Mock beam

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Following another thread regarding making oak beams from plaster i made a mock up today for the customer, first time ive done it so a bit trial and error.
I got some liquid rubber in the end and took some molds of some oak beams up the farm, they wasn’t the best to take from but was all that was there so had to make do, and ended up with some rubber printing mats 'ish.

This afternoon i built a box from left over plaster board, spread it with finish quite thick :RpS_blushing: and then when it had picked up a bit layed the mats on and went over with a rad roller leaving an imprint. Just needs staining now, although i think there’s things i can do differently next time, its been a good crack and don’t look to bad in the flesh !!

Link to pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/102710...&authkey=Gv1sRgCPrpi-irhZqSUg&feat=directlink

Here's one I did yesterday its not finished in the pic but looks s**t compared to yours like :-(
What do others think of my effort?? :RpS_biggrin:

photo-873.png

Hey fbs what you think of my pic mate just need some feedback like ??
Come on you can tell the truth :RpS_biggrin:

Here's one I did yesterday its not finished in the pic but looks s**t compared to yours like :-(What do others think of my effort?? :RpS_biggrin:
photo-873.png
Nailswater, are you up to your picture tricks again????? :RpS_sneaky: is this one in Africa also:RpS_laugh:

Nailswater, are you up to your picture tricks again????? :RpS_sneaky: is this one in Africa also:RpS_laugh:

how very dare you! As if I would mess about with work based photography :-0

I got another pic I'll put it up once i get some truthful feedback.

Sorry airborne I'm not hijacking your thread mate, I'll be gone in a bit :RpS_wink:

No it's actually a new product called sandcrete!
Had it shipped in from abroad like :RpS_thumbup:

All looks good only ever done one and used a bark effect roller looked ok til the client painted it ended up looking like a fcuking great Mars bar

Status
Not open for further replies.