Lower Back ache

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Is it just me or does everyone have a lower back problem, right at the base of the spine where it meets the pelvis, seriously some mornings feels like I can't get out of bed , I've tried the back clicking place which was good tbh but in the end it was still the same , changed my trowel techniques as well to try and improve the situation but started to think it's probably just part and parcel of what we do .

Is it just me or does everyone have a lower back problem, right at the base of the spine where it meets the pelvis, seriously some mornings feels like I can't get out of bed , I've tried the back clicking place which was good tbh but in the end it was still the same , changed my trowel techniques as well to try and improve the situation but started to think it's probably just part and parcel of what we do .

Stop carrying lodan and you will be fine

Age and years of abuse mate. Something always gives in the end. Shoulder, elbow, back, neck.

Vincent. You have week core and back muscles. Get to a gym find a strength coach and get under a barbell and start squatting. Google Mark Ripatoe starting strength. You are welcome.

Reactions: Adz
Age and years of abuse mate. Something always gives in the end. Shoulder, elbow, back, neck.

My shoulder is knackered, years of spreading coupled with an old weight lifting injury, I can't throw a ball without wincing in absolute pain, luckily it's not as yet affected my table tennis career

See a chiropractor or someone.
My lower back was hurting because my pecs were tight and pulling me ever so slightly forward (without noticing) which in turn put pressure on my lower back.

Aswell as core, It can be to do with having a weak arse muscle and or hip flexor on that side also! Youtube some excercises. Worked for me.

Had it yrs at @Vincey!!!

But everyone's back situation is different...

Only thing that has ever helped mine is warm baths and necking vodka with paracetamol & ibuprofen!

Not good i grant yer but sometimes you just want relief!

Also stress is a bug factor makes you hold your body tense which just makes it worse again!

Turmeric is a natural anti inflammatory then like the others say build up core and google hip mobility and do shoulders while ur at it

Does anyone get down the gym or keep fit outside of work? I used to train often gym, running and boxing since my late 20's my energy disappears more and more each year

Didnt use to but had a health scare a few years ago, now i do weights and got into boxing after taking my son there, now im in my 40s and best shape of my life

Take your wallet out your pocket, if the rumours are to be believed :coffe:

Could be sciatica. Tight hamstrings. Stretching exercises in the morning will help along with good technique and posture. We all get lazy and do stuff incorrectly ie lifting etc. We are our worst enemies

Does anyone get down the gym or keep fit outside of work? I used to train often gym, running and boxing since my late 20's my energy disappears more and more each year
Used go to gym, that's died a good while ago, bar brief stint to try and trim some fat off for wedding earlier this year, all back on again since lol, goto boxing very occasionally once a week if lucky maybe only once a fortnight at times. Just can't get motivated once I get in just wana chill. Need get my arse in gear

Below my lat at left side is where back gets tight. I assume the left side is tight as I'm left handed. It's bearable mostly though. Had a touch of sciatica usually affects right side for years, but thank f**k it seems to have more or less sorted me out. Odd twinge now n again just nothing more.

Stretching mate, that's they key, also work the opposite muscle group to that which hurts.
But seriously, stretching like sunscreen, never wasted.
Also, a good excersise to try is to come down the stairs on all fours, like a bear!
Try it.

Never stretch cold muscles as this can cause damage . If you must do something try warming the body and joints up with some light jogging on the spot ,a few press ups and body weight squats the get the muscles firing and the synovial fluid (joints) flowing before you start your days work.

Never stretch cold muscles as this can cause damage . If you must do something try warming the body and joints up with some light jogging on the spot ,a few press ups and body weight squats the get the muscles firing and the synovial fluid (joints) flowing before you start your days work.

Liked [emoji106]

Same here . Struggle in afternoon but at 41 with a one year old doesn't help . Got a gym in garden n go out on mtb as often as I can . Diet let's me down though . I don't eat s**t i just lime food n cooking . The exercise is more more my piece of mind

Turmeric is a natural anti inflammatory then like the others say build up core and google hip mobility and do shoulders while ur at it
Heard lots of good things bout turmeric . Wife does a I****n shepherds pie with it in . Fantastic

Get a foam roller. One with the spikes on. Plenty of vids on you tube for exercises. Just don't put it directly under your lower back. Or just man up your fag @wincey

My currant training week is Monday /circuit training . Tuesday /strength training. Wednesday/rest .Thursday /strength training . Friday/circuit training . Saturday /rest . Sunday/ 10k run. All sessions are for 1hr and the run 40 -45 mins . IT's hard to do at times but my health is very important to me and i have to push myself but the pay back is great and it gives me energy and helps with the on set of old age and my ability to function in the physically demanding job that is plastering. I am 47 by the way.