masks on site

Wrong disability you have discriminated end of
your welcome

Utter nonsense, the disability is irrelevant. Anything which prevents you from wearing a mask means you cannot work safely on a building site as you're not able to wear appropriate PPE.

I can prove it if you like?

I'll give you the address, you turn up and claim an exemption. I'll tell you to fcuk off, and you can then ring the Police and a solicitor.

Genuine offer, any day you like.

If someone has a medical exemption from wearing a mask then they wouldn't be allowed on site anyway. The law is very clear, you have to wear/use PPE appropriate to the task and area. If you can't for whatever reason you aren't allowed in that area. You shouldn't be sweeping up on unsealed concrete without a mask for example.

Trying to use the discrimination routine is just bollox.
Unless you can't wear a hardhat because you've got a turban on I assume?

Unless you can't wear a hardhat because you've got a turban on I assume?
Yeah, they have a specific exemption from hard hats and helmets. I think they still have to wear them in the military and emergency services.

Thinking about it I haven't seen a Sikh bloke on site for donkey's years. There used to be quite a few, I suppose the youngsters don't fancy it?

Just put the masks on anyway ffs , it’s not like we are all gonna go trotting through London to demonstrate against our human rights to not wear a mask on a building site is it

or would you rather be on the flipping dole tossing it off thinking of how life could of been

Just put the masks on anyway ffs , it’s not like we are all gonna go trotting through London to demonstrate against our human rights to not wear a mask on a building site is it

or would you rather be on the flipping dole tossing it off thinking of how life could of been
Just is just another just. It’s always just something small that just seems like a little just until you realise you’ve just given all your freedoms away in just lots of little bits.

Can't believe people don't get as involved with the mosqes popping up all over the country and the ethnic infection that's been going on for year's! Turn a blind eye to that and they will be a lot more deaths than covid

Utter nonsense, the disability is irrelevant. Anything which prevents you from wearing a mask means you cannot work safely on a building site as you're not able to wear appropriate PPE.

I'll give you the address, you turn up and claim an exemption. I'll tell you to fcuk off, and you can then ring the Police and a solicitor.

Wrong Again
But this is what happens in the workplace with people with disabilities dealing with
Racist morons !
You also would be in court for hate crime
Fact!

your welcome

Yeah, they have a specific exemption from hard hats and helmets. I think they still have to wear them in the military and emergency services.

Thinking about it I haven't seen a Sikh bloke on site for donkey's years. There used to be quite a few, I suppose the youngsters don't fancy it?
Exactly same as the exemption for the Sikh
Who is asthmatic
Exempt from mask

Your welcome

Another one who judges someone
With. Disability To be discriminated
Hate crime @ it’s finest

Your welcome

Wrong Again
But this is what happens in the workplace with people with disabilities dealing with
Racist morons !
You also would be in court for hate crime
Fact!

your welcome
Take up the offer then.

If you're right you'll get a nice bit of compo. If you're wrong people in the real world will p1ss themselves laughing at you like everyone on the forum.

does that go for labour that doesnt speak or read english?
not a pop genuine question as i dont think non english speaking should be on sites but they are

does that go for labour that doesnt speak or read english?
not a pop genuine question as i dont think non english speaking should be on sites but they are
IIRCC there was a case a few years back where a bloke got hurt when he fell of a short scaffold tower as he hadn't clipped on the side rails. The company said that he'd been told how to use it safely but had ignored it, the defence said that was bollox as he couldn't speak English and was relying on his mates to translate and tell him what had been said.

The sub-contractor that employed him got a fine, the main contractor got a fine, both because they hadn't checked that he'd understood and employed someone who couldn't work safely unless they had supervision who could translate but they didn't. The bloke didn't get any compo because he had broken the regs and was endangering others.

Most of it is common sense really. If you can't speak the language then you should only be there if someone can translate and even then it's much more risky. If he'd caused an injury to someone else for example they could sue everyone involved.

Top tip:. If you bite your finger nail so that it leaves a jagged point , when you finger your own bum it will feel like a gerbil nibbling the inside of your anus.:coffe:

You will come
If you sit on your hand for a while then it feels like someone else is wanking you off.

In the navy they sit on their dick. Feels like wanking someone else off.

@Dollar AND @Casper engage in this practice

Virus particles are far smaller than air particles. Plus unless you’re wearing a respirator where do you think the air you breath out goes.
Virus particles are NOT smaller than air particles, you nincompoop.

Plus, the virus isn't airborne. It rides around in snot and suchlike. Respiratory fluids, I think the right name is and a mask does prevent them from going anywhere (mostly)

Fucks sake, how many times do dullards have to be told basic things?

Plus, the virus isn't airborne. It rides around in snot and suchlike. Respiratory fluids, I think the right name is and a mask does prevent them from going anywhere (mostly)

Dullard haha harsh words from the grey skinned loner.
So when you stand outside on a cold day with your super duper mask on and you can see the clouds of vapour. You’re saying the mask is stopping the virus on all the vapour that escapes?

You'll have to make a video and put it on you tube otherwise its not true.

IIRCC there was a case a few years back where a bloke got hurt when he fell of a short scaffold tower as he hadn't clipped on the side rails. The company said that he'd been told how to use it safely but had ignored it, the defence said that was bollox as he couldn't speak English and was relying on his mates to translate and tell him what had been said.

The sub-contractor that employed him got a fine, the main contractor got a fine, both because they hadn't checked that he'd understood and employed someone who couldn't work safely unless they had supervision who could translate but they didn't. The bloke didn't get any compo because he had broken the regs and was endangering others.

Most of it is common sense really. If you can't speak the language then you should only be there if someone can translate and even then it's much more risky. If he'd caused an injury to someone else for example they could sue everyone involved.
i agree.. i personally dont like it when lads on site and cant speak.. think contractors think its discrimination. but who gunna pay 2 men for 1 mans job just so can translate.. . big old risk

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

If you're right you'll get a nice bit of compo. If you're wrong people in the real world will p1ss themselves laughing at you like everyone on the forum.
Good luck with that venture !
government has the exemption on their site
Nice & legal so people can go anywhere anytime
Anyplace with no nappie

your welcome

i agree.. i personally dont like it when lads on site and cant speak.. think contractors think its discrimination. but who gunna pay 2 men for 1 mans job just so can translate.. . big old risk

There is discrimination in society and workplaces obviously, but a lot of people seem to want to ignore the fact that we're not all equal and everyone can't do everything they want. Sticking with the disability thing, on the one hand you can't refuse someone a job because they have a disability which is right and proper. On the other hand you can't give a blind person a job driving a digger.

you are very wrong, and have clearly not read the legislation on masks.

and if you genuinely believe that by not wearing a mask it is endangering lives then you are very misguided.

why has the 2nd wave been worse than the 1st and the 1st had no mask ? And additionally why is it only the masked that test positive for Covid ?
I have no idea what you are blathering on about. I've stated the law and my personal approach and decision. I refer you to Imageo's posts, this is the law not a discussions/ optional item. Like Imageo I used to have to enforce HSE on sites, and did.

Most masks are intended to reduce the velocity and size of droplets and thereby the area/air volume of potentially infectious air around the person, nothing more. They reduce risk to others, they do not protect or reduce the risk to the wearer.
Over time working in a fairly contained and restricted volume of air, then eventually the air volume in the room becomes compromised, even with a mask. Possibly, just possibly a mask might reduce the size of droplets in the room, nowt else.
Besides the usual masks I have the full-on medical sealed mask same as the hospitals, which I can happily use all day long including very physical work. I could work on one of Imageos sites but I choose not to.
It's a bit more than endangering lives, death is the least of the problems.

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.
I saw that but there are other sites with the same information but no mention of it being a pre print. Maybe been evaluated now.

Anyplace with no nappie

your welcome
So which day are you popping over then?

I have no idea what you are blathering on about. I've stated the law and my personal approach and decision. I refer you to Imageo's posts, this is the law not a discussions/ optional item. Like Imageo I used to have to enforce HSE on sites, and did.
That's the bit that people seem to miss or get confused about. You can argue all day long about how effective a mask is or isn't. You can't argue that it's a legal requirement which can (and must if you're responsible) be enforced.

A hard hat won't help much if someone drops a concrete block off of a scaffold onto your head. Yet if you're caught without one you're off site. A high vis doesn't help if you're standing behind a digger where you can't be seen, but again if you don't wear it you're off site.

Anyplace with no nappie

your welcome
Maybe they can but only the selfish do (officially exempt excepted)

I used to make speaking and understanding english a condition in my contracts, on safety grounds. Went offshore once and found the entire mexican canteen staff couldn't speak english and had'nt been ashore for 9 months. (Main contractor Dodging customs & immigration.) - All got flown back to Mexico PDQ. Hired in UK national/passpost holders. Cost more but they could do the safety fire drills etc.

Dullard haha harsh words from the grey skinned loner.
So when you stand outside on a cold day with your super duper mask on and you can see the clouds of vapour. You’re saying the mask is stopping the virus on all the vapour that escapes?
You are a dullard. Of course a virus cant be smaller than atoms .... it's made of atoms ffs.

A quick Google tells me that a virus is around 5x10^3 larger...5000 times, is quite a bit, no? It would have told you too if you'd bothered to look before you went on the internet spouting b*ll***s.

And of course vapour can escape the mask. You exhale around 0.4L a day. If it caught all the vapour it would be unusable pronto.

Nobody has ever said it was perfect. It's there to mitigate risk, not eliminate it. That's why you still have to wash your hands and distance yourself from others....this really isn't rocket science.
You'll have to make a video and put it on you tube otherwise its not true.
They have. Seems @Rossi46 thinks you were taking the piss out of me....

The forum isn't letting me paste. I'll try a fresh message

Ho hum.

You are a dullard. Of course a virus cant be smaller than atoms .... it's made of atoms ffs.

A quick Google tells me that a virus is around 5x10^3 larger...5000 times, is quite a bit, no? It would have told you too if you'd bothered to look before you went on the internet spouting b*ll***s.

And of course vapour can escape the mask. You exhale around 0.4L a day. If it caught all the vapour it would be unusable pronto.

Nobody has ever said it was perfect. It's there to mitigate risk, not eliminate it. That's why you still have to wash your hands and distance yourself from others....this really isn't rocket science.

They have. Seems @Rossi46 thinks you were taking the piss out of me....

The forum isn't letting me paste. I'll try a fresh message

Ho hum.
I love you @Stevieo. Can you send me a picture of your biceps?

I used to make speaking and understanding english a condition in my contracts, on safety grounds. Went offshore once and found the entire mexican canteen staff couldn't speak english and had'nt been ashore for 9 months. (Main contractor Dodging customs & immigration.) - All got flown back to Mexico PDQ. Hired in UK national/passpost holders. Cost more but they could do the safety fire drills etc.

I always find it funny how quick attitudes change when people have to take on the responsibility and liability for a site or work. Even on the small sites/jobs I do now I've said on a couple of occasions "Sure, you can do/not do that. All you have to do is put in writing that you have insurance cover and accept full liability." That's usually followed by lots of random waffle which has fcuk all to do with the issue at hand. A bit like the forum really :)

Reminds me of the chinese fire drill...British military euphemism for chaos. Comes from using British officers and chinese crew.

The origin of that last term isn’t well documented, but supposedly originates from an actual fire drill on an early 20th century British ship. The story goes that the ship’s British officers had their largely Chinese crew practicing the procedure for putting out an engine room fire. One bucket brigade drew water from the starboard side of the ship, brought it to the engine room and dumped it. A separate bucket brigade scooped up the dumped water and got rid of it by tossing it over the port side of the ship. At some point during the drill, the crews got their instructions confused, and began drawing water from one side of the boat and simply dumping it over the other, without ever getting to the engine room.