My First Magnetic plaster job

Vincey

Private Member
Can’t believe it’s been nearly 4 years ago to the day that I got a call off a builder to work on this refurb and to use Magnetic plaster at a bunker, it was a big job tbf and still isn’t fully completed, thought its worth a share of some pictures from the project and some of the walls magnetic was used, tbh getting jobs using the material is quite a hard sell in domestic environment, the material is expensive plus as a plasterer we obviously want labour price too but in terms of a product I think it’s a great idea.
2EFA2665-EE89-46CE-9655-7017AF407D9E.png
C02F2A12-5AC4-47EB-95D3-472C24F32268.png
467ACC19-871F-4BC3-B2F0-970A13D61DD7.png
BA4E867A-6351-49A1-9317-C4D48A56F0BD.png
A753B596-61A5-4045-964B-D333F05006B8.png
02588D4D-C10B-4904-A8E4-25EAE39CF435.png
0163577C-DF14-463B-B5F7-19C125E0D3E2.jpeg
D981DA7F-9953-4B4A-8D57-E52252E52383.jpeg

CB118EC5-9176-4401-9AAD-DFE242C9E9F2.jpeg

Attachments

• 0531D8BF-A1AE-4DAB-B0F1-C69455D274B2.jpeg
    0531D8BF-A1AE-4DAB-B0F1-C69455D274B2.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 455
I don't think the cost of the materials should come into it if your doing the room anyway. I've offered it on certain jobs and when you explain what your getting for an extra £80ish is a good price to pay. It shouldn't effect your price for labour anyway, fair enough you would struggle to concentrate on magnetic on its own but offering it on every job costs you nothing and maybe could get you the job.

Mint job Vincey, would of loved to be on that. Right up my street. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that George Clark??
Yes
Did you do all the plastering or just the magnetic?
All the plastering stu mate, there was only a small team working there one trade each , Jamie who owns it had a guy doing demo and ground work and a metal framer in front of me , on a few occasions I took my plasterer mate and plasterer cousin to try to speed work up for deadlines , the first phase is done he lives there now but phase 2 and 3 still to start

Yes

All the plastering stu mate, there was only a small team working there one trade each , Jamie who owns it had a guy doing demo and ground work and a metal framer in front of me , on a few occasions I took my plasterer mate and plasterer cousin to try to speed work up for deadlines , the first phase is done he lives there now but phase 2 and 3 still to start
Was clarky a bit of a bellend?

Was clarky a bit of a bellend?
No mate he was really sound down to Earth , said it was just pure chance that he got into t.v work , he loves buildings that’s for sure , he always try’s to go places by train instead of driving, when filming was going on me and 2 others were allowed to stay there for the days and it was great to do that , probably won’t happen again

No mate he was really sound down to Earth , said it was just pure chance that he got into t.v work , he loves buildings that’s for sure , he always try’s to go places by train instead of driving, when filming was going on me and 2 others were allowed to stay there for the days and it was great to do that , probably won’t happen again

I'm glad you said he was sound as I always think he comes across as a nice bloke on the telly.. .

In fact I think I might have got a bit of a bromance for him...bloody lovely he is!!!!

Did you do all walls a ceilings.
And do you and can you speedkim this product. What about paint does still req misting first as with multi.

Did you do all walls a ceilings.
And do you and can you speedkim this product. What about paint does still req misting first as with multi.
Only some of the walls were magnetic mate in selected areas , kitchen,bedrooms,hall ways, gym , and a reception area as it is half house half hotel at the back , mist coat and paint as normal it’s basically same process of application and painting as normal skim coat but applied slightly thicker 5mm ish is good and £70 ish a bag

Only some of the walls were magnetic mate in selected areas , kitchen,bedrooms,hall ways, gym , and a reception area as it is half house half hotel at the back , mist coat and paint as normal it’s basically same process of application and painting as normal skim coat but applied slightly thicker 5mm ish is good and £70 ish a bag
Slightly thicker:eek:, 5mm is 2 1/2 times the thickness of standard skim.

Slightly thicker:eek:, 5mm is 2 1/2 times the thickness of standard skim.
Or you could 3 coat it mate tbf some guys say they prefer that but I prefer thicker with your first mix , leave to firm up and a tighter normal second as such , at beads you be at 3 mm and tbf I think that still works but on bags it states the magnetic pull you get by the thickness on a graph I tested area myself to see and found at 5mm it was best performance for magnets or at least the cheaper magnets like magnetic tapes for pictures,at 2mm they will slide
Tbf though 3/4mm you still be ok with the gear and the pull

The gear is longer set to so bare that in mind on average 3.5 hour set

Or you could 3 coat it mate tbf some guys say they prefer that but I prefer thicker with your first mix , leave to firm up and a tighter normal second as such , at beads you be at 3 mm and tbf I think that still works but on bags it states the magnetic pull you get by the thickness on a graph I tested area myself to see and found at 5mm it was best performance for magnets or at least the cheaper magnets like magnetic tapes for pictures,at 2mm they will slide
Tbf though 3/4mm you still be ok with the gear and the pull

The gear is longer set to so bare that in mind on average 3.5 hour set
I'm pretty sure that I'll never, ever apply any of this gear mate. If I did I'd definitely be three coating it to get out to 5mm though.
I can't imagine that anywhere actually stocks this gear do they?
Christ my local places (apart from Selco) won't even stock Board Finish.

I'm pretty sure that I'll never, ever apply any of this gear mate. If I did I'd definitely be three coating it to get out to 5mm though.
I can't imagine that anywhere actually stocks this gear do they?
Christ my local places (apart from Selco) won't even stock Board Finish.
It will go out to 5mm no bother Andy. Minster stock it if they have them doon sooth and sometimes B&Q it's a hard sell tbh at £90 a bag but it's a good product