Magnetic plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @flynnyman, that's good to hear - it will available to purchase from Thistle Plaster Stockists from March 31st (there will be a lead time depending on where you are in the country).

And @jesssop, prices will be dependent on your local merchant so please contact them for more details - thanks for your questions.
Nice one for getting back @BritishGypsum but as usual there seems to be no communication between you lot and your suppliers. I've spoke to my local mkm builders yard who haven't heard of it and won't be stocking till they have gauged the market after your last performance with the uni finish which quite rightly they never stocked. Spoke to two different Travis who again never heard of it but the last guy told me to ring Ccf which I have who have also never heard of it, it is also not in your 2014 catalogue but fair enough you said it's not available till end of March, I then spoke to jewsons who had also not heard of it. I'm not saying the product won't work coz I can't get my hands on it yet but someone down your end needs a good kick up the arse and your promotional and marketing team need launching coz they are not doing a very good job and on that note I'm just off to B&Q for some magnetic paint :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well quick update Ccf have just got back to me there is a new plaster coming out they don't know the price or the name but know it's coming lol so I will be keeping them updated as we speak :)

You expect some sales person in travis to know when a product is coming...lol it would be like asking a shelfer at tesco when the new andrex bog roll is going to come out....lol

You cant give prices because each supplier deals with that and if BG say its going to be £2.50 a bag and travis or B&Q want to sell it for £20... then that does not help....

Who has been testing it tho?
Who tested uni finish?

Anyone had any free to trial?or do we just wait till it crashes and burns like uni finish:RpS_unsure:
or is arti gonna have to make another vid:RpS_scared:

its not been launched yet.... you only know about it because of the marketing.... I have done product launches myself and I will start promoting a product 3 months before launch because it causes a stir... and a bit of a frenzy....

The restoration man used the product..... there are a r&d department at BG...

Look at the app.... it worked, we launched it then you find bugs... and issues that did not come to light until a number of people downloaded it...

You expect some sales person in travis to know when a product is coming...lol it would be like asking a shelfer at tesco when the new andrex bog roll is going to come out....lol

You cant give prices because each supplier deals with that and if BG say its going to be £2.50 a bag and travis or B&Q want to sell it for £20... then that does not help....
your right I do expect a salesperson in Travis to know about it especially when I can hear him asking the whole office who haven't got a clue what I'm talkin about, I know Travis make up their own prices but after BG say speak to the builders yard to ask the prices I would expect them to have heard of the product. We know it's out in march so why don't their suppliers? It's been used on a program on tv and they have it on their website so it's not a secret. It must be a secret coz Ccf are aware a new plaster is coming out but the name hasn't been given, the worst kept secret goin lol

its not been launched yet.... you only know about it because of the marketing.... I have done product launches myself and I will start promoting a product 3 months before launch because it causes a stir... and a bit of a frenzy....

The restoration man used the product..... there are a r&d department at BG...

Look at the app.... it worked, we launched it then you find bugs... and issues that did not come to light until a number of people downloaded it...
It's out in just over a month what marketing? they have only come on coz the question Was asked, if this isn't the place to market a new plaster I give up.

lol trust me I want nothing more than to have this plaster in my new office so I am just as impatient :)

I was talking to them today about things for the future and how we can implement but that takes time to go through the wheels :) After the day out I think it will be a lot easier and you will see a lot more interaction but it takes time and it will evolve over time its all a bit new to every company doing things like this but it will work effectively once it starts moving :D Well thats the plan :)

lol trust me I want nothing more than to have this plaster in my new office so I am just as impatient :)

I was talking to them today about things for the future and how we can implement but that takes time to go through the wheels :) After the day out I think it will be a lot easier and you will see a lot more interaction but it takes time and it will evolve over time its all a bit new to every company doing things like this but it will work effectively once it starts moving :D Well thats the plan :)

Here you go Dan get down to B&Q for some of this :RpS_thumbup:

http://youtu.be/M6XdVbEAMGk

Who has been testing it tho?
Who tested uni finish?

Anyone had any free to trial?or do we just wait till it crashes and burns like uni finish:RpS_unsure:
or is arti gonna have to make another vid:RpS_scared:

When they came on site to see me last year they asked if I would test new plasters for them, unifinish being one of them. Never heard a thing since.

i think this is a pr stunt bg dont give a shite about this stuff when there is paint that can do the job with less cost skill and hassle

i think this is a pr stunt bg dont give a shite about this stuff when there is paint that can do the job with less cost skill and hassle
I have given this some thought and I think the paint will only come in a certain amount of colours and if you change colour with the plaster it won't matter you can keep changing. I wonder if it still works with wallpaper on the wall? Also you can use every type of paint over the plaster and different qualities but then again will the paint work just as a primer hmmmmmmm so many questions.

I have given this some thought and I think the paint will only come in a certain amount of colours and if you change colour with the plaster it won't matter you can keep changing. I wonder if it still works with wallpaper on the wall? Also you can use every type of paint over the plaster and different qualities but then again will the paint work just as a primer hmmmmmmm so many questions.

depends on the strength of magnets? dunno....

Emergency meetings have been going on into the wee hours and all will be revealed at the BG day out :) wish I had booked now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.