monocuche

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi lads just woundered the the diffrence between krend and monocuche starting a job mon few houses inside and out and they want moncuche never used it is it
base coat
then second scabble finish ?
cheers for any advice

Krend is a brand its all monocouche it just the name for one coat coloured render.

Funnily monocouche is also a brand. As is weber parex etc they make monocouche render.

hi lads just woundered the the diffrence between krend and monocuche starting a job mon few houses inside and out and they want moncuche never used it is it
base coat
cheers for any advice

don't mean to sound funny but how come your down for doing the job if never used the product?:RpS_confused:

surley this is going to end in tears? or are you part of a bigger team like pal?

don't mean to sound funny but how come your down for doing the job if never used the product?:RpS_confused:

surley this is going to end in tears? or are you part of a bigger team like pal?

naa ill be fine im been doin it long enuf done k rend b4 didnt hear of moncuche b4 and i just did 4 months of a lime system using glass blocks lime plaster meshing and top coats so im pretty experienced just woundering if it was same as k rend were doing the insides and they asked us to do outsides

Ye its just tech name all pretty much same to use some prefer weber to krend parex ect bish bash bosh either eiver or!:RpS_thumbup:

Ive had three decent mono jobs to book in this year already, its popular... nice finish aswell....

I dont reckon any render job should be a have a go.. better to work with someone experienced first...

The amount of lads we take on, on price. Can you apply a scratch render to a decent standard? They give it all the talk oh yes etc, they last days and are sent on there way, I recon half are rubbish, not trade standard.

i been rendering a long time my friend i just never came across this name i was one of the first guys to use a lime based belguim render product this year cos of my exp and and skill
glaas foam block installed 4 mill base coat mesh and 3 coat application working with zero tolerences and usuing laser to set up bead work and screeding of box rules so im not a chancer
relax u self lol

I was told last week by steve logan from k rend that k rend is not a monocouche and should always be used in a base coat so cant be classed as mono.

i been rendering a long time my friend i just never came across this name i was one of the first guys to use a lime based belguim render product this year cos of my exp and and skill
glaas foam block installed 4 mill base coat mesh and 3 coat application working with zero tolerences and usuing laser to set up bead work and screeding of box rules so im not a chancer
relax u self lol

yaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!:rolleyes)

relax u self lol

no bodies calling you a chancer you wally,
they were just general points, im not overly fussed if you've been rendering 20 years or 20 minutes truth be told.

mono is an expensive material, and like every other application there is a bit more to it then first meets the eye. you need a person experienced with mono to lead your gang or it will end up with haloes, and misses. and as you have already been told in tears and no payment.

I was told last week by steve logan from k rend that k rend is not a monocouche and should always be used in a base coat so cant be classed as mono.

Yeah it would seem the enigma that is krend is still evolving.
So maybe in an attempt to prevent krend from shrinkage and cracking they now want base coats applied to every application to receive a top coat of colour ? !

Well I guess then that means it is not a monocouche render after all if it can't be applied full depth in one or even 2 coats without the aid of a base coat such as hp12.

There will be cost implications of course, extra visit for the base etc. What will house builders make of this now ? Production times are key.

Will they tell the house builders it needs a base tho. Hmn.

I am glad someone mentioned:RpS_thumbup: Not too many know the difference between monocoat and k rend. It's all in the title:RpS_wink:

Easy solution to stop builders wanting k rendering whatever that means is to tell them its £5 a metre more to apply than other better brands of render.

base coat
cheers for any advice

It's important that you leave it for 7 days before you scabble it mate, it will look its best then.

I always thought, was taught that Monocouche was a French term for one coat, maybe wrong I don't know.

weber - pral m
k-rend - k-rend scraped finish
parex - monorex ??? Not used this on my own jobs

k-rend has flecks in it, possibly silicon (correct me if I'm wrong) where as webers pral m range is more duller.

good luck with the job buddy, get in touch with your local rep if you have any questions.

I always thought, was taught that Monocouche was a French term for one coat, maybe wrong I don't know.

weber - pral m
k-rend - k-rend scraped finish
parex - monorex ??? Not used this on my own jobs

k-rend has flecks in it, possibly silicon (correct me if I'm wrong) where as webers pral m range is more duller.

good luck with the job buddy, get in touch with your local rep if you have any questions.

It does mean one coat yes.

The flecks are mica or crushed glass. A few do a version now with that effect but IMO I would sooner have the good stuff in the bag rather than a product full of bulkers

So do the flecks do anything? I assumed they were there for a reason, possibly something to help with flexibility.

just had a quick read on mica, looks interesting.

? I have official K Rend specs here that strongly suggest otherwise. The K1 specifically is designed to go straight onto block but FT as been applied straight to block for as long as I can remember. The K1 is K Rends answer to the other applicator friendly, buttery, lower strength renders that are out there.

? I have official K Rend specs here that strongly suggest otherwise. The K1 specifically is designed to go straight onto block but FT as been applied straight to block for as long as I can remember. The K1 is K Rends answer to the other applicator friendly, buttery, lower strength renders that are out there.

Yep and still will be applied to block in one coat but seems there will always be problems here and there.

Sounds to me like they want to reduce the cracking and shrinking issue as much as poss and what better way than to suggest the use of a dedicated base.

Makes sense. Just its a a no brainer when it comes up against and out and out mono though with no such issues.

K1 does seem to be the enigma of all the range. Like you say its supposed to be the match for all the other brands bit it just doesn't seem to do what the others do.

Why not just stick with egrade ?

Monocouche is a French word which literally translates to “One Coat”. Basically meaning a render which fulfills both the functions of weatherproofing and decorative appearance. Monocouche render is usually coloured.

Dont qoute me ,quote your man steve logan.Oh and k1 is shite,i used it again last week loads of shrinkage cracks and sections had to be removed.I never experience this with weber or parex.The builder chose the product by the way as it is deffo at the bottom of the list of products in my eyes.

Dont qoute me ,quote your man steve logan.Oh and k1 is shite,i used it again last week loads of shrinkage cracks and sections had to be removed.I never experience this with weber or parex.The builder chose the product by the way as it is deffo at the bottom of the list of products in my eyes.

This I don't understand why it's happening for you one of my punters pumps loads of it with no issue.

Yep and still will be applied to block in one coat but seems there will always be problems here and there.

Sounds to me like they want to reduce the cracking and shrinking issue as much as poss and what better way than to suggest the use of a dedicated base.

Makes sense. Just its a a no brainer when it comes up against and out and out mono though with no such issues.

K1 does seem to be the enigma of all the range. Like you say its supposed to be the match for all the other brands bit it just doesn't seem to do what the others do.

Why not just stick with egrade ?

It's a weird trade ours and applicators tend to be a fickle bunch.

One of the larger applicators in my area has switched over to K1 and is very happy with it.

In my line of work I can to a lot of the problems guys are having with all the brands and for me there's no real stand out and renders / renderers end up taking a lot of flak for problems caused by other stuff such as poor design, crap blocks and mortars etc.

It's a weird trade ours and applicators tend to be a fickle bunch.

One of the larger applicators in my area has switched over to K1 and is very happy with it.

In my line of work I can to a lot of the problems guys are having with all the brands and for me there's no real stand out and renders / renderers end up taking a lot of flak for problems caused by other stuff such as poor design, crap blocks and mortars etc.
I agree as what usually happens is the builder builds an extension then calls you ans says he wants it rendering,until you get there you havnt a clue what it's built out of or how big the panels are etc,then when you tell him it needs movement joints he doesn't want them:RpS_confused: should have called me before you started and I would talk max panel sizes without mortar bed reinforcement and could of worked out an alternative.

I agree as what usually happens is the builder builds an extension then calls you ans says he wants it rendering,until you get there you havnt a clue what it's built out of or how big the panels are etc,then when you tell him it needs movement joints he doesn't want them:RpS_confused: should have called me before you started and I would talk max panel sizes without mortar bed reinforcement and could of worked out an alternative.

The big housebuilders are the worst and it's funny to get to large sites where a third of the plots have render on by one manufacturer that's cracked so they move over to another and they crack so they dump that and the last lot crack with yet another manufacturers render on...

They then screw the applicators for as much as they can until they run out of money and try to mitigate the blame (rightfully so) by calling in the blockwork and mortar guys who all proceed to blame each other.

It's happening all over the country.

The big housebuilders are the worst and it's funny to get to large sites where a third of the plots have render on by one manufacturer that's cracked so they move over to another and they crack so they dump that and the last lot crack with yet another manufacturers render on...

They then screw the applicators for as much as they can until they run out of money and try to mitigate the blame (rightfully so) by calling in the blockwork and mortar guys who all proceed to blame each other.

It's happening all over the country.

Agree that most problems with cracks due to fast track building. Rendered over while the mortar beds are barely dry instead of having a settlement period. Lack of strengthening around openings with some engineering bricks to make IP the beads and sills instead of all block. Etc etc.

I've priced a tidy job and the guy wants krend.
Not taking the gamble with k1. I'm going hp12 followed by egrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.