Mojo gone

Members online

Dr pepper

Been off for few months after shoulder opp, but christ where do I begin?!

Having an absolute mare troweling up, timings gone to pot, little blemishes here and there fat Mark's the list goes on. God awful and embarrassing to say the least. Expected maybe a little bit of tail spin the first hit back but just finish a week of it and all over the show.

I hang my head in shame, going to strip it back to basics. Any advice on how to get back on the straight an narrow would be greatly appreciated!!

Heck chuck some abuse in as well by all means the performances I've put in of late deserves it! :tonto:

Ps just to add thankfully this dogshit effort has been at relative's house (unfortunately she not blind) just to ease back into but never the less have am going to re do the 2 rooms again.

Confidence is shot to bits need to get back in the game its driving us crazy!

Ps just to add thankfully this dogshit effort has been at relative's house (unfortunately she not blind) just to ease back into but never the less have am going to re do the 2 rooms again.

Confidence is shot to bits need to get back in the game its driving us crazy!
Dont worry about it ask zombie.he was asking for advice other week as he forgot how to skim,some of us are just natural..form is temporary but class is permanent..chin up squire

Dont worry about it ask zombie.he was asking for advice other week as he forgot how to skim,some of us are just natural..form is temporary but class is permanent..chin up squire
Thanks bud (y) It may have won the battle but the war is not over!

have you recoverd from your shoulder operation, possibly subconciously you are not fully confident about your shoulder, apprehensive that you may damage shoulder , and perhaps this mentally could be holding you back,........if possible find yourself a decent size room to skim/ or a couple of walls downstairs and perhaps 1 upstairs,........then just really go for that room/on and off your crate/up and down the scaffold and really give it a good work out,....only way to get over it mentally, and after room/ceiling is all skimmed and cleaned up , see how you feel, hope everything works out for you dr.pepper

I know loads who have lost there mojo over the years mate,I knew a spread was a well respected and known fella,he had pretty much similar,he fell on his trowel and did nerves or muscle in his forearm,can’t remember which..he was a complete different person when he came back,couldn’t keep up with what he was doing and just kept on panicking and flapping,in the end it knocked his confidence and was going to pack it up..but,he stuck at it and started from scratch again,and he did pretty much went back to basics and wasn’t worried about the pond note but the work..
Needless to say he is ok now..finishing at 2 in the afternoon sipping beer and moaning about the money that apoarantly he hasn’t earnt...

Slowly slowly catchy monkey ;)

Monkey Omg GIF by MOODMAN

Having an absolute mare troweling up, timings gone to pot, little blemishes here and there fat Mark's the list goes on. God awful and embarrassing to say the least. Expected maybe a little bit of tail spin the first hit back but just finish a week of it and all over the show.

I hang my head in shame, going to strip it back to basics. Any advice on how to get back on the straight an narrow would be greatly appreciated!!

Heck chuck some abuse in as well by all means the performances I've put in of late deserves it! :tonto:
@zombie

I wouldn’t worry or stress yourself out. Just do one gauge, take your time and chill out..... I do that sometimes just to keep a happy head.

put some tunes on and treat the job as active meditation. No ones pressuring you but you

There are a lot of things that affect our work right now that have nothing to do with you. The material is inconsistent, the more recycled boards can react with the skim ,etc
One of the best plasterers I know told me how he adjusts his timings based on the batch of multi he gets. I had a horrendous pallete couple of weeks ago, @algeeman gave me some pointers and turned it around. Don't be hard on yourself, you'll get it back. Good luck to you

There are a lot of things that affect our work right now that have nothing to do with you. The material is inconsistent, the more recycled boards can react with the skim ,etc
One of the best plasterers I know told me how he adjusts his timings based on the batch of multi he gets. I had a horrendous pallete couple of weeks ago, @algeeman gave me some pointers and turned it around. Don't be hard on yourself, you'll get it back. Good luck to you
Which brand of lager did he point you in the direction of?

have you recoverd from your shoulder operation, possibly subconciously you are not fully confident about your shoulder, apprehensive that you may damage shoulder , and perhaps this mentally could be holding you back,........if possible find yourself a decent size room to skim/ or a couple of walls downstairs and perhaps 1 upstairs,........then just really go for that room/on and off your crate/up and down the scaffold and really give it a good work out,....only way to get over it mentally, and after room/ceiling is all skimmed and cleaned up , see how you feel, hope everything works out for you dr.pepper
Many thanks hector (y)

Must admit at first was a bit reluctant to push it to hard when troweling, but seems an feels fine when putting bit of pressure through it, 12 weeks since opp last week the worse thing is the muscle wastage doing lid was hard graft!

Just come back into and having a mare feel I've took 3 steps backwards timings technique etc:tonto:back at job tomo going to pva an start again try few different things try an get out the rut

Thanks bud (y)

I know loads who have lost there mojo over the years mate,I knew a spread was a well respected and known fella,he had pretty much similar,he fell on his trowel and did nerves or muscle in his forearm,can’t remember which..he was a complete different person when he came back,couldn’t keep up with what he was doing and just kept on panicking and flapping,in the end it knocked his confidence and was going to pack it up..but,he stuck at it and started from scratch again,and he did pretty much went back to basics and wasn’t worried about the pond note but the work..
Needless to say he is ok now..finishing at 2 in the afternoon sipping beer and moaning about the money that apoarantly he hasn’t earnt...

Thanks mate (y) that's route going to take it back to basics

You took advice from Chris?
You must have been REALLY desperate.

My mojo has gone aswell mate in the bedroom department though my missus is 6 months preggers with our 3rd and this baby is going to be a goliath the missus is already huge,for some reason she still wants dicking every now and again, but its like f**k**g a massive marshmellow,

Il do the gig