Mike@BritishGypsum

Hi all
To Lurpak and Essexandy - We are really sorry to hear that you are having problems with MultiFinish. We genuinely want to find a solution and think that maybe the best way is it to see it for ourselves. So we would like to send a member of our Operations team - who make it, and someone from Technical - who formulate the product, to visit you on site, so they can see the problems you are having for themselves. We hope then a resolution can be found quickly. If you are able to help us out with this, could you please drop us a line at [email protected] with your phone contact details so that we can set it up. Thanks from BG
Y the f**k don't u f**k**g do one ,what bg no about plaster and plastering u can write on back of f**k**g STAMP asuwere,

Also Gordon I’ve always said multi is crap

Just like your stupid my builder website s**t

Last edited:
Plasterer to plasterer lurpack
Buy a pallet of pure finish
How many times I’ve said it on here and seems no one at all believes me but I tell you now it’s your answer
Tbh I read these thread comments now and just think I give up trying to tell them all

Domestic guys such as yourself have the choice to use the better plaster it’s a slight increase in material cost but let’s be honest it’s nothing really for quality gear , just try it at least to put me out my misery
Thanks
I don’t care about it being dearer but you can’t get hold of it unless you have a pallet but you may not get through it before it’s out of date, you do realise the weather is turning colder so everyone will want their outsides done now

It's all good and well saying just use pure finish...but why can't they just make decent multi?... If pure finish is the way to go, does that mean multi is going to be obsolete eventually? And pure finish is more expensive too;)....the price hike won't be coming out of my pocket,it will be the customer who pays for it at the end of the day.....lol

It is I just didn’t expect to see you say it, I held you up on a pedestal for your plastering capabilities
I never said I'm best, maybe one before last, even in the yellow pages. I ain't no rough either, I sometimes feel that you just have to do your best and caulk the rest. I'm way past it worrying about the quality I churn out, I have s**t days too just like anyone else I'm not denying that, I seen some s**t in the past which just makes me feel better about myself and the way I work.
Saying that hopefully I won't have to hold a trowel till early next year:rock:

I never said I'm best, maybe one before last, even in the yellow pages. I ain't no rough either, I sometimes feel that you just have to do your best and caulk the rest. I'm way past it worrying about the quality I churn out, I have s**t days too just like anyone else I'm not denying that, I seen some s**t in the past which just makes me feel better about myself and the way I work.
Saying that hopefully I won't have to hold a trowel till early next year:rock:
I know you care about your work really. Why no trowel till next year, you doing wattle and daub?

I know you care about your work really. Why no trowel till next year, you doing wattle and daub?
I had a shite year this year tough and all had enough of it all, went on holiday with family when got back someone offered a year's work for reasonable money on the next day on a big refurbishment, so I can be without the worry of dealing with customers, quoting, invoicing, chasing trades etc, so took his offer while everything else gets sorted out, still doing the weekends for myself but seeing it as too much hassle will pack that in just before Christmas and hopefully won't do 7 days at all next year.

We use nothing but board finish now, every now and then we will use multi ( if client has supplied it) the difference is huge. It handles better, feels a little creamier making it easier to spread. It closes in better on second pass. I've often wondered what the difference between the products is.
I've only really used it on fresh board, i take it you've found it fine going over artexed ceilings,painted walls and bonding etc.

@JessThePlasterer it was worth me moaning as they’ve responded, my threads always break the internet so it’s worked out well. @essexandy has far more experience than me and will definitely get more out of the visit than me so it’s a win win :bailando::coffe:

I've only really used it on fresh board, i take it you've found it fine going over artexed ceilings,painted walls and bonding etc.
Yes bud , use it over everything. My local Jewson gets it in for me and I basically use their yard as a store. I even chuck my own sheet over it something I've suggested for years but always fell on deaf ears. My suggestion was that either the merchants or @BritishGypsum provide a fitted sheet that fits over a standard palette of bags. A material that is sensitive to temperature/moisture should be treated as such. This would be a one off outlay but I think it would pay off dividends in the winter.

I had a shite year this year tough and all had enough of it all, went on holiday with family when got back someone offered a year's work for reasonable money on the next day on a big refurbishment, so I can be without the worry of dealing with customers, quoting, invoicing, chasing trades etc, so took his offer while everything else gets sorted out, still doing the weekends for myself but seeing it as too much hassle will pack that in just before Christmas and hopefully won't do 7 days at all next year.
I know what you mean, I never work weekends now, work to live not live to work that’s my mantra, bit less money but a better quality of life

Yes bud , use it over everything. My local Jewson gets it in for me and I basically use their yard as a store. I even chuck my own sheet over it something I've suggested for years but always fell on deaf ears. My suggestion was that either the merchants or @BritishGypsum provide a fitted sheet that fits over a standard palette of bags. A material that is sensitive to temperature/moisture should be treated as such. This would be a one off outlay but I think it would pay off dividends in the winter.
Just a slightly larger upside down tonny bag would be ideal. I did get a quote for something like this back in 99 but never got round to having them made.

Thanks for that, I've been thinking about switching to board finish for awhile now. The thing that put me off was the chance of failures on re-skims. I've never been a fan of multi and always preferred carlite finish, obviously it was discontinued in favour of multi so that was the end of that.

Just a slightly larger upside down tonny bag would be ideal. I did get a quote for something like this back in 99 but never got round to having them made.
you used to be able to buy all that sort of stuff once, firm we worked for had rubberised covers for gyproc pretty damn good and tuff too

Thanks for that, I've been thinking about switching to board finish for awhile now. The thing that put me off was the chance of failures on re-skims. I've never been a fan of multi and always preferred carlite finish, obviously it was discontinued in favour of multi so that was the end of that.

Shall we try, together?

carlite was the best ever finish ever made browning was shite

carlite was the best ever finish ever made browning was shite
Carlite was a load of horrible slimey, snotty shite IMO.
f**k**g hated mixing it with a stick and plodger.
I actually think that Multifinish is fairly similar. The big difference is that we were only using Carlite Finish with suction.

Tbf mate that’s not true , thing is with the likes of multi and board is they have been around for years and stocked
The new ranges may well be harder to get in stock at merchants because they are new
Forget unifinish I’m talking about pure finish you can’t say anything until you try it bro.

It’s fact matey, if the buying department get a feeling a product will fly off the shelf it would get stocked and promoted make no mistake, but unlike the fu ck wits at bg, travis’s and the like no there customer base and what we want and what we may want if it’s good enough.
I’ve been in retail I know how it works

Last edited:
Carlite was a load of horrible slimey, snotty shite IMO.
f**k**g hated mixing it with a stick and plodger.
I actually think that Multifinish is fairly similar. The big difference is that we were only using Carlite Finish with suction.
hate to disagree but never had any issues with c/finish but backing plasters f/cking site

You need to take british gypsum up on this... the reason why they need to see it happen is that they can't replicate the issue...

I can't replicate it either, that's the most frustrating thing. It's hit and miss.

Simple to work out though but only BG know the answer. Theres an issue and that's a fact. But is it down to them messing with stuff? or is it storage? hmm