Multi behaving badly

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie

Started skimming on wed, put on a couple of ceilings at 10:20am after bonding them and they didn't set until 3 o clock. Yesterday on walls over existing which we're bonded, the same thing happened. And today a lift of bonding before t and a setting of skim around half 10 and was walking out the door at 4:45 and they still hadn't compleatly set. And the amount of fat which was coming off the walls was a bit excessive W.T.F! the date on the bag is good and I know they've been stored well. Has anybody else came across this before, sometimes I think things like this jus happen to me :RpS_thumbdn:

when you say " bonding them " do you mean carlite bonding them ? uni bonding them or bond it bonding them ?

Bonding can be funny stuff to skim onto mate, best skimming the next day or at least till all the bonding has turned colour (dark)

This is on a refurb job and the skim has been on fresh plasterboard, bonding and s+c backgrounds and it's all been the same. Been skimming onto bonding for years and always when it's completely set without any problems. There's def something up with the finish or else someone's spiked the water supply, it's pissing me off whatever it is lol

Take it you are getting the multi from B&Q as it seems to be the only place here in n.ireland you can get it. Have used it a few times in the past couple of weeks and finding it a nightmare to trowel up. Have gone back to the ultra finish and its much better

has the water that you are using been passed through a water softener? this will alter the setting time on plaster as it is the impurities in the water that sets the plaster.

Take it you are getting the multi from B&Q as it seems to be the only place here in n.ireland you can get it. Have used it a few times in the past couple of weeks and finding it a nightmare to trowel up. Have gone back to the ultra finish and its much better
Yes got it from b&q but went to another supplier yesterday close to home which also does it and it went exactly the same, did u find it hung forever? I actually prefer carlite but it's a ridiculous price compared to multi.

Did take a bit longer to set than normal. What annoyed me more was when getting on my first trowel it pulled into bumps all over the wall. Never had this problem with multi before. It was a cold day tho and the water was right and cold to we were mixing with. Carlite was bad for a while there round my way but been using it and ultra recently and haven't had a problem

Yes got it from b&q but went to another supplier yesterday close to home which also does it and it went exactly the same, did u find it hung forever? I actually prefer carlite but it's a ridiculous price compared to multi.

you need to dose up the bonding as you need it to set quickly.
we bonded out today it set by 9 30, skimmed and work finished at 1 30.

you need to dose up the bonding as you need it to set quickly.
we bonded out today it set by 9 30, skimmed and work finished at 1 30.
Yes Malc there's no issue with getting the bonding to set, it's just the finish won't go at all, skimmed over every type of backing s+c plasterboard and bonding and it was taking the whole day to set ended up jus doing mega lifts to try and cover my day. I know it's milder and will hang a bit but this took the biscuit. Anyway jobs done now an money's in the bank so headache over lol. Cheers for ur input peeps and Merry xmas :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.