Motorcross

I keep looking at Enduro bikes. Not had one for over 30 years. Started at 13 with a Bultaco Sherpa 250, and then had a couple of DT 175 MXs. There are a couple of restored Yamaha ITs on EBay for silly money. Never fancied a 4 Stroke. Would probably get a KTM Freeride 2 stroke if I dabbled again.
I've been on one of them bultacos old trials bike great machine

They have come back. Almost all enduro competitions are a full field of 2 strokes. The japs don’t want to re engineer them but European manufacturers are selling more than ever.
Yeah very true, My mate rides enduro on a Ktm 250 2stroke he had to tune it down cause it was a animal and he’s a nut job on bike

I never got into the motorcross thing, just watching it at the beach race in Peel etc. I'd imagine these days it must be a right pain to find somewhere to ride one?

I've had a few enduro type bikes on the road, the best of the bunch for me was my MT500. I'm not sure my knees would be up to kicking over a 500 single these days. :oops:

I do keep looking at TL1000's on eBay, but as I don't get the time to use the GSX1100 there doesn't seem much point in buying another ornament. :)

I never got into the motorcross thing, just watching it at the beach race in Peel etc. I'd imagine these days it must be a right pain to find somewhere to ride one?

I've had a few enduro type bikes on the road, the best of the bunch for me was my MT500. I'm not sure my knees would be up to kicking over a 500 single these days. :oops:

I do keep looking at TL1000's on eBay, but as I don't get the time to use the GSX1100 there doesn't seem much point in buying another ornament. :)
MX bikes are much easier to get into the loft than road bikes are (y)

Loved my motoX bikes back in the day had a 250 red rocket, cr490 bros had ktm 420 n yz 370 load of mates had bikes and all had long day out on Sundays on em,oldmans mate had big sand n gravel lorry used to load it up with bikes and drop us off up the valleys, or down pembrey race track great days good memories.

I sold my crf last year as I ran out of green lanes local and so I am planning on buying an electric mountain bike instead... maybe...

may not bother... I have even lost my desire to ride my road bike... I am in the middle of taking my BMW dealer to court over a faulty bike...

E0B78D8E-A3D7-46FC-B48F-8E0CE1A92450.jpeg

Iv been on bikes all my life, enduro motocross trials road bike and now into scooter racing
917B54D3-E8CE-4738-A906-FC3795BEA76C.png

And track days on the road bike
BEDDE945-66E5-478C-ADC5-FDD25CE939BA.jpeg

My parents did the same thing got me into dirt bikes to try and get it out my system so I didn't get a road bike I've done the same with my lad,
I had a Yamaha 50 FS1E at 16, but that was the only road bike I had. Did about 55mph max.

My parents did the same thing got me into dirt bikes to try and get it out my system so I didn't get a road bike I've done the same with my lad,
Bought my son a 125 , only went out on it about 4 times , shxt the life out of him , well worth the £2k , it's been under the hedge for about 15 years lol

Attachments

• 15872898311407483480167776098548.jpg
    15872898311407483480167776098548.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
For sale?
I doubt it mate , will ask him , needs about 2 days strip clean lol
Amazing power , I took it to Sandy woods and it ripped up them steep slopes you had to lean over the handlebars with your nose on the front wheel lol
It came from the son of a garage owner and was race tuned and immaculate
It's now pigeon shxt tuned lol
Didn't notice the cover had blown off , its under the hedge in case the barns get a visit , when we first got it it lived in our bedroom as I'd got him an old DT 125 and disappeared from garden in about two days

I imagine that over the next few weeks/months there will be a fair few bargain bikes, vans, cars, machinery as people start to feel things bite financially. Toys like bikes are usually the first things to go, especially off road and track bikes as they can't be used as cheap transport.

I imagine that over the next few weeks/months there will be a fair few bargain bikes, vans, cars, machinery as people start to feel things bite financially. Toys like bikes are usually the first things to go, especially off road and track bikes as they can't be used as cheap transport.

Think there will be some bargain houses also!

Definitely. I’ve brought this prematurely out of boredom. The prices of everything will start higher then start dropping when Nothing sells

Think there will be some bargain houses also!
Fingers crossed , was bidding on a 4 acre smallholding in Wales , burnt down 5 bed massive house , thought it would go for 60 , went for 92 just before lockdown

Yes had a fizzy myself always a Yamaha man
They used to say a Suzuki owner was usually your dad or the school caretakers bike

Definitely. I’ve brought this prematurely out of boredom. The prices of everything will start higher then start dropping when Nothing sells

You're not going to lose money on it though, as soon as things pick up prices will rise again.

I keep looking at some proper random sh1t on eBay, from sensible (ish) stuff for the business to motorbikes. There have been a couple where I've hovered the cursor over "make a bid", a Hayabusa in particular almost broke my resolve. He'd bought it over the Winter to go touring this Spring/Summer. :confused:

If I'd gone for everything that caught my eye I'd be skint, divorced, and needing to get another container at the yard. :LOL:

Had a 1988 cr250 back in the day wish I kept it started with a puch magnum twist and go
my first bike was a puch monza in 1982 not a bad looking bike at the time but was restricted,mates used to fly by me on their unrestricted fizzys n AP50's fkin embarrasing lol

Took my cbt on a fizzy but had a Yamaha DT50 for the road

I had a DT125 back in the day, sadly it was written off. I tried to overtake an MG up the inside at a roundabout, but he turned left. I ended up behind the passenger seat (bit of a shock for the driver!) and the DT got pinged into a bus stop. :aburrido:

my first bike was a puch monza in 1982 not a bad looking bike at the time but was restricted,mates used to fly by me on their unrestricted fizzys n AP50's fkin embarrasing lol
My mate collects old bikes and he’s restored a little puch magnum it’s mint worth a few quid now

I had a DT125 back in the day, sadly it was written off. I tried to overtake an MG up the inside at a roundabout, but he turned left. I ended up behind the passenger seat (bit of a shock for the driver!) and the DT got pinged into a bus stop. :aburrido:
My mate had a DT125 it was quite quick to be fair

My mate had a DT125 it was quite quick to be fair

Certainly seemed it at 16/17, then you started getting nearer and nearer to the litre bikes and realised it wasn't. I rember the first time I had a go on a mates GPZ750 turbo, the lag was insane but once it spooled up it was like travelling through time.