Mesh and skim steel beams

Members online

Just a dose of reality to the thread nearly every architect and builder and build never goes to plan by the mm ,tbh I am a bit shocked at some of the replies to this thread ..

Deal with what is there imo and make the best of it..

No offence everyone

Just a dose of reality to the thread nearly every architect and builder and build never goes to plan by the mm ,tbh I am a bit shocked at some of the replies to this thread ..

Deal with what is there imo and make the best of it..

No offence everyone
Yes go forward with that way of thinking see where it gets you lol

If height is not an issue ie above stairs don't worry about it, most of the extras I used to charge on lofts were usually electrics, nicer doors, skirts and architraves, there isn't much else.

Height not an issue above stairs, no, but this is not the loft; it's the first floor. Loft is actually quite good; there i will get just over 2.3m.

Get an another architect, pay him well to mediate between the 3 parties if you wish to resolve this issue. Personally I wouldn't be too concerned about 20-30mm as long as BC is happy.

Getting yet another formal architect involved at this stage just isn't viable. Luckily, a friend of mine (who happens to be a commercial architect) is helping me out. But it sucks that i have to keep hassling her for advice when my paid architect is useless.
20-30mm wouldn't be an issue if i had 3m ceilings; it's a little different with under 2.30. But i'm inclined to agree with you; issues are cropping up every single day, and life's too short, so this height is sth i'm probably going to have to live with.

Just an FYI: when i told them i had sought the advice of professional plasterers, they were very scornful. Claimed they have 20 years' plastering experience. LMAO.
Thanks a lot, guys, for your help - really appreciate it!

Just an FYI: when i told them i had sought the advice of professional plasterers, they were very scornful. Claimed they have 20 years' plastering experience. LMAO.

lol there are also a lot of builders and architects that loiter on here as well :D Keep us updated :D

Right is right.....therefore everything that isn't right is wrong, trouble is, you will just have to compromise and get the build finished. As you say, life is too short to let this eat you up. All the best.

Are these builders fom europe

Are these builders fom europe

Greek - South African.
Don't get me wrong, they clearly have significant construction experience, and most of their work is actually very good. I've seen one of their past projects and phoned two other past clients (who were both very happy). I think the problem is the boss is used to doing things her way, the way she's been doing them for a long time. She clearly didn't read the spec properly, but she's too proud to admit she got this wrong. She prefers to argue the drawings didn't specify 2.3m finished finish. But spec did say headroom to be 2.3m (so i'd have thought that's pretty clear). And now she's trying to make it right by offering non-standard solutions (like meshing and/or blending). End result is that i'll get about 2.28 i think. Not the end of the world, but not what i wanted.