Lowered/suspended/bulkhead celing

Members online

Tinytom

Have any of you fine chaps ever lowered a celing to fit recessed led lighting round the edge? Sort of a bulkhead look not 100% sure what you’d call it.
I’m starting my lounge next weekend and I’m considering this, iv gotta chop out in places to fit some downlights anyway so I’m considering banging some 3x2 framework up and lowering the main bulk of the celing and leaving around a 500 gap to the edges with some recessed strip lights.
I’m happy on doing the job just not sure how it’s going to look if anyone has any pics of jobs they’d done it’d be great to see and help me make my mind up
Cheers

fa2e39b9d6d549fec21da42b8ace7e63.jpg
a6df93f83957ae6e949c19ddfebf6ab4.jpg

Did them week before last, or do you mean like a full ceiling canopy so it’s a shadow light right round the perimeter?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a full celing canopy, that looks good but would look out of place in my pad too much going on my rooms not big enough. Nice job you’ve done though

Yeah a full celing canopy, that looks good but would look out of place in my pad too much going on my rooms not big enough. Nice job you’ve done though

Did a track lighting job a couple of month ago, that looks well. Swine to fit, I posted it on here. Will see if I’ve still got the pics. Ceiling has to be bang on level though.

Looks great that stuff, not sure if you can fit it into existing celing though, do you have to board upto it?

Looks great that stuff, not sure if you can fit it into existing celing though, do you have to board upto it?

Tile batten and board, used window packers, them reverse thread screws, foam anything and everything to get it level. Looks well now the rooms decorated.

If your after doing the full ceiling canopy skim the room out if it needs it, then use mf to lower they ceiling keeping the track 150mm back from the perimeter and board leaving a 20mm gap off the wall. Then go round and mark up how wide you want your shadow to be 100mm? Cut it all off and use J beads around it. Skim jobs a good’un