where it doesnt need PAT due to it being new ?

for a mthod statement for the ritmo it will be easy if it only for the machine but if you are subbing to a contractor plastering outfit Its up to him to get the method statement unless you are direct to the client

i was asked for on once on an old transformer, said i didnt have one, they were in a rush for the job so gave me one otheir brand new ones to use

I think you should give these away as part off the machine package, ie , full risk assessment and method statments for both machine and genny

Actually in fairness Stu did say he could GIVE me both risk assessment/method statements for the Ritmo if I needed them.

I think you should give these away as part off the machine package, ie , full risk assessment and method statments for both machine and genny

I dont think so, and what we charge is very cheap compared to what it would cost . why are people always trying to blag a free be. its machine plastering uk ltd selling the statements not the uk machine plastering

Last edited:
Just to clarify I am not moaning about nothing and i dont think anyone should do anything for free. I did not understand some of the legal mumbo jumbo neeeded to branch out into different areas of site work. I have now been guided in the right direction and have sorted everything that i need :)

Many thanks to all that helped

Last edited:
I dont think so, and what we charge is very cheap compared to what it would cost . why are people always trying to blag a free be. its machine plastering uk ltd selling the statements not the uk machine plastering

Its a piece of paper or a copy of another piece of paper its not a big deal, your always harpin on about the backup and free advise you give so whats the problem givin a copy of somethin youve already got and lets have it right its not rocket science and these boys have parted with a fe quid xxxx

we are happy/and do provide these method statements to ANYBODY who buys a brand new machine from us if they need it flynn, as you rightly say they have spent a great deal of money trying to push themselves forward so we feel thats the right thing to do, what simps was saying is that we have them available and we are happy to provide them at cost to other machine users who bought their machines from other people or off ebay etc, we had to pay to have ours drawn up so were not prepared to provide them to every machine user for free. at the end of the day we are a company therefore we make a profit not a loss, and i'm not havin a pop but i believe that we do provide an extremely good after sales service, in the few years that i have been doing this i have gone out of my way to get to sites after i finish when some customers have had some bigger problems i have given up more then enough saturdays to fit in around customers i have given away material etc small parts if people need them i answer my phone pretty much 24/7 and answer all questions asked i make sure they get the best possible service i can provide and i pretty much make sure they get the correct answers and the best advice

so please dont criticise us on our after sales/back up service and dont criticicse us on trying to run a profitable compay

we are happy/and do provide these method statements to ANYBODY who buys a brand new machine from us if they need it flynn, as you rightly say they have spent a great deal of money trying to push themselves forward so we feel thats the right thing to do, what simps was saying is that we have them available and we are happy to provide them at cost to other machine users who bought their machines from other people or off ebay etc, we had to pay to have ours drawn up so were not prepared to provide them to every machine user for free. at the end of the day we are a company therefore we make a profit not a loss, and i'm not havin a pop but i believe that we do provide an extremely good after sales service, in the few years that i have been doing this i have gone out of my way to get to sites after i finish when some customers have had some bigger problems i have given up more then enough saturdays to fit in around customers i have given away material etc small parts if people need them i answer my phone pretty much 24/7 and answer all questions asked i make sure they get the best possible service i can provide and i pretty much make sure they get the correct answers and the best advice

so please dont criticise us on our after sales/back up service and dont criticicse us on trying to run a profitable compay

Im not critisising your business/sales or back up i know your offering a good service and you go out of your way to help people who have bought off you. warrior said "I think you should give these away as part off the machine package, ie , full risk assessment and method statments for both machine and genny" which is a fair comment. to which simple replied "I dont think so, and what we charge is very cheap compared to what it would cost . why are people always trying to blag a free be. its machine plastering uk ltd selling the statements not the uk machine plastering". Now if ive got my wires crossed i apologise, i was only echoing what warrior had said. If someone had bought a machine elsewhere fair enough you cant be givin stuff out for free and i wouldnt blame you i was under the impression currier had got the machine off you boys. xxxxx

Stuart you have been very helpful and your backup service has been great

Currier, on the type of site work you are going for soon you'll be wearing gloves hard hat and glasses full time, you won't be allowed to park anywhere near the job and be waiting months for your payments, oh and unrealistic schedules of work, if there is a problem with the superstructure or masonry they'll say "Can you get over that for free and we know the scaffold isn't adapted but we don't have anything left in the budget mate". Get ready and hold on to your hat!

Currier, on the type of site work you are going for soon you'll be wearing gloves hard hat and glasses full time, you won't be allowed to park anywhere near the job and be waiting months for your payments, oh and unrealistic schedules of work, if there is a problem with the superstructure or masonry they'll say "Can you get over that for free and we know the scaffold isn't adapted but we don't have anything left in the budget mate". Get ready and hold on to your hat!

To be honest i dont want to work on large sites as the rates are lower then if we are main contractors on smaller projects. However as we have new business model which needs to be promoted we are just trying to get hold of as many new avenbues of work as possible. The more we do for different people the quicker our name will get out there. Once we built up a reputation of being the quickest high quality spreads on the block im hoping we will start to get more calls for us to be the main contractor and we can pick and chose jobs.

I guess only time will tell but im still young so ive got years to make sure this all works out :flapper:

Status
Not open for further replies.