Mixing SBR and PVA together

2.1. 3 or 4 but no one ever listens to me , told lurpack last year when he f**k*d up a load a walls but know he never tried it , told John j two weeks ago when he screwed up and there was a few others on here can’t remember who they are , sod um
We all love you really!!

2 coats of watered down pva let them soak in. Or 1 coat and get a move on 2nd coat using the same mix. 2nd coat always sorts it out ecen if the first cracks up a little

2 coats of watered down pva let them soak in. Or 1 coat and get a move on 2nd coat using the same mix. 2nd coat always sorts it out ecen if the first cracks up a little
I think if you do that on high suction back ground you get loads of hairline cracks

No, but would give it a go. Have you tried it ? if so what ratio of mix did you use?

Been skimming a whole house out for someone recently. Only a couple of rooms left to go.

Paper been stripped everywhere. Really old dry walls which I am used to but these ones are particularly bad.

Was using PVA for the first half of the job. Was taking a good 6 coats to make any difference. Wasting my time so got a labourer in and had him absolutely lashing it on and using a brush instead of roller to get better coverage. It was still going off too quick and was wasting my time.

Done the last couple of rooms using 1 coat of 1:1 SBR:water and then green grit over the top. Was an absolute joy to go over. Hangs around longer than plasterboard if anything.

The SBR is what takes the suction out, the grit on its own does fk all if you ask me, just gives a key as the SBR is like latex on the walls

Have seen people on here talk about using 1 coat of SBR and then one coat of PVA on here and some swear by it Some people go over just dry 1:1 SBR on its own but others don't trust it because it doesn't reimulsify like PVA.

I feel like if you made your own bonding agent using the right balance of SBR, PVA, water and maybe throw something gritty in there like sand, could this be a magical 1-coat wonder for high suction?

I experimented a lil bit today with a small face. 1:1 SBR:water and then a little bit of watered down PVA. Went on a treat, same hang time as the gritted walls. Haven't seen it dry or painted though tbf.

Even the SBR and grit has saved me soooooo much time compared to when I was PVAing the other rooms and goes on a lot nicer too!

2.1. 3 or 4 but no one ever listens to me , told lurpack last year when he f**k*d up a load a walls but know he never tried it , told John j two weeks ago when he screwed up and there was a few others on here can’t remember who they are , sod um

The thing is anyone who has been on here long enough to remember you selling your arsehole to British gypsum over the unifinish saga will never take your advice serious ever again!!!

P.O.S.T.E.R B.O.Y

The thing is anyone who has been on here long enough to remember you selling your arsehole to British gypsum over the unifinish saga will never take your advice serious ever again!!!

P.O.S.T.E.R B.O.Y
Harsh that zombie. Petes just enthusiastic. He pushed a product he believed in. So what it failed. It wasn’t his fault it failed and it never failed on him.

Harsh that zombie. Petes just enthusiastic. He pushed a product he believed in. So what it failed. It wasn’t his fault it failed and it never failed on him.

Bullshit he loved the fame and attention!!!

I only used 10 bags and could see the flaws so how he could have used pallets and not had any problems is frankly unbelievable!!!

Been skimming a whole house out for someone recently. Only a couple of rooms left to go.

Paper been stripped everywhere. Really old dry walls which I am used to but these ones are particularly bad.

Was using PVA for the first half of the job. Was taking a good 6 coats to make any difference. Wasting my time so got a labourer in and had him absolutely lashing it on and using a brush instead of roller to get better coverage. It was still going off too quick and was wasting my time.

Done the last couple of rooms using 1 coat of 1:1 SBR:water and then green grit over the top. Was an absolute joy to go over. Hangs around longer than plasterboard if anything.

The SBR is what takes the suction out, the grit on its own does fk all if you ask me, just gives a key as the SBR is like latex on the walls

Have seen people on here talk about using 1 coat of SBR and then one coat of PVA on here and some swear by it Some people go over just dry 1:1 SBR on its own but others don't trust it because it doesn't reimulsify like PVA.

I feel like if you made your own bonding agent using the right balance of SBR, PVA, water and maybe throw something gritty in there like sand, could this be a magical 1-coat wonder for high suction?
Mate, that was the most informative answer ever, thanks, will try it .Cheeers!

Bullshit he loved the fame and attention!!!

I only used 10 bags and could see the flaws so how he could have used pallets and not had any problems is frankly unbelievable!!!
I used six ,and I did what it said on the can no pva,two jobs, one emulsion, one gloss, it went too a flash set almost both times but felt like chewing gum until then. Not the the best of gear.

who's pete?
Pete-plasterer-using-UniFinish.jpg

@Rossi46 @Vincey

Do you guys put on night before and skim dry the best day?
That’s what I did recently. Old chap had floated his kitchen walls out in hardwall and then was told he had terminal cancer so they got left for months.
They skimmed fine after coating them the day before with the Vince mix