monocouche without a pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you put a picture up of your first panel, where you can see the overlap lines the halos and the slacks in the wall.
Yes owls, no problem.
Do you reckon that you need to be more skilled to get a better job with Monocouche, then? opposed to a better job with sand & cement?
As I said before, its new to us.

Found one for sale on a second hand site over here, looks a different model slightly to mine but they are the bees knees
f448f726270cde4cc697dd4f85dacd7c.jpg

Although you still struggle to get the jist how big the drum is off the photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheers, i'll keep my eyes open for one.

Yes owls, no problem.
Do you reckon that you need to be more skilled to get a better job with Monocouche, then? opposed to a better job with sand & cement?

No you don't have to be more skilled, but it's a different job, which has to be approached differently and can provide different obstacles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes owls, no problem.
I personally think it's easier.
Although it's a different animal to standard render

Hello, new member on here.
Been plastering and rendering for 25+ years and recently went on a course to learn the basics of monocouche.
Found it quite simple and easier on the wrists but at the end, the instructor basically said that there is really no point in doing this type of rendering without a pump.
Don't want to splash out thousands of pounds on a pump after a quick course on monocouche, but i'm interested in giving customers an alternative to sand & cement rendering.
Is there anyone out there who doesn't use a pump? and what would they recommend for knocking up?
Bath? Whisk? Dustbin? Gorilla tub? or is it just a pump job?
I'd appreciate any ideas.
Thanks
Spredadair!

How was it easier on the wrists?
Your still laying up 18mm of mortar on the wall.

Iv not read all the thread so aplogies if this has been repeated.

I use to handball mono just me and a subby I brought in, Iv even done 15/20m2 panel on my jack full mesh at 15mm.

It is not worth it

The money is good but getting home at 7/8pm shoulders fooked, elbow near snapping isn't nice, i was 25 at the time playing football twice a week so relatively fit.

I couldn't have continued hand balling, we've invested in a machine and we are doing ok.

No more carrying water up scaffolding, no bagging out of scaffolding, a lot easier, I use to fooking dread the 30m2 + panels even with 2 it's hard and if both guys aren't on the ball from 7am your in for a hard day.

Just how's it's panned out for me, maybe different for others.

Iv not read all the thread so aplogies if this has been repeated.

I use to handball mono just me and a subby I brought in, Iv even done 15/20m2 panel on my jack full mesh at 15mm.

It is not worth it

The money is good but getting home at 7/8pm shoulders fooked, elbow near snapping isn't nice, i was 25 at the time playing football twice a week so relatively fit.

I couldn't have continued hand balling, we've invested in a machine and we are doing ok.

No more carrying water up scaffolding, no bagging out of scaffolding, a lot easier, I use to fooking dread the 30m2 + panels even with 2 it's hard and if both guys aren't on the ball from 7am your in for a hard day.

Just how's it's panned out for me, maybe different for others.

What machine have you got Mac?

I remember the labourers face when we had 220 bags of render dropped on the road at 4:30pm l next to an end terrace, just the 2 of us.

The lot had to be bagged out 10 bags on every corner and middle of a three lift scaffold.

Fook that, never again

You also have to have the temperment. Setting up a machine is to some a lot of faffing about. But plug a whisk in takes a few minutes.

I had a easy 110m2 to thin coat last Friday. Got the lads at mine for 7.10am, load everything onto the truck then drive to the job. Unload everything.

Now this was going to be my first attempt at spraying thin coat. New compressor to set up and plug the swing gun in. Not our usual set up. I could see there was no interest at all and all this faffing about was getting a bit too much to handle. So after the lab moaned that he could have knocked 10 effing bags by now I gave up! Did it by hand. They was a lot happier.

Now if we had successfully set up (maybe being our first time) and sprayed without problems (doubtful) it would have been a different story. But no, packed the lot away and Maybe some other time. I will spray thin coat and sprayed texture finish but on my own to start with, not going through that again.

Maybe there is some truth in you cannot learn old dogs new tricks!

You also have to have the temperment. Setting up a machine is to some a lot of faffing about. But plug a whisk in takes a few minutes.

I had a easy 110m2 to thin coat last Friday. Got the lads at mine for 7.10am, load everything onto the truck then drive to the job. Unload everything.

Now this was going to be my first attempt at spraying thin coat. New compressor to set up and plug the swing gun in. Not our usual set up. I could see there was no interest at all and all this faffing about was getting a bit too much to handle. So after the lab moaned that he could have knocked 10 effing bags by now I gave up! Did it by hand. They was a lot happier.

Now if we had successfully set up (maybe being our first time) and sprayed without problems (doubtful) it would have been a different story. But no, packed the lot away and Maybe some other time. I will spray thin coat and sprayed texture finish but on my own to start with, not going through that again.

Maybe there is some truth in you cannot learn old dogs new tricks!
once you do 1 you'll never do it by hand again lol

Money is there at the end of the day whichever way they do it.

As we have all done in the past when learning something new we have failures. It was a fantastic wall to learn on, no windows, rubble ground. But I think from their point of view it is the faffing about getting it there and set up and the fear of failure. The old hand way was a dead cert but this experiment could have turned out to be a nightmare of a day.

But the opportunity was to good to let go. Just bitterly disapointed but I will succeed. No choice way my health is. Slipped off the ladder by 1 rung and damaged a tendon in my foot now. F*cked elbows and working on one leg.

Thought about what you said about lac on speed 5 Mike? Think it will work on the first pass but with a texture gun.

Would the Rotmo's compressor be enough for a texture gun?

no ive tried lol
once you've set up the only difference is the stopping it with the remote button you dont have to turn the air of really

@Rigsby you should try it if you still have that LK, sod messing about with ritmo for top coats.

Get John blasting it on and follow him rubbing.

Quicker and less mess, very accurate too

@Spreadadair i hand apply & mix my renders I work in my own & can cope with decent sized areas - actually found these products a lot easier than sand-cement-dashing etc added a image of the job I've just finished , has a wrap round on the front also - hope it goes well for you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 330
Status
Not open for further replies.