My new spat

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzplasterer

Got the 600 refina and pole, doing a full house reskim at the mo.

Loving it, don't feel as knackered at the end of the day.

Woundn't say it's speeding up my sets that much though, just easier.

I've been finishing with my trowel. Just used the spat for flattening.

I'd say equal, maybe the spat gets the walls a bit flatter as it's 600 but no difference in finish.

Got the 600 refina and pole, doing a full house reskim at the mo.

Loving it, don't feel as knackered at the end of the day.

Woundn't say it's speeding up my sets that much though, just easier.

the blade on a pole, that is how you finish the self finishing sigma plaster in the netherlands. i can not see how it would finish gypsum plaster.

the blade on a pole, that is how you finish the self finishing sigma plaster in the netherlands. i can not see how it would finish gypsum plaster.
well with my experience with spats you get a better finish with a spat =600mm trowel (s*p*r*lex trowel at that) ,its only your angles you clean up and use a trowel to complete the job in hand , That's my opinion anyway and that's after 29yrs with a trowel

well with my experience with spats you get a better finish with a spat =600mm trowel (s*p*r*lex trowel at that) ,its only your angles you clean up and use a trowel to complete the job in hand , That's my opinion anyway and that's after 29yrs with a trowel

i have only used a spats in the netherlands. as i have no intentions to return to site work i guess i will not use one again.

i have only used a spats in the netherlands. as i have no intentions to return to site work i guess i will not use one again.
We'll they come in handy on domestic lids too , they save a lot of leg work jumping up and down on hop up or getting on stilts , they have there uses like everything wat works for one dosnt a Always work for another ,

Do you wet trowel with the spat?

it dont , the only ones that do never see it painted with up lighters on .

Do you wet trowel with the spat?
once the plaster is applied, I spat then clean edges with a trowel and water, 5 minutes or so spat again clean edges ,spat again don't bother with edges ,prep next set spat last time before it changes colour ,start all over again, only water I use is to clean edges and keep spat blade clean.

hows this stuff applied etc pal ?

machine or by hand. it comes in a tall bucket ready mixed, you need to keep the top of the bucket covered as it sets on contact with the air. the machine workers keep the wand in a bucket of water, and cover the hopper with poly when not in use.

I have 600 ,1000mm Excalibur and 800 eze , 600 is the easiest to control on the pole 1000 is brill on walls 800 is the best of both in my opinion

once the plaster is applied, I spat then clean edges with a trowel and water, 5 minutes or so spat again clean edges ,spat again don't bother with edges ,prep next set spat last time before it changes colour ,start all over again, only water I use is to clean edges and keep spat blade clean.

Interesting mate, are you on site skimming boards? can you use this method for re skims where the walls aren't flat.

Interesting mate, are you on site skimming boards? can you use this method for re skims where the walls aren't flat.
yes you have to use a bit more gear for obvious reasons and on this kinda work I use 600mm spat ,I use spats on everything skim wise, I even use them on float and set if I skim same day my first trowel is a spat as long as its not too dry(if it is I use plastic spat) my final cross is a spat (eze spat with a plastic blade in) I have been working with another spread 35 yrs in trade and guess wat he's bought a eze spat because he's seen me and my finish ,faster, better, less strokes showing as plaster is drying in walls/ceilings ,I use them like a big trowel and in my opinion any spread on price should have one, gives you time to get your breath back.
Think about it if you get a wall straight with a 14 inch trowel ,why wouldn't you do better with a 1000mm trowel ?:RpS_thumbup:

I've ordered one can't wait to use it, haven't got a clue how to use it or what it'll do but should be fun

I'm using A Plasterers forum app and so should You !

:)
Take your head out your arse craig, and stop taking things so seriously,
maybe spend a bit more time on the tilers forum or a bit less time with zee germans. :RpS_wink:

Last edited:
:)
Take your head out your arse craig, and stop taking things so seriously,
maybe spend a bit more time on the tilers forum or a bit less time with zee germans. :RpS_wink:

you make no sense at all mate... i actually thought you were about 18..lol.. if you read back on the thread, think even you will see you started it..lol... I dont use the tilers forum, however I am advanced c and G qualified in it, and make a very good living out of tiling... suppose your a great tiler aswell ? as for the German bit..well they do make the best products, although with the tiling Rubi are my preffered choice, I;ll leave it at that mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.