my speedskim blade is stuck!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the blade a couple times before and it sliped out nicely... this time it wont budge... ive now got half of it out but it its going nowhere.. has anyone else had this problem and how the **** did u get it out?

I had same with mine.. mainly due because I wasnt cleaning it properly after use...

Smashed it to bits to start with but soaked it in hot water for a bit n it came out.... eventually!!!

I had the same bother............just used a tapometer

You need to soak it in warm water for an hour...................according to Scott

Last edited:
You should take the blade out every couple of weeks to clean it................Scott told me about soaking it in water after i smashed fu@k out of the blade....................:rolleyes)

Does anyone take the edges off their speedskim and how much you curve it, no matter how far I take it off it leaves lines when flattening

gave mine a good coat of brick acid and a stiff brush, works a treat! I love my speed skim best thing since electric whisks!

Careful with brick acid coz after plaster or mortar it next favourite thing is aluminium, left my Ryobi whisk in it over night and next day no head on the end of the shaft, just black sludge in the bucket, did the same to the tang on my refina pipe trowel, anyone tried that calgon stuff that you put in kettles etc in hard water areas, should work on plaster residue.

Status
Not open for further replies.