Multifinish problems

Members online

Cant stand skimming grit
I assumed it gave a consistent lack of suck , PVA once you done your first hit you can adjust your timings to suit and can speed the next set up

I'll experiment on a a wall of my own , interesting cheers

I got told they knew they were sending out faulty gear from one factory but couldn't figure out why it wasn't right. So they just kept on churning it out there anyway. No fucks given
Is it a free for all, knock BG night?

Use board finish over pva without trouble. Small amount of trisodium citrate if needed to extend the setting time. Cheaper than multi also and a lot more predictable.
Pregrit is a total waste of time in my opinion, very rarely needed.

I mix PVA/SBR/Water, roughly 1:1:1, goes way further than just PVA, a lot stronger, much better at controlling suction etc/

And to matey above.. yes Board finish on re skims.
Thanks mate, I'll give Board finish a try and see how it goes

Hi Folks,
I've been a member for a while and enjoy the forum but never felt the need to post, until now. I have been using Multi for years and have never had a problem with it until the last year or so. It might be great gear to work with for months and out of the blue it's greasy and horrible to lay on and trowel up. I could not get to the bottom of it. What I have found lately in B&Q where I buy multi (nearest merchants and cheapest) is there is a mixture of pallets of the old orange bags and the new darker ones. For me the older bags have been the problematic ones so I decided I would mix a tub up with half and half old and new and it seems to be nicer gear and has worked so far, maybe worth a try or maybe it's a coincidence and the two bags are fine!!! Like some folk on here I never use water when trowelling except on angles and trowels. A definite NO NO for me is Skimming PVA when its wet/tacky. I Always let it dry for at least 5 hours but mostly overnight especially on big areas and then you can see if there are any problem areas the next morning before you start.

Welcome along

Here we go again! Multi bloody awful, well in date and I couldn't even get it onto the (new) board without it going off on contact and tearing got about a quarter of a smallish ceiling up and went back to flat it when it was obvious that the muck was off and couldn't even trowel any lines out! Let it down and thrashed it up as best I could and scraped back any high trowel marks. mixed up a second coat about as thick as the Mississippi river (too thin to plough too thick to drink)...... didn't even manage a couple of feet, on contact it went off! BG have got it to report on!
I'm 60 now and I don't appreciate being made to look like an ameture, What the hell is going on!
Does anyone know if board finish is still uneffected!

Here we go again! Multi bloody awful, well in date and I couldn't even get it onto the (new) board without it going off on contact and tearing got about a quarter of a smallish ceiling up and went back to flat it when it was obvious that the muck was off and couldn't even trowel any lines out! Let it down and thrashed it up as best I could and scraped back any high trowel marks. mixed up a second coat about as thick as the Mississippi river (too thin to plough too thick to drink)...... didn't even manage a couple of feet, on contact it went off! BG have got it to report on!
I'm 60 now and I don't appreciate being made to look like an ameture, What the hell is going on!
Board I.m using today hanging like f**k . Got heater on

Sounds like your boards have zero moisture in them and sucking like @Casper misses

Tried it on a test piece straight out of Travis Perkins, exactly the same! when ever it came into contact with a plaster surface it went off like plaster of paris! Going to use the PVA, SBR and third water technique on that initial coat and see how it goes!

Tried it on a test piece straight out of Travis Perkins, exactly the same! when ever it came into contact with a plaster surface it went off like plaster of paris! Going to use the PVA, SBR and third water technique on that initial coat and see how it goes!
Only buy from Wickes , especially in the damp atmosphere months

Your not on your own mate I have Spoken to a few lads in Nottinghamshire and there having the same problems with multi and board I am pulling my hair out with it been doing the job for 35 years and it pisses me off I am having the rep out tomorrow but might end up dropping him if he speaks down to me especially if he’s in nappies !

Had Mare today soon as went 1st trowel wet but rubbery at same time was literaly just pulling it off the wall but was ready for a flatten at same time

Temps double figures next week ....
Keep you working charvas . interest rate up again this week.

I like walking thistle of year

FEB4208E-7BE9-49EE-8BBA-929BDE677BC2.gif