1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • Mike@BritishGypsum
    0D6828E9-59B1-46CF-90A8-56D58EEEDEA7.jpeg
    908.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Mike@BritishGypsum
    8052FB9D-BB74-426C-B7A8-9E62C36213B2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 230
What the f**k??!

Bad times that’s awful!! And on board?! If you’d just joined and I hadn’t seen pictures of your work I’d think you were terrible at your job..... which is unfortunately what your customers might think. @BritishGypsum should definitely respond to those images

Cheeky minx lol why would you think someone is terrible at their job if the product fails? Clearly that’s an issue with the gear. You can’t do that involuntary with a trowel lol.

Customer on this one is a developer who gives me loads of work. If ananything he’s lucky it was me in it as i can sort it.

That happened during plastering. Had few walls on and awkward areas all over the upstairs. It happened on few areas @algeeman even a small area floated out with bonding.

Cheeky minx lol why would you think someone is terrible at their job if the product fails? Clearly that’s an issue with the gear. You can’t do that involuntary with a trowel lol.

Customer on this one is a developer who gives me loads of work. If ananything he’s lucky it was me in it as i can sort it.

That happened during plastering. Had few walls on and awkward areas all over the upstairs. It happened on few areas @algeeman even a small area floated out with bonding.

Lol! Sorry I meant if if you just saw that and you didn’t know the guy etc you’d question his work.... I was pointing out that this could make someone look like a nobhead in front of their customers ( who wouldn’t know about product failure) which bg should take very seriously.

Is that better explained? (y)

.... God you’re so touchy, anyone would think you’d had a bad day... :inocente:

Lol! Sorry I meant if if you just saw that and you didn’t know the guy etc you’d question his work.... I was pointing out that this could make someone look like a nobhead in front of their customers ( who wouldn’t know about product failure) which bg should take very seriously.

Is that better explained? (y)

.... God you’re so touchy, anyone would think you’d had a bad day... :inocente:

Better now xx sowwy

Attachments

• Mike@BritishGypsum
    162E3E89-2396-4EC7-87EE-39D68CBC8ABE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
That actually happened during plastering though id not long layed it down. I’ve seen this happen before in extreme heat when it’s finished but not during plastering in f**k**g winter lol

Most domestic customers don't know what's an acceptable finish, not saying leave it dog rough

Know what you mean though. You ever had that where you’ve floated out a wall that looked like a bad day in bosnia , you’ve it absolutely bang on and a mirror finish. Literally excited for customer to see it you’re imagining their reaction “omg look at that” “how did you even” “ok get it out you’ve earned this”

And they say “yep, looks better than it did”

Ok enoughs enough. We need a proper response from mike @BritishGypsum

Multi Finish Plaster.

Scenario 1 (rare)

Put it on, lay it down. Trowel it up and think, fook me that’s nice just how it used to be. Nice set perfect finish. 0 stress.

Scenario 2 (increasingly familiar)

Put it on, lay it down. Go to trowel it up but it’s too wet. But wait, it’s also too dry. That’s impossible right Mike? Leave it 5 come back. It’s even wetter than when I left, WTF. This is all kinds of wrong. It’s turned into the undernath of a year 6 history class table. Mouldy old f**k**g chewing gum c**t. It’s tearing. It’s leaving marks ahhhhhhhfgg

So you leave it till the death as even if you look at it something goes wrong. You end up calling in a fire engine to house the wall down and trowel it to death to get a mediocre finish. You’re stressed as f**k and doubting everything, again.

It isn’t a bad batch. It isn’t the time of f**k**g year. It’s some jumped up primary school science teacher with a god complex f**k**g about with the ingredients.

Please fix it. When it’s right it’s great.

Thanks in advance

Hi all
To Lurpak and Essexandy - We are really sorry to hear that you are having problems with MultiFinish. We genuinely want to find a solution and think that maybe the best way is it to see it for ourselves. So we would like to send a member of our Operations team - who make it, and someone from Technical - who formulate the product, to visit you on site, so they can see the problems you are having for themselves. We hope then a resolution can be found quickly. If you are able to help us out with this, could you please drop us a line at [email protected] with your phone contact details so that we can set it up. Thanks from BG

Hi all
To Lurpak and Essexandy - We are really sorry to hear that you are having problems with MultiFinish. We genuinely want to find a solution and think that maybe the best way is it to see it for ourselves. So we would like to send a member of our Operations team - who make it, and someone from Technical - who formulate the product, to visit you on site, so they can see the problems you are having for themselves. We hope then a resolution can be found quickly. If you are able to help us out with this, could you please drop us a line at [email protected] with your phone contact details so that we can set it up. Thanks from BG

Send me a pallet of pure finish and i’ll delete the thread

Plasterer to plasterer lurpack
Buy a pallet of pure finish
How many times I’ve said it on here and seems no one at all believes me but I tell you now it’s your answer
Tbh I read these thread comments now and just think I give up trying to tell them all

Domestic guys such as yourself have the choice to use the better plaster it’s a slight increase in material cost but let’s be honest it’s nothing really for quality gear , just try it at least to put me out my misery
Thanks

Plasterer to a failed poster boy, a few months ago it was everyone buy uni it’s the best blah blah blah, turns out it was sh it and no one bought it, and no one stocks it. Let me tell you this vincey if it was the dogs b*ll***s then it would be stocked by all and sundry because stores love big sellers and making money.

Please behave.

Hi all

Or you could send out these heroes who are bg approved to put him right lol

@lurpak
Take them up on the offer, the pics apparently aren’t good enough proof. I had a load of bags flash set last year, emailed them the batch no etc and heard nothing.

You can bet you’re bottom dollar the day they come will be the day it’s perfect gear

@essexandy you wanna do the honours? I’ve got the social skills of a parsnip.
What’s given you the impression Andy’s social skills are any better? :LOL:

Do it, I know it feels like a ball ache but since you’ve started the thread, provided pictures etc might as well see it through... otherwise there’s no point complaining (y)

Hi all

We use nothing but board finish now, every now and then we will use multi ( if client has supplied it) the difference is huge. It handles better, feels a little creamier making it easier to spread. It closes in better on second pass. I've often wondered what the difference between the products is.

Plasterer to a failed poster boy, a few months ago it was everyone buy uni it’s the best blah blah blah, turns out it was sh it and no one bought it, and no one stocks it. Let me tell you this vincey if it was the dogs b*ll***s then it would be stocked by all and sundry because stores love big sellers and making money.

Please behave.
Tbf mate that’s not true , thing is with the likes of multi and board is they have been around for years and stocked
The new ranges may well be harder to get in stock at merchants because they are new
Forget unifinish I’m talking about pure finish you can’t say anything until you try it bro.