mp75/thistle projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.

no i definatly wouldnt spend 5k on a m100. if it was about a grand it might be worth while

Yeh you would have to be a mug or very gullable to spend that type of money on a skimming machine especially when there are machines that do the lot for around the same money but tried and tested and with some backup.

Do you need a machine for skimming though its not as if you've got to get it on 20 mm thick then all the masking up setting the machine up it takes a good 10 minutes to clean putting it in you're van every night ......**** that I'd rather dp it by hand

Getting back to the point of machines for multilple render/plaster applications, dont Mtec do a skim conversion kit for the Mtec 300 for about £800?

If so would this not be a better deal than a £5k Mtec100?

am sure a uk company could easy design machines at a fraction of the cost, an wot bout import duty?????????? To buy a 4hp motor with vari speed 0-700rpm bout £300 , compresser £100? ,jet wash £90? an them prices not trade !!!!!!!!!!!!!

shame they don't do kit versions eh to save more dosh if you've a month of sundays free

you can buy all the parts, and get a frame/hopper made. but essentially all machines use the same parts. You could do the same with an audi or Bmw but why would you bother. You could earn more using a machine you bought in the first place. :RpS_thumbup::RpS_thumbup:

was gonna do it myself. if ur interested let me know. you can do it with the ritmo. It will be a nice job. my mate is boarding it and he is the efffing balls. plus they r seperate houses and bungalows so you only need commit to one

where did u get the gear from? would have been nice a bit cheaper than that. but u do get good meterage per bag

couldnt fix the clock no. didnt try the other way as it was getting a bit late. had a go and it was going a bit nuts, had to guess on the tightening and it sorted itself out but will need to change soon.

in all i think i got about 6 pallets mono, 4 cpi, 3-4 mp75 before it needed tightening. thats about double i got when just on hardwall

joe allen is sound bud, travels all over for B/G, with machine too. Can`t beat that sort of service:RpS_thumbsup:. he`d blow 100m on in hr for ya to promote that new product., silky cream gobbo:RpS_wink:

hi nick0412 do u av one of the m ritmo`s. wot m2 skim will it put on hr? and how long will it go till u av to clean it down? cause never get answers from reps. all they say is bla bla bla, bla bla, bla :RpS_bored: bla bla

yeah iv got 1. with this new gear iv only had 1 good day at it coz iv been on a lot of rendering recently. we tried it on a refurb which was half board half reskim. on the boards u can get it on quite light so its pretty quick, i would say 10m takes a couple of mins. i was on my own and doing it as a rolling gauge so i put on a wall about 10m, flattened it, gave it 10, another flatten, then sprayed another wall, same process and occasionally falling back to trowel up the previous. i was putting on for about 2-3 hrs i reckon. machine had started to set a little bit in the pot but i think i may have left it a bit too long a couple of times. i think it would be much better with a couple of you as with one you can end up having too much on to not let the machine sit for ages. but i think i need to have a few more goes at it to get a good system. its all a bit just having a go atm

nik, if you pro rata 6.05 against a bag of multi finish the material costs the same. That's if it does cover 15 mts a bag. I want 300 mts a day from 2 of us and i will be sold.

seems to me two plasterers needed to get large areas with the machine. one stays with machine and sprays none stop, other trowels, reach desired area asap, clean machine. then you got 2 to trowel up. coz plaster will start to set in the mixing process. i bet if you put 5 bags threw the machine then left the machine not spraying for 5-10 min then fired it up again problems would ensue. Thats why i asked wot would it put on in a hr. average plasterer hand balling with labourer 50-60m 2hr30min finish, start again.

you can leave the machine for about 10-15 mts. gimme the number of ur average plaster doin between 150-180 mts a day i got loads of work for him

Do you get 15m because it's one coat? I can't get me head around how knauf finish and this goes further unless you're one coating unless it's 30kg bags?

it goes on a lot thinner spunk. its seems to spread and cover better. but if its all filling out then itd be the same.

blones i reckon u might hit 100m each but thats it

Blones did you not have trouble with mp finish setting all at once, ? Does this do the same

what theyve said to me is u get a decent gauge on, say 50m between 2, both flatten then one puts another wall on while the other starts to trowel. then fall back and help for 10-15 mins. then put 1 more wall on, flatten sprayed wall etc. its quite forgiving gear.

only thing iv found is its def harder to finish when hand applied. no idea why tho

ye but would you want to keep up with the machine day in day out......I hate skimming at the best of times but this is something else. why invest ur precious funds to put more on with a machine to then run after and finish it. And don't say it takes out the laying on by hand because the setup and carting about and stress caused by relying on machines negate any benefit in that sense. It's foolish to invest in mechanised skimming imho....all ur doing is quantity rating ur skimming by churning out more metres for crap money. You don't pay to be a slave, but with machine skimming that's exactly what you'll be. I mean blonesey has a project coming up and he's already trying to offload it(no diesrespect I would) because it'll be stressful, unchartered territory, potentially embarassing, but it might earn a few quid if you can overcome all the pitfalls and lay on a squillion metres a day. I used to be machine mad but these days I have the attitude that the machine is a lump of metal to make my life easier, less stressful, and more profitable. It has to earn it's keep for me, not me it. Chasing a skimming machine day in day out(don't forget when it all goes wrong too) isn't my idea of a happy plastering future. If there's more money elsewhere(which there is)the machine don't come out the garage these days

i totally agree mate. but if there is the right job and thats all uv got, then it might be worth a shot. id always prefere to do anything but skim, but a lot of guys are 90% skim. the whole thing is trying to promote getting it on quicker coz its sprayed, and then using s*p*r*lex spats. guys that skim all day everyday are gonna do 3 hits a day 80m+ regardless

ooh just read back the night time rant and it is a bit cynical he he:rolleyes) and no dis at jonesey either just a good example of what I'm on about....basically all I'm saying is the machine has to earn its keep when your paying out the big bucks for em especially since it aint mono mono mono these days...peace brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.