monocouche without a pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spredadair

Hello, new member on here.
Been plastering and rendering for 25+ years and recently went on a course to learn the basics of monocouche.
Found it quite simple and easier on the wrists but at the end, the instructor basically said that there is really no point in doing this type of rendering without a pump.
Don't want to splash out thousands of pounds on a pump after a quick course on monocouche, but i'm interested in giving customers an alternative to sand & cement rendering.
Is there anyone out there who doesn't use a pump? and what would they recommend for knocking up?
Bath? Whisk? Dustbin? Gorilla tub? or is it just a pump job?
I'd appreciate any ideas.
Thanks
Spredadair!

Hello, new member on here.
Been plastering and rendering for 25+ years and recently went on a course to learn the basics of monocouche.
Found it quite simple and easier on the wrists but at the end, the instructor basically said that there is really no point in doing this type of rendering without a pump.
Don't want to splash out thousands of pounds on a pump after a quick course on monocouche, but i'm interested in giving customers an alternative to sand & cement rendering.
Is there anyone out there who doesn't use a pump? and what would they recommend for knocking up?
Bath? Whisk? Dustbin? Gorilla tub? or is it just a pump job?
I'd appreciate any ideas.
Thanks
Spredadair!

You could always hire a machine as and when you need it? @Plasterers1StopShop can advise you better though :D

Welcome to the forum :D

The though of putting on without a pump, :sick:.
And a course you'll learn jack go and work with a gang before you practice on some ones house.

i didn't have one for the first 10 years just get 4 or 5 tubs to knock up in
cheers for all the replies
would you just knock them all up in one go? and would 1x labourer and 1x plasterer be ok for a small bungalow? just trying to work out the best way off doing it.

Depending on how big the areas are and where your corner beads are bungalow should be fine . I think every one will admit it doesn't get any easier Laying it on even after years. Really could do with 2 laying anything of decent size on . Gotta be done in 2 passes and mix has to be spot on every time to avoid slumping and discolour. I always use a cement mixer to render . You can fit 2 bags in , I know only one bag comes out the mixer when you tip it tho haha .my advice to you would be , mark your water gauging buckets with duct tape so labourer is getting mix spot on each time.and don't leave the first coat pull in too much before your second coat , wet on wet
would you just knock them all up in one go? and would 1x labourer and 1x plasterer be ok for a small bungalow? just trying to work out the best way off doing it.
ing

Depending on how big the areas are and where your corner beads are bungalow should be fine . I think every one will admit it doesn't get any easier Laying it on even after years. Really could do with 2 laying anything of decent size on . Gotta be done in 2 passes and mix has to be spot on every time to avoid slumping and discolour. I always use a cement mixer to render . You can fit 2 bags in , I know only one bag comes out the mixer when you tip it tho haha .my advice to you would be , mark your water gauging buckets with duct tape so labourer is getting mix spot on each time.and don't leave the first coat pull in too much before your second coat , wet on wet

ing
ok, didn't know that a cement mixer could be used. good advice about the water being spot on every time.

at least a few so the labs in front of you but yeah knock them all up

Status
Not open for further replies.