Material price increases

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
One leading manufacturer has had massive prices increases 25% plus...check the price of SBR, PVA, Silicone etc in the coming weeks we are all in for a shock!

Apparently shortage of raw materials and shipping costs.

Can anyone work out why customers have it so ingrained in their heads that all tradesman cost £200 a day? Drives me nuts explaining to them that was the prices 8 years ago.

One leading manufacturer has had massive prices increases 25% plus...check the price of SBR, PVA, Silicone etc in the coming weeks we are all in for a shock!

Can anyone work out why customers have it so ingrained in their heads that all tradesman cost £200 a day? Drives me nuts explaining to them that was the prices 8 years ago.
EPS is having a 20% increase this year from my supplier

Tradesperson cost and materials are two different things mate and never the twain should meet.

Good news about us lot mate we can change to carry on , apparently metals are top of the short supply lists a lot have and are running out of beads and stud work but we could swap to plastic even on internal skimming beads or even start using no beads if you have skills
Also contemplating today if there was a shortage on the mono supply, hey we could go back to mix our own gear suppose
It’s a shame that skim got sorted last year because we could all be finishing internals by now as a standard sponge finish across the Uk lol

Meme Dis Gonna B Gud GIF

Good news about us lot mate we can change to carry on , apparently metals are top of the short supply lists a lot have and are running out of beads and stud work but we could swap to plastic even on internal skimming beads or even start using no beads if you have skills
Also contemplating today if there was a shortage on the mono supply, hey we could go back to mix our own gear suppose
It’s a shame that skim got sorted last year because we could all be finishing internals by now as a standard sponge finish across the Uk lol

Meme Dis Gonna B Gud GIF
Anyone for plastic staples?

Done a job today , customer said he would supply materials ( obv thougj I was having his pants down on the price including materials )

(I was had half the multi already and beads or glue lol lol )

Customer came back from jewsons gob smacked and said 5 litres of pva cost him £32 looooool

Done a job today , customer said he would supply materials ( obv thougj I was having his pants down on the price including materials )

(I was had half the multi already and beads or glue lol lol )

Customer came back from jewsons gob smacked and said 5 litres of pva cost him £32 looooool

As we all know, Jewsons have been pulling customers' pants down for decades!

Sack of c***s, the lot of them!

I can remember when there was no such thing as multifinish, bet Andy can as well. I looked it up, apparently it came out in the early 1990's.
If customer said he would get materials id tell him to f**k off!
I tell them that they will have to take the risk if it is wrong or not enough and causes delay, and disposal. No, I can't take any excess at a knockdown price or even free, for the next job. Then add my margin onto the labour price anyway.

I can remember when there was no such thing as multifinish, bet Andy can as well. I looked it up, apparently it came out in the early 1990's.

I tell them that they will have to take the risk if it is wrong or not enough and causes delay, and disposal. No, I can't take any excess at a knockdown price or even free, for the next job. Then add my margin onto the labour price anyway.
Yip, it was board finish and carlite finish both grey.