monocuche

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you go directly onto block with say K1 to you need to dampen down the blocks first? and is it one coat in 2 passes? surely not 1 pass? won't the blockwork grin through.

Agree that most problems with cracks due to fast track building. Rendered over while the mortar beds are barely dry instead of having a settlement period. Lack of strengthening around openings with some engineering bricks to make IP the beads and sills instead of all block. Etc etc.

I've priced a tidy job and the guy wants krend.
Not taking the gamble with k1. I'm going hp12 followed by egrade.

I probably wouldn't go K1 for private, no need. I'd suggest silicone to the customer whilst explaining that the silicone by default makes for a harder job and will cost a few quid extra a metre.

The extra mixing needed to free the gear up doesn't seem so bad then.

I probably wouldn't go K1 for private, no need. I'd suggest silicone to the customer whilst explaining that the silicone by default makes for a harder job and will cost a few quid extra a metre.

The extra mixing needed to free the gear up doesn't seem so bad then.

Egrade is silicone. Was last time we sprayed it anyway

So if you go directly onto block with say K1 to you need to dampen down the blocks first? and is it one coat in 2 passes? surely not 1 pass? won't the blockwork grin through.

If you apply to the correct thickness the block work never grins no matter if its one pass or 2
Grinning is normally down to thin coating on the wall. Sometimes Rarely when the walls are soaked from prolonged rain

I have never used E Grade but I have used SAS Europes silicone monocouche and that was horrid stuff to use. Over 10mm and it slides off. Saying that there prep coat is waterproof.

From what I can gather these silicone monocouche renders need well mixing but with a r&s being the only chance it has got how do you 'well mix it' ?

I have never used E Grade but I have used SAS Europes silicone monocouche and that was horrid stuff to use. Over 10mm and it slides off. Saying that there prep coat is waterproof.

From what I can gather these silicone monocouche renders need well mixing but with a r&s being the only chance it has got how do you 'well mix it' ?

Mix it, let it rest for a few minutes and mix it again if you are hand applying. Using an after mixer helps when pumping. The silicone by default resists the mix initially until you can get the polymers going.

Think most decent pumps have them as an optional extra. Well worth it by all accounts, makes everything pump as well as it can do.
better off with the injector coupling rotorquirls do fuckall to break the mix down

Renders that state 5 minute mixing times are not getting that time through a machine like a ritmo, does this cause problems? Also what about the polymer based renders I have always thought mixing time was really important with these.

Renders that state 5 minute mixing times are not getting that time through a machine like a ritmo, does this cause problems? Also what about the polymer based renders I have always thought mixing time was really important with these.

Use the after mixer rotomix with polymers and slower rotors.

Although renders are advised to be mixed for say 5 mins whisking in a tub I do find even though it goes through a machine much quicker it always seems to be mixed far far better through the pump.

I can only guess this has something to do with the tight passage the material has to pass through in the worm which gives mixing to the individual particles where as in a tub your whisk does only so much turning big clumps of material hence why it needs more time for the water to get to all the material.

Use the after mixer rotomix with polymers and slower rotors.

Although renders are advised to be mixed for say 5 mins whisking in a tub I do find even though it goes through a machine much quicker it always seems to be mixed far far better through the pump.

I can only guess this has something to do with the tight passage the material has to pass through in the worm which gives mixing to the individual particles where as in a tub your whisk does only so much turning big clumps of material hence why it needs more time for the water to get to all the material.

Suppose that's right. You can tell the difference in mixes between a paddlemixer and a belle mixer, although mixes from a belle seem nicer too spread it is slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.