Multi finish sponsored by wrigleys!

Members online

Multi has been good for me the last few months until last week.. had a handful of bags completely cock up a job, impossible to get a decent finish, same old s**t, chewing gum that never sets, if it was like that every day I'd get another job.

Using board finish now and it's decent at the minute..

Will somebody send me a half bag before you dump it lol , wickes , Bedford nil pois

How you possible can't of had any dog s**t bags is beyond me!

We fly through pallets and it's like lucky F*****g dip everyday!

It's such a relief after a while to be outside worrying about a render wash off just to break the cycle up!

It's such a relief after a while to be outside worrying about a render wash off just to break the cycle up!

Either incredibly lucky or only put on a bag a day like @Ritch

Yeah I know ,it’s that’s easy bud .the only time I find it trowels crap when it’s on toooo thick like round a thick door lining apart from that it’s lovely to trowel up

What’s your excuse for that ceiling you massacred then?

No joke mate , only ever had 2 bad bags and they were not from wickes beds , John j picture of red bags nearly out of date , mines usually got at least 2 months , busy town and fast turnover of stock I guess , I don't know , perhaps technique , lay on ( very neat ) , flatten 15/20 min ish later just before 2nd , keeping neat as I go , cross trowel after 10 then vert and final cross to finish , never use water , clean trowel and dry , only wet brush edges if doing opposites but don't pull wet onto wall
I don't know why its a mystery to me , just like skim on dry PVA , thought it was an in joke lol
Either incredibly lucky or only put on a bag a day like @Ritch
True I don't regularly day in day out put as much on as you guys , do other things as well but I can wipe a room out just as quick as most and mines fxxking neater than most, worked with 5 different spreads in London last year and put the same metres, mine was flat the were chucking water and all sorts of tricks and theirs looked like smoothed sand pits , all over the place

[/

I’ve tried every technique to finish multi and I find tight and I mean tight and tidy is the best way that works for me,getting near to 17m to a bag once everything’s been dubbed out with some stiffy,,try it might work for u, but u won’t know if u don’t try

[/

I’ve tried every technique to finish multi and I find tight and I mean tight and tidy is the best way that works for me,getting near to 17m to a bag once everything’s been dubbed out with some stiffy,,try it might work for u, but u won’t know if u don’t try

That's all good and well but you can't do that on all backgrounds.

100% agree on tighter the better though!

That's all good and well but you can't do that on all backgrounds.

100% agree on tighter the better though!
U can ,mix a stiff one first and bug/dub out any dodgy areas then your good for 2 tight ones

Troweled up mint again today mirror finish

Lovely day in Barnsley. Even used Nela max today in a cupboard. Coming on now don't half polish it up

Today I used the two bags of Uni I bought the other day for 50p each , it went on top of Hardwall that was floated in the morning. It was nice and creamy to use, spread well and didn’t tear/clog etc. At £13/£14 a bag - you make your mind-up?
It was all going well until I decided to give it a final cross-trowel.....just the one at the top went like that - not bumpy at all when you ran your hand over it.