Metal edge beading showing.

Members online

Amanda Simpson

Hi all. I've had my hall and bedroom skimmed. Every single edge shows this metal edge. Is this normal?
He charged me £700 for a hall that is 5m long and 2.3m high with 6 doorways in it.
Bedroom is 4.5m x 4m.
I havent paid him yet, should I get him to come back or offer less given I will have to probably do extra work to get it to scratch? I'm very disappointed
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 16275474646387296048238663745123.jpg
    16275474646387296048238663745123.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,130
The point of the beading is to protect the corner and have something to plaster ‘up’ to. If it was covered over in plaster, then knocked by something, it would chip off, very easily. So long as the edge of the bead is level with the rest of the plaster, then there’s nothing wrong with it.

Hi all. I've had my hall and bedroom skimmed. Every single edge shows this metal edge. Is this normal?
He charged me £700 for a hall that is 5m long and 2.3m high with 6 doorways in it.
Bedroom is 4.5m x 4m.
I havent paid him yet, should I get him to come back or offer less given I will have to probably do extra work to get it to scratch? I'm very disappointed
Thanks in advance

I use to run sand paper over my beads to shine them up. Beads are like a picture frame to plaster.

I would pay him in full and quickly.

Bedroom is 4.5m x 4m.
Thanks in advance

How much are you expecting back - and for how much work you're going to have to do?

I'm interested in how you're going to get it "to scratch".

And also, how you feel so disappointed. Let me know how it's going to be improved.

Thanks.

Bedroom is 4.5m x 4m.
Thanks in advance
Ffs

Your disappointed because you don't know what.your talking Bout. Nice clean bead creates a nice finished edge. As you've been told the bead should be as shown in your picture ...pay the man before you embarrass yourself

Thomas Crapper ,,,, inventor of the ballcock ( story ) :LOL:

Bedroom is 4.5m x 4m.
Thanks in advance
Your some kind of cunnt £700 to skim a hall and bedroom is a steel far too cheap and the work looks fine u fuckking bellend

Bedroom is 4.5m x 4m.
Thanks in advance
What you wearing Amanda?

Love these threads , beads are looking good , we even have a valid member on here named after one

I mostly agree with everyone's comments but, to be fair to Amanda, it's difficult to tell for sure from that photograph but it looks like that bead might be a bit proud of the plaster. Not a bad job overall, but might need a smear of filler to bring it level. Am I the only one who can see what looks to be a shadow cast by the bead onto the adjacent plaster? That's why I'm thinking the bead might be slightly proud.

£700 still a very fair price for a hallway and a bedroom, though.

Or “hey why are my knickers in your tool bag” (straight up I’ve had that)

You didn't used to sell insurance, by any chance, did you?

You didn't used to sell insurance, by any chance, did you?

Nah, I ripped out a vanity unit in bathroom and knickers was behind it. I thought they was 30 years old or something and threw them in my tool bag for rags lol
Husband came upstairs then told his Mrs that I had her knickers in my tool bag. She came upstairs and the noise she made you’d think that insurance salesman was doing her there and then!

Feck me ya standard size bathroom £450-500 Hall stairs and landing 7-800 squid fking bargain you should of been paying around £1300 and that's a reasonable price!

Nah, I ripped out a vanity unit in bathroom and knickers was behind it. I thought they was 30 years old or something and threw them in my tool bag for rags lol
Husband came upstairs then told his Mrs that I had her knickers in my tool bag. She came upstairs and the noise she made you’d think that insurance salesman was doing her there and then!
Have you still got the knickers?
Asking for a friend.

Bedroom is 4.5m x 4m.
Thanks in advance
This boils my blood clearly a good job and comes on here being totally clueless and try’s to get a reason not to pay him ,we should start a form on here about people like you who are clearly bad clients