Mental Health

I think we all suffer with this....

Is it getting worse?

personally I see it a lot more with men the generation below me suffering with it...

What causes it? Are men less manly now than they were back in say the 70s?

Or is it that we talk more about it?

Personally I suffer, but I have people I call that are dear friends that help me through the dark times, the pressures of hustling all day every day can be a struggle..

C2067109-F75F-4857-99AC-C27BBBA7E66C.png
Thought this made a lot of sense

To be honest I don’t understand or relate to mental health issues in the slightest.
I have friends both ex military and civilians who suffer and I just can’t understand.
I’m very mentally robust I run the family business and have 3 other ventures ongoing, I’m constantly organising and managing projects
I have my racing and involvement with building race bikes
I have a family
I love house every 2 years
I work on my current houses to gain more value
I simply switch my mind from 1 job to the next. Once the time allotted for that job is up I switch off to it and back on to the next
It’s organisation, discipline and will power.

To be honest I don’t understand or relate to mental health issues in the slightest.
I have friends both ex military and civilians who suffer and I just can’t understand.
I’m very mentally robust I run the family business and have 3 other ventures ongoing, I’m constantly organising and managing projects
I have a family
I simply switch my mind from 1 job to the next. Once the time allotted for that job is up I switch off to it and back on to the next

They say the strong minded people (entrepreneurs) have the biggest aand hardest falls. Their strong mind a will power that takes them to the top can also bring them crashing back down hard...

I find the subject very interesting...

At the moment for me I am working out of my lounge... which is no good to man nor beast but it s a short term thing

They say the strong minded people (entrepreneurs) have the biggest aand hardest falls. Their strong mind a will power that takes them to the top can also bring them crashing back down hard...

I find the subject very interesting...

At the moment for me I am working out of my lounge... which is no good to man nor beast but it s a short term thing
Do you exercise? I find it’s the best release from work on a daily basis, I’m up and out walking the dog before 6, and im in my home gym now, will be until about 10 then goto bed.
A lot of my mates can’t understand how I do it, I can’t understand how they don’t

This might sound a bit cunty, but when I hear about mental health all the time on the radio and television, I just think “f**k Off’
I have zero sympathy I’m afraid.
People with depression just think about themselves all the time
It’s me me me me me. Poor me. f**k off innit!. No offence!

Dan,

As you know I have bi polar disorder, I suffer with episodes of psychosis and obsessive compulsive disorder (I count how many times I swallow a day to work out as an average what is normal for me)

I understand that some people like tonym are dubious having never suffered but mental health is a very real thing.. the problem is when your thoughts decide to backlash against you it can become almost powerless in the face of it. I tried to kill myself about 4 years ago and knew I had everything to live for...I had a young baby and an awesome wife but I felt so much of a let down I thought I was dragging them down and couldn't bear to ruin their life and to be to blamed for it

I'd say to everyone here never be scared of your mental health...suicide is highest in young, working class men and I don't have proof but I imagine with the hard lad type of men in trades its even higher in them. Don't ever be a statistic if you ever need help message your mum, your doctor, your mate or any other f**k*r who would talk to you for ten minutes

Most men are clinically depressed
Working jobs they hate
In a Sexless marriage
& they know they Can not leave as they lose the house lose the kids & everything else .

They have killed the fighting spirit in most men ...end of ...

Most men are clinically depressed
Working jobs they hate

In a Sexless marriage
& they know they Can not leave as they lose the house lose the kids & everything else .

They have killed the fighting spirit in most men ...end of ...
You're a fool, your so embarrassing I feel embarrassed to be embarrassed on your behalf

Dan,

As you know I have bi polar disorder, I suffer with episodes of psychosis and obsessive compulsive disorder (I count how many times I swallow a day to work out as an average what is normal for me)

I understand that some people like tonym are dubious having never suffered but mental health is a very real thing.. the problem is when your thoughts decide to backlash against you it can become almost powerless in the face of it. I tried to kill myself about 4 years ago and knew I had everything to live for...I had a young baby and an awesome wife but I felt so much of a let down I thought I was dragging them down and couldn't bear to ruin their life and to be to blamed for it

I'd say to everyone here never be scared of your mental health...suicide is highest in young, working class men and I don't have proof but I imagine with the hard lad type of men in trades its even higher in them. Don't ever be a statistic if you ever need help message your mum, your doctor, your mate or any other f**k*r who would talk to you for ten minutes
I would never ever deny that mental illnesses exist, I just can’t relate myself as Iv never had any of it
Sad to hear your story though and wish you all the best

I would never ever deny that mental illnesses exist, I just can’t relate myself as Iv never had any of it
Sad to hear your story though and wish you all the best
I knew mate you weren't denying it...my life is good now, I've two kids and the tools to tackle it...I feel for the lads that don't have them tools as there will be so many more than we think

I dont think it helps celebrities have all jumped on the mental health card,to get a few extra minutes of fame and turned it into a bandwagon,where genuine people with legit cases get over looked

When ever any hardship comes or any problem I just say f**k it what can you do it’s happened can’t change it, same with people bringing me problems I instantly put a wall up an f**k em off,
Everyone says I’m hard as a stone I just can’t dwell on negative s**t,
f**k em I say!

Smoked a spliff for the first time in 20 years not long ago I got the Horror’s, paranoia, started Doubting myself and wondering how the f**k I managed this life, Was okay in the morning thank f**k,
that stuff must Cause damage to people long term

Tyson fury has been great for this mate I’ve watched his videos a lot , overall I try daily to stay on a positive but we have to work on this I recon too ,exercise is up there definitely also good food and don’t skip meals also watch the alcohol or drugs in take if feeling down as definitely can make us feel worse , last I think it’s good to talk I talk a lot to everyone when I’m out and about even just saying hello to folks walking down the street etc

Do you exercise? I find it’s the best release from work on a daily basis, I’m up and out walking the dog before 6, and im in my home gym now, will be until about 10 then goto bed.
A lot of my mates can’t understand how I do it, I can’t understand how they don’t
I am ok.... honestly this is just a subject that interests me because I am seeing it more and more with others...

I have dark days but also unlike most i dont leave to go to work. I work from home which I think is the biggest problem... no escape...

I cycle and I walk a lot... I dont go to a gym but I yes I exercise maybe could do with a bit more...

This might sound a bit cunty, but when I hear about mental health all the time on the radio and television, I just think “f**k Off’
I have zero sympathy I’m afraid.
People with depression just think about themselves all the time
It’s me me me me me. Poor me. f**k off innit!. No offence!

no offence taken... :D

its a subject that interests me....

to be fair a lot of the time I agree with all you are saying but there is a problem with it and i am curious as to what causes it and if it is a generation thing or is it social media or something else.

to be fair a lot of the time I agree with all you are saying but there is a problem with it and i am curious as to what causes it and if it is a generation thing or is it social media or something else.
Back in the day the pub was a place you could go have a chat with your mates ,have a couple of pints a good laugh was better than any tablet they force on ya ! Theyve ruined pubs now its all about food !! Game of pool and a couple pints was great !!

I’ve heard the phrase “toxic masculinity” recently.

Yes it’s another trending term but it’s really true. What the f**k is “manly” anyway? Society saying you must be strong, you must be tough, you must not show any emotion, be in control, blah blah. Sounds f**k**g exhausting!

People are just people. No one has all their s**t together and knows exactly what they’re doing. Everyone has stuff to worry about and decisions to make.

I have a family
I have a bit of a shake ye had attitude and get on with it approach to life . Some people are just wet fannies

I also think it's promoted to be a wet fanny more as well these day . Plus you can get good money of dole for being a wet fanny

Back in the day the pub was a place you could go have a chat with your mates ,have a couple of pints a good laugh was better than any tablet they force on ya ! Theyve ruined pubs now its all about food !! Game of pool and a couple pints was great !!

you know what I think that may be a big factor in it. I was in the pub last night... there are no young people there though... I was teh youngest in there by about 20 years or more...

You’ve got pansy f**k**g teenagers , depressed because they are reliant on social media for likes and such. Fair enough, if you were f**k*d by your scout leader or favourite uncle, you’ve got reason to be miserable, but I’m pretty sure if that had happened to me, I would’ve slit the c**t’s throat when I was old enough.

you know what I think that may be a big factor in it. I was in the pub last night... there are no young people there though... I was teh youngest in there by about 20 years or more...
Was it Darby and Joan night?

You’ve got pansy f**k**g teenagers , depressed because they are reliant on social media for likes and such. Fair enough, if you were f**k*d by your scout leader or favourite uncle, you’ve got reason to be miserable, but I’m pretty sure if that had happened to me, I would’ve slit the c**t’s throat when I was old enough.
Don't confuse depression with being miserable, two very different things.