Looking for advice

Hi everyone.

Just looking for some advice. I'm looking to do some DIY in my kitchen. It's an old 1920s house that I'm guessing has been patched up over the years. I've just taken off the wallpaper and it's a lot worse than I thought. Mould and cracking at various layers. I've attached pics

I would love to pay someone professional to do it, but I've just forked out on a new boiler conversion and an unplanned remap of my whole house's electrics.

What would you suggest I do? Could I get away knocking off what I can and doing a bonding undercoat, followed by a multisurface skim? Or would I need sand/cement.

Cheers guys

Attachments

• 20201030_143636.jpg
    20201030_143636.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 247
  • 20201030_143629.jpg
    20201030_143629.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 219
  • 20201030_143620.jpg
    20201030_143620.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
  • 20201030_143617.jpg
    20201030_143617.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 207
Hi everyone.

Just looking for some advice. I'm looking to do some DIY in my kitchen. It's an old 1920s house that I'm guessing has been patched up over the years. I've just taken off the wallpaper and it's a lot worse than I thought. Mould and cracking at various layers. I've attached pics

I would love to pay someone professional to do it, but I've just forked out on a new boiler conversion and an unplanned remap of my whole house's electrics.

What would you suggest I do? Could I get away knocking off what I can and doing a bonding undercoat, followed by a multisurface skim? Or would I need sand/cement.

Cheers guys
Needs recalibration throughout.

Hi everyone.

Cheers guys
do u get paid for living in there

You didn't fit the boiler or do the electrics you rself, you paid people to do it but you want to mug off some local plasterer by coming on here asking how you can fix your walls. The answer is get a plasterer to fix it for you

Hi everyone.

Cheers guys
Get them walls tested......They look riddled with covid .

Sooo i pretty much just ignored all your advice and have decided to have at it myself. Knocked off what I could, have just bonded it and will start the skim tomorrow.

The reason I don't want to pay someone is because plasterers charge the earth. Obviously I couldn't fit a boiler or rewire a house myself, but plastering looks easyyy. Most plasterers were thick af in school. Not forking out a tonne of money to a peasant who struggled with his BTECs.

Sooo i pretty much just ignored all your advice and have decided to have at it myself. Knocked off what I could, have just bonded it and will start the skim tomorrow.

The reason I don't want to pay someone is because plasterers charge the earth. Obviously I couldn't fit a boiler or rewire a house myself, but plastering looks easyyy. Most plasterers were thick af in school. Not forking out a tonne of money to a peasant who struggled with his BTECs.
Good move.

Do come back and show us the results

Yes,please come back and put pictures up.my guess is you won't tho you runt

Lol. your so thick your self you got come on here to get advice. Can't beat them join them ha!

And there my friend is your red card from me. Gobshite

Nope. Not a wind up. Came here for genuine advice only for the majority of you braindead halfwits to reply with insults. Like I said, plastering is well known for being the easiest trade so I'm giving it a go myself. It's an old house so whatever my results it'll be an improvement and I would've saved a lot of money by not giving it to a guy called "Steve" or "Dave" with a hairy crack and 3 braincells.