Mugs pricing jobs!

SmoothCriminal

Went to price a house to get roughcasted the other day.. customers starts to go on about the they have already had someone out to price it but he’s not showing much interest in showing them examples an taking weeks to reply etc. So long story short I go home work out a price then send them it. Knowing fine well in the back of my mind the last guys definitely gave them a cheap as hell price an now clearly doesn’t want the job. So gets a message back saying thanks for coming out but your price is a lot higher than the other guy so we are just going to wait for him to do it. My material price alone was only £500 short of his full material an labour llf! These type of tradesmen bug the life out of me! Driving prices down an having customers believe there getting a great price on there s**t workmanship. The jobs I’ve been beat on in the past then I go past them on the passing an see there house looks like dog s**t cos they picked the cheap quote llf! People are bonkers.

Went to price a house to get roughcasted the other day.. customers starts to go on about the they have already had someone out to price it but he’s not showing much interest in showing them examples an taking weeks to reply etc. So long story short I go home work out a price then send them it. Knowing fine well in the back of my mind the last guys definitely gave them a cheap as hell price an now clearly doesn’t want the job. So gets a message back saying thanks for coming out but your price is a lot higher than the other guy so we are just going to wait for him to do it. My material price alone was only £500 short of his full material an labour llf! These type of tradesmen bug the life out of me! Driving prices down an having customers believe there getting a great price on there s**t workmanship. The jobs I’ve been beat on in the past then I go past them on the passing an see there house looks like dog s**t cos they picked the cheap quote llf! People are bonkers.
Nice advertising sign outside saying " not my work "

Price 3 jobs . You get em all your to cheap
Get non your 2 dear .
Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Doesnt matter if hes priced it at £50. If he isnt actually doing the job his price is irrelevant. They'll end up getting another price and someone else to do it as they wont want to ask you back. Dont worry about people like that.

A few years ago, found out Rentokill only get 1 job in 10,
If you get every job you are too cheap.
You don't what plenty of work just plenty on money.

The difference is shocking between poor and good quality contractors. 2 houses around 6 houses apart on the same street round the corner from me rendered. 1st company put a Fassa thin coat render system on, used spats to get it flat...went with the windows with the beads...all spray applied...couldn't fault it...whole house done in 4 days.

Second company took a month on and off through the coldest months of winter...traditional render...20mm chunky galvanised beads, none of them straight, left all the plastics on and worked round them...left a load of waste in the garden while on the job...it's still there now. When they finally got it finished and painted I drove past at that time of day and f**k it has a terrible terrible job...basically laid on then sponged. It looked like it needed redo ing.

I would have been gutted if it was my house especially when the house 6 doors down looks perfect.

A few years ago, found out Rentokill only get 1 job in 10,
If you get every job you are too cheap.
You don't what plenty of work just plenty on money.
That my goal in 5 years morgatge paid. Not wishing my life away. Price a job doesn't mater if it 1 in 30

Same round here smooth criminal I meet all sorts mate just have to keep going you will have a good year and don’t need that job , I price 14 jobs in the last two weeks knowing I won’t get all of them

I generally get all my work from recommendations. But the last few weeks ive been quiet.
So price 2 jobs off my builder. At my normal day rate. Which isnt dear. Got neither. Christ knows what people are going in at.
Chancers m8.
Some of the render jobs I’ve seen around here when the multi was on shortages are absolutely diabolical.

its pretty frustrating at times! Like It’s all good when your busy an you don’t bother but it’s been quiet just now around here but wasn’t working due to Covid anyway so my fault but I’m going bananas not working so priced a few. You get people who are happy to pay for good work..an some are shocked at the price. Plumber will charge you £150 to fix your leaky tap though an it’s all good man haha! Not to worry positive vibes for the full year.

its pretty frustrating at times! Like It’s all good when your busy an you don’t bother but it’s been quiet just now around here but wasn’t working due to Covid anyway so my fault but I’m going bananas not working so priced a few. You get people who are happy to pay for good work..an some are shocked at the price. Plumber will charge you £150 to fix your leaky tap though an it’s all good man haha! Not to worry positive vibes for the full year.
I had an oil certified plumber swap my boiler recently £1750 labour 2 hours work

I generally get all my work from recommendations. But the last few weeks ive been quiet.
So price 2 jobs off my builder. At my normal day rate. Which isnt dear. Got neither. Christ knows what people are going in at.
I gave my builder a try, bout 5 jobs I didn’t get any. Only one of them replied with a thanks for your quote.
people must be working for nothing on there