Mistake at plastering !

Members online

johneym

Hello folks,

I am not a plasterer by any means but have done bits and pieces here and there. I am doing a room in our house and we have new insulated plasterboards all round. My son is helping and he misunderstood so when I arrived home from work 3 days ago he had already filled in the joints with bonding compound. He did that in the morning and when it was dry he put on the scrim over the bonding !! I need to skim it but am not sure this will be ok. What are my options? Its a large room.

Thanks for the help

thanks Smudger, I appreciate the reply. I figured that was my task but was hoping to avoid it. It's pretty hard stuff !

Cheers

App[y pva to the bonded joints prior to plastering or they will pull in straight away

Hello folks,

I am not a plasterer by any means but have done bits and pieces here and there. I am doing a room in our house and we have new insulated plasterboards all round. My son is helping and he misunderstood so when I arrived home from work 3 days ago he had already filled in the joints with bonding compound. He did that in the morning and when it was dry he put on the scrim over the bonding !! I need to skim it but am not sure this will be ok. What are my options? Its a large room.

Thanks for the help
Pva the joints and plaster.

thanks lads for the input. Conflicting info but I will go with the simplest one and hopefully it will be ok. Cheers

Last edited: