Multifinish v Tape and Joint

Members online

Wonderhorse

I worked with a very good carpenter and together we put these beams into a room in my house, its called a coffered ceiling. I can't plaster so I taped and jointed it, which took forever and was very messy.

As a matter of interest would an experienced plasterer be able to skim those beams in one day, that's putting all the beads on and then 2 costs of skim? It's just skimming the beams only.

The room is 6m x 5m, there's 12 bays in total and the internal dimensions of each of those bays is about 1800mm x 900mm.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20211121_124554.jpg
    20211121_124554.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
  • 20211112_173100.jpg
    20211112_173100.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 183
The Conversation will sound a bit like this .

Any reason you did not skim ceiling first..

Job will take longer longer know .

I worked with a very good carpenter and together we put these beams into a room in my house, its called a coffered ceiling. I can't plaster so I taped and jointed it, which took forever and was very messy.

As a matter of interest would an experienced plasterer be able to skim those beams in one day, that's putting all the beads on and then 2 costs of skim? It's just skimming the beams only.

The room is 6m x 5m, there's 12 bays in total and the internal dimensions of each of those bays is about 1800mm x 900mm.

Thank you in advance.
Search locally for an experienced and well recommended spread and let them quote for the job. By the way do yourself a favour and don’t tell them how many days it will take!

To get beads to join neatly in corners is time consuming and filling out beads takes more plaster and time than normal.
If standard height ceiling 2.4m I would price for 4 days, if higher it would be more.
You'll do well to get good standard of finish keeping tapes straight and margins even taping and jointing

Thank you in advance.

Yes Champion.

Thank you in advance.
Call it what you want, its total wank in that setting. Reeks of plebs thinking they live insome unaffordable period house.
Cheap as f**k and even cheaper trying to diy tape it.
Shoddy from start to finish.

Thank you in advance.

He can't have been that good a carpenter if he didn't recommend you bead and skim it...

Maybe he pushed you towards the idea of taping and jointing as he realised you were tight at the start and in order to get the job suggested t & j instead of plastering to cut cost and win work?

Thank you in advance.
You haven't scrimmed the angles, it all needs skimming

Thank you in advance.
I doubt anyone would bead prep and skim those all in a day, worse than a media wall that
Be a day and a half and a small fortune