Mono crack fix

Members online

Rossi46

Private Member
I’m pricing a cleaning job and there’s a crack in some Weber Chalk and the owner is asking if it can be filled. I said it can’t and now they’re asking for it to be painted to fill the crack. I’m not a painter and I won’t be painting it but has anyone successfully sorted a crack in mono?
I didn’t do the job by the way.
Thanks
Mark

I’m pricing a cleaning job and there’s a crack in some Weber Chalk and the owner is asking if it can be filled. I said it can’t and now they’re asking for it to be painted to fill the crack. I’m not a painter and I won’t be painting it but has anyone successfully sorted a crack in mono?
Thanks
Mark
1617046019835.png

Thanks
Mark
It should repair and not be visible after painting mate,

You do get it with thin coat as well mate if the blocks crack the render does too silicone or monocouche
I’ll take a picture tomorrow morning when I walk my dogs as I walk past the almighty “crackless” silicone job everyday

conor mcgregor may mac world tour GIF

There's a company called rendit in doncaster ,they do a mendrend repair kit and deliver in the post , they do all of the Weber colours. It's £15 +vat for a tube .they have a video on there Website on how to use it. I've used the Weber chalk and you can't see anything after Like colour difference and we didn't need to paint the elevation

You do get it with thin coat as well mate if the blocks crack the render does too silicone or monocouche
I’ll take a picture tomorrow morning when I walk my dogs as I walk past the almighty “crackless” silicone job everyday

conor mcgregor may mac world tour GIF
It can be patched a lot easier though mate. You don’t need a huge list of tools either like that video.

No such thing as render that don't crack,
Nothing will hold back a substrate crack,
Correct application makes a world of difference and thin coat is far more robust,

Always find out why its cracked before any fixing. Any texture over the top is overkill isn't it, just use a stabalizer if you can't blend it well enough.
Seen plenty of bucket coats crack but it's usually badly set out expansion beads etc, and it will be more common over the next few years with the increasing timber frame builds and the like.
We are currently on a new build site at present rectifying poor work on a timber frame, thin coat. Vertical cracks all over, no drainage channels fitted etc.

No such thing as render that don't crack,
Nothing will hold back a substrate crack,
Correct application makes a world of difference and thin coat is far more robust,
Your right there pal, your only as good as your substrate your going over, and it's up to you to determine the right application.
Renderers now need to be on it.
Gone are the days when we just rendered over 7n block, you've now got icf,timber frame,carrier boards,different insulation types, durisol etc. All are different beasts to render over.