Motorcross

Certainly seemed it at 16/17, then you started getting nearer and nearer to the litre bikes and realised it wasn't. I rember the first time I had a go on a mates GPZ750 turbo, the lag was insane but once it spooled up it was like travelling through time.
The guy who taught me to plaster had a Honda fire blade that was rapid always fancied having a road bike but never got round to it would probably start with a 600 bandit

The guy who taught me to plaster had a Honda fire blade that was rapid always fancied having a road bike but never got round to it would probably start with a 600 bandit

It'd depend on where and what sort of riding you'd do as to what would be the most fun. Bandits are decent general purpose/commuter bikes. You'd need to spend some time around bikes and chatting to people to see what suits whatever you want to do best.

I’m working on a little site and the owner of the site owns Damerells motorbike showroom so I’ve asked him for a bit of advice and a massive discount on my test fee!!! Always liked a bandit but until I do my test I can’t really decide

Shame to leave it in the hedge mate
Safest place for it mate , both security wise and don't want my son to get ideas they are suicidal machines , will dust it down and cover it up

He won't sell lol

Safest place for it mate , both security wise and don't want my son to get ideas they are suicidal machines , will dust it down and cover it up

He won't sell lol
I've never thought of that you're a genius you are bof,
They will Rob your f****** house and your sheds but they won't rob your hedge

I've never thought of that you're a genius you are bof,
They will Rob your f****** house and your sheds but they won't rob your hedge
The land is all 4 acre land settlement from after the war , all posh now £1m +
All have big ride on mowers and sheds full of expensive tools , big steel gates only encourage night visits and everyone's been done , most more than once , my gate up until recently was a rusty 5 bar tied up with bailer twine
Never lost a thing in 20 y

Passed my motorcycle test 6 days after my 17th birthday, the year the two part test came in. Applied before April so only had to do the one part DOT test. Had been riding my Dt175 MX on the road from the age of 16 1/2 naughtily.

The land is all 4 acre land settlement from after the war , all posh now £1m +
All have big ride on mowers and sheds full of expensive tools , big steel gates only encourage night visits and everyone's been done , most more than once , my gate up until recently was a rusty 5 bar tied up with bailer twine
Never lost a thing in 20 y
I know what you mean mate
It's the same where I'm at on my own in the countryside with a big yard

I ride Lurpy, prefere smokers myself, out once or twice a week if I can, gagging to ride at the minute but obviously all tracks are shut.. dismantled my bike a few times to do maintenance it didn't need.. run out of things to do, may take the tyres off and refit them lol

Nice tidy bike that though, you going to get back into it?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587365937420.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587365937420.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 123
  • FB_IMG_1587367473900.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587367473900.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 110
I ride Lurpy, prefere smokers myself, out once or twice a week if I can, gagging to ride at the minute but obviously all tracks are shut.. dismantled my bike a few times to do maintenance it didn't need.. run out of things to do, may take the tyres off and refit them lol

Nice tidy bike that though, you going to get back into it?

nice mate. I’m going to try mate yeah, need to get fitness up Though! Few of my pals got bikes too so should be. A laugh

Yeh I can imagine you won't be walking after first ride back lol, good you got mates to get out with though, nothing worse than going on your own!

Where do you live? I'm Crawley but quite regularly up at Mildenhall or Chippenham (Suffolk way) if that ain't to far from you, plenty of places around but usually have to drive an hour or two.

Yeh I can imagine you won't be walking after first ride back lol, good you got mates to get out with though, nothing worse than going on your own!

Where do you live? I'm Crawley but quite regularly up at Mildenhall or Chippenham (Suffolk way) if that ain't to far from you, plenty of places around but usually have to drive an hour or two.

Definitely mate although good to practice alone while getting back into it lolz just outside Birmingham

Lockdowns getting expensive, keep buying random s**t.

Anyone into motocross? Not had a bike since my 20’s. 35 now. Picked up this lil beast today. CRF250

View attachment 47602
That is so going to kick your arse! Got some serious torque that, Mrs Brimstone bought me a Honda offroad experience day when I was fitter than now, and it bucked me off easy every lap, same place.
Forget Green laning though, there's a walking pace speed limit nationally. Off road cops tend to seize the bikes and ask questions after.

Forget Green laning though, there's a walking pace speed limit nationally. Off road cops tend to seize the bikes and ask questions after.

They're very busy with that around Birmingham and the Midlands at the moment. Traffic's quiet and crime levels have dropped across the board. So they've now got plenty of time and resources to catch scrotes hooning about on nicked bikes. (y)

That is so going to kick your arse! Got some serious torque that, Mrs Brimstone bought me a Honda offroad experience day when I was fitter than now, and it bucked me off easy every lap, same place.

im looking forward to it mate. I almost went straight in for a 450f but thought better of it.

I near shat myself just riding it at wealking, sorry walking, pace from the tent to the trackside, went 1 lap and got off!

them fast lads are fit as f**k. Pal done it most his life and his wrists are massive never seen anything like it. Wrist n forearms like popeye

No one needs a 450 in my opinion, 250fs occasionally lap quicker than them in the nationals.. for your average rider a 450 allows them to stick it in 3rd gear for the entire lap and hit 100ft+ jumps they don't have the ability to jump/shouldn't even be attempting.. stick the same rider on a 125 and they learn to ride properly.

Far better riding a slower bike fast than a fast bike slow!

No one needs a 450 in my opinion, 250fs occasionally lap quicker than them in the nationals.. for your average rider a 450 allows them to stick it in 3rd gear for the entire lap and hit 100ft+ jumps they don't have the ability to jump/shouldn't even be attempting.. stick the same rider on a 125 and they learn to ride properly.

2smokers all day fuckk your 4strokes

Four strokes are superior in the sense they are a lot easier to ride, more stable with more gyroscopic affect, less gear changing, more torque at lower revs, much more traction in the wet, way more engine braking..

Much smoother less aggressive ride, way more expensive if stuff goes wrong, £1000s to repair as opposed to £100s.. but you save a fortune in less fuel, two stroke oil, pistons being changed every 50hours instead of 10hours etc/

Each to their own though for sure

That’s a 180 runner tuned to f**k kicks out 45bhp, I struggle to keep the front wheel down sometimes it’s a proper little weapon

I suppose one down side to consider with hobbies like motocross is that they're not really compatible with being self employed. You don't need much of an injury to take you off the tools for a few weeks, and if you don't get sick pay that gets expensive.

I used to commute a 50 mile round trip every day through the lanes. Sh1t in the bad weather, but good weather days made up for it. Then an old giffer pulled out of a garden centre and the rules of the road were upstaged by the laws of physics. Shoulder destroyed, broken neck, concussion, leg/ankle altered etc. I was on the cards so it was all get well soon cards and sick pay. I'd have been (even more) fcuked if I'd been self employed at that point.

very true, Found that out before. Had a ktm 250 2 stroke modded to f**k. Evil bike. Broke my wrist on that coont. Looking back, Was too much for me.

me and my pal swapped for a few laps at olympia. He went on the ktm and i went on his crf250. I was noticeably quicker on the crf than i was on the ktm

I suppose one down side to consider with hobbies like motocross is that they're not really compatible with being self employed. You don't need much of an injury to take you off the tools for a few weeks, and if you don't get sick pay that gets expensive.

I used to commute a 50 mile round trip every day through the lanes. Sh1t in the bad weather, but good weather days made up for it. Then an old giffer pulled out of a garden centre and the rules of the road were upstaged by the laws of physics. Shoulder destroyed, broken neck, concussion, leg/ankle altered etc. I was on the cards so it was all get well soon cards and sick pay. I'd have been (even more) fcuked if I'd been self employed at that point.

Totally agree, the problem is the most dangerous stuff is always the most fun lol

That's what insurance is for though, I've mentioned before on here I've had my fair share of injuries, currently have 14inch titanium rod in my left femur from a big off 3 years ago, was off work for 7 months.. I pay £70 a month for insurance specifically to cover extreme sports (can go base jumping on it too if the day comes).

It can become an unhealthy addiction but it keeps the mind and body healthy also away from drink n drugs, the missus loves it too (to scared to ride though) which is a bonus :bananas:

very true, Found that out before. Had a ktm 250 2 stroke modded to f**k. Evil bike. Broke my wrist on that coont. Looking back, Was too much for me.

me and my pal swapped for a few laps at olympia. He went on the ktm and i went on his crf250. I was noticeably quicker on the crf than i was on the ktm

Haha they are crazy fast aren't they, I was debating getting another 250 smoker but I think my next bike will be an sx150

Totally agree, the problem is the most dangerous stuff is always the most fun lol

That's what insurance is for though, I've mentioned before on here I've had my fair share of injuries, currently have 14inch titanium rod in my left femur from a big off 3 years ago, was off work for 7 months.. I pay £70 a month for insurance specifically to cover extreme sports (can go base jumping on it too if the day comes).

It can become an unhealthy addiction but it keeps the mind and body healthy also away from drink n drugs, the missus loves it too (to scared to ride though) which is a bonus :bananas:

Makes it an expensive hobby, the bike, the kit, maintenance fuel, £800 + accident insurance, transporting to and from, a jet wash etc etc. But as you say all the fun stuff is dangerous, expensive, or both. I always added extra cover for going to the TT for that reason which was on top of an already nut tighteningly expensive fortnight.

Makes it an expensive hobby, the bike, the kit, maintenance fuel, £800 + accident insurance, transporting to and from, a jet wash etc etc. But as you say all the fun stuff is dangerous, expensive, or both. I always added extra cover for going to the TT for that reason which was on top of an already nut tighteningly expensive fortnight.

You can say that again lol costs me £220 a month to store the thing securely.. obviously I keep tools here too but it's predominantly for the bike.

It's partly why I chose not to have kids tbf, no chance I could afford to have both, may regret it when I'm older but I'd also regret not doing the things I wanted to do!
IMG_20200417_130449.jpg

You can say that again lol costs me £220 a month to store the thing securely.. obviously I keep tools here too but it's predominantly for the bike.

It's partly why I chose not to have kids tbf, no chance I could afford to have both, may regret it when I'm older but I'd also regret not doing the things I wanted to do!

Kids are OK I guess, but they're no substitute for bikes. Plus, like bikes you can pick up some reasonable bargains once they're few years old so no rush. (y) :LOL: