Magnetic plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gear is like multi finish but black and a little bit creamier.it has to be put on thick and defiantly laid in with another bag when first one starts to set.the setting times were great for getting a smooth finish (3hrs from first mixed up to last cross trowel).maximum area I do with it is 5 boards.1 and abit of a bag first coat rest of the bag second coat.tools and your buckets have to be clean.all of the walls have been painted now and look just like normal walls.the picture that plasterers forum has on the site is the wall in kitchen area.when I first used it I thought who is going to use it but now I see the place coming together I think in time a lot of people will have a wall done in a kitchen ,bedroom or any in there houses.i have a couple of bags to do a wall at my house where my office is .and like I said the other day there defo money for plasterers to make with magnetic.and my name is Pete the plaster anplaster an

@theplasterman
Nice one Pete.
What happened to the uni-finish you trialed for BG in that 265 year old cottage? Is it still on the walls? (As it's known for shelling off), Or was it the new uni-finish aka Uni-finish 2? :RpS_unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nisus.you been on my twitter I take it.it was fine I went back after a week to see all was ok.when it was painted had another look and it was fine.got to say I am a fan of it finished an hour earlier that day.265 years old and no problems.goes over that ,it's ok with most rooms.

Nisus.you been on my twitter I take it.it was fine I went back after a week to see all was ok.when it was painted had another look and it was fine.got to say I am a fan of it finished an hour earlier that day.265 years old and no problems.goes over that ,it's ok with most rooms.

:RpS_biggrin: yes us moderators have to be thorough in our members background checks :RpS_thumbsup:

Was that the new uni-finish or the old uni-finish you used?

british gypsum , what are you thinking ? whoever is in charge of ideas there get rid of them , and if theres someone second in command there sack them also , what the f k are u thinking ???????? . I understand that you cant keep putting out the same old stuff and theres margins and profits and stuff to think about at the next AGM , but really think and think some more ..................

Last edited:

bloke i know in the builders merchants, party pete, said it was going out for around thirty a bag .... :RpS_unsure:

you may well be right, topstrop. he looked a bit out of it when he was telling me. i'd be surprised if he's still there in mid april.

i think it's a good idea. can see loads of people wanting it for kids bedromm, studies, kitchens, etc. might start advertising it. would it work in a garage, like sticking spanners on it, gardening tools, etc. or a bike ... ?

you may well be right, topstrop. he looked a bit out of it when he was telling me. i'd be surprised if he's still there in mid april.

i think it's a good idea. can see loads of people wanting it for kids bedromm, studies, kitchens, etc. might start advertising it. would it work in a garage, like sticking spanners on it, gardening tools, etc. or a bike ... ?
As long as the spanners,garden tools and bike are magnetic ...:-0

Just been to the opening of the SG Weber Technical Academy, they had the Magnetic Plaster on display. Looks very good, normal kitchen magnets etc will stick to it, not spanners etc.

Will go really well in kitchens / offices and kids playrooms.

Think there will be a big market for it

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

why's it dark grey in that vid .... has it got loads of iron filings in it? it must be heavy. so you could't put it on a ceiling .... :RpS_confused: it looks good, though, i'm going to start pushing it on customers.

why's it dark grey in that vid .... has it got loads of iron filings in it? it must be heavy. so you could't put it on a ceiling .... :RpS_confused: it looks good, though, i'm going to start pushing it on customers.
you want to make sure you can get it first i cant see it being easy to get hold of.

aye. i think you're right, jesssop. i wonder if it's been tested on animals etc. i mean it's full of iron filings, i'm guessing, so there could be some possible side effects. brain tumours, etc. what would happen if a dog started eating it etc. it would have to have warnings on the bag. i mean what would happen if this fella bought some:

what's BGs handle on here? need to know when this is out, stockists etc. got my first order today. doing a health centre and mentioned it to the head honcho and he wants it for the next stage of refurb in may. the wall behind the receptionists desk for starters, probably more when the other staff hear about it. the novelty value of this is going to be a real money spinner. just hope it doesn't go tits up and start falling off the walls .....

Just out of curiosity isn't there a magnetic paint already available, cause im fairly sure I saw something like this a while ago on a grand designs/diy sos type programme. Maybe completely wrong of course but if there is a paint available which achieves the same effect kind of makes the plaster redundant.

Jurek, I have already mentioned this . It is mid April Major merchants will stock it. I have been quoted £55 retail at the moment. I will get an update if I can next week. Been trying to see if I can get my hands on a pallet or two before then

magnet plaster and magnet paint for a super magnet wall. lets just hope they're not opposite pole magnets other wise you could end up with paint everywhere:RpS_lol:

Jurek, I have already mentioned this . It is mid April Major merchants will stock it. I have been quoted £55 retail at the moment. I will get an update if I can next week. Been trying to see if I can get my hands on a pallet or two before then
I was told end of this month

Magnetic paint
Would this create a similar effect?.
From what I've read you need three coats of the paint which covers a certain amount then you need to paint the colour you want over the top. Then when you redecorate the magnetic paint gets weaker, don't know if the plaster will be the same. Also if it's a new build you will need to skim anyway

sorry ..... :RpS_blushing:
@BritishGypsum when is the magnetic plaster on the shelves? what is the RRP? and who stocks it in the Merseyside / Wirral area?

Thanks

Would be interesting , look forward to give it a go ! Maybe I put in magnets in casting plaster so cornice can stick up lol

I suppose it could be handy to stick christmas decorations up to coving with magnets. Did you think of that Ryan. There could be a gap in the market for you there mate if you cast your fibrous stuff with this magnetic plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.