Look whats turned up today!

Members online

Right big reveal = it's wank :lol:

Only kidding.

Used 3 bags this afternoon and it's night and day compared to the current shite.

It's lovely gear to use you can tell this straight away when your whisking a lot creamier.

It trowels on nice too. It's hard to explain but it goes on nice and it doesn't ripple like multi and board. It goes on flat and stays flat which is nice.

1 bonus I saw today was I thought (maybe it was going over a mixture of backgrounds) it sets a bit quicker than multi or board.

I don't think I'm getting over excited just because it's new stuff I've used.

The first thing the apprentice said was f**k me this is nice gear to mix.
And he's still wet behind the ears and knows f**k all.

Initial impressions are very good gear and easy to trowel up.
Would I buy it again and pay the extra? On initial impressions definately.

That's time to change when I get down to bottom of the pallet but things looking good so far

Any questions fire away.

Time you finish . See you monday/ tuesday

Right big reveal = it's wank :lol:

Only kidding.

Used 3 bags this afternoon and it's night and day compared to the current shite.

It's lovely gear to use you can tell this straight away when your whisking a lot creamier.

It trowels on nice too. It's hard to explain but it goes on nice and it doesn't ripple like multi and board. It goes on flat and stays flat which is nice.

1 bonus I saw today was I thought (maybe it was going over a mixture of backgrounds) it sets a bit quicker than multi or board.

I don't think I'm getting over excited just because it's new stuff I've used.

The first thing the apprentice said was f**k me this is nice gear to mix.
And he's still wet behind the ears and knows f**k all.

Initial impressions are very good gear and easy to trowel up.
Would I buy it again and pay the extra? On initial impressions definately.

That's time to change when I get down to bottom of the pallet but things looking good so far

Any questions fire away.

Sounds good to me

setting time sounds like the best thing about this stuff. Cant see why you would pay all that extra it all looks the same once its painted. Currently board and multi are giving me no problems.

setting time sounds like the best thing about this stuff. Cant see why you would pay all that extra it all looks the same once its painted. Currently board and multi are giving me no problems.

i wouldn't consider it if had no problems but im one of the unlucky ones . it's like 1 in every 3 bags is f**k*d

Looks like your set went nice enough today

Actually was a nightmare. Tight coat of bonding to cover artex. 2 coats of board same mix. Was all good until tried to trowel it up then same s**t again. Stripes, dragging etc. Walked away come back 5 mins later its setting. Had to soak with water to finish it. Pisses me off as its happening to more and more and not just to me before a clever dick says its me.

cant see evidence of that in your picture it looks like it troweled nice. not saying your lying like. Either way iv found you have to go off and stop looking at it. let it pull in then hard trowel it with a steel. Keep it simple these flexi trowels are no good.

Actually was a nightmare. Tight coat of bonding to cover artex. 2 coats of board same mix. Was all good until tried to trowel it up then same s**t again. Stripes, dragging etc. Walked away come back 5 mins later its setting. Had to soak with water to finish it. Pisses me off as its happening to more and more and not just to me before a clever dick says its me.
I find mixing the same gear gives stripes and jesus you've got to be quick with board doing it.
If I do you see the same bucket which is rare I give it a quick flatten with the speeds Kim kardashian before I lay the second in works a treat.

I find mixing the same gear gives stripes and jesus you've got to be quick with board doing it.
If I do you see the same bucket which is rare I give it a quick flatten with the speeds Kim kardashian before I lay the second in works a treat.

tbf mate I use same technique near enough every time. Put on n lay down same mix. speeds set up. if doing anything big will do 2 mixes.

That sets quick . Stick three in van I.ll swing by edlo on way home monday. Time you working till

I'll be there all day prob till about half 4 got a right shitter of a HS&L to do

It surprised me a bit the setting as I only had a tiny bit left after first coat to leave in bottom.
Won't get a proper judgement on set times until I've used a fair few bags could have just got lucky with that

cant see evidence of that in your picture it looks like it troweled nice. not saying your lying like. Either way iv found you have to go off and stop looking at it. let it pull in then hard trowel it with a steel. Keep it simple these flexi trowels are no good.

Trowelled horrible mate.I'll always get a finish regardless but it's the extra work to get there that pisses me off. Should be put on lay down flatten, cross done. Not having to go over n over n soak it.

I love using my MT start to finish and always do on regular gauges but anything big you have to be getting on the gear when wet cant wait around for it all to go or will be sweating with a stainless

I'm not surprised your away at 2.. You throw a tight coat of bonding on first then same bucket job.

we all have our methods i guess. work with many spreads we all diff. this is my usualy routine

went to this living room today protected all floors. took peaks of ceiling n pva. got all gear in everything setup pva still wet so went for coffee. come back put coat bonding on ceiling n started scraping walls n used same bonding to fill all the chases n s**t.

Mix bucket of board put ceiling on lay straight down , flatten with speedy.

Pva all the walls ready for tomo

Finish ceiling

come tomo n do all walls n bay window area 2 gauges

all going well home for 1 both days but doesnt always work out

we all have our methods i guess. work with many spreads we all diff. this is my usualy routine

went to this living room today protected all floors. took peaks of ceiling n pva. got all gear in everything setup pva still wet so went for coffee. come back put coat bonding on ceiling n started scraping walls n used same bonding to fill all the chases n s**t.

Mix bucket of board put ceiling on lay straight down , flatten with speedy.

Pva all the walls ready for tomo

Finish ceiling

come tomo n do all walls n bay window area 2 gauges

all going well home for 1 both days but doesnt always work out
Fair play mate.. I was just curious not knocking how you do it as long as it works for you.

Fair play mate.. I was just curious not knocking how you do it as long as it works for you.

I know mate, I like to hear other methods but must say I've seen some slow f**k**s about. I just wanna get it done not f**k about talking drinking tea etc. 2 living rooms this week and a double bedroom have weekend off .

I know mate, I like to hear other methods but must say I've seen some slow f**k**s about. I just wanna get it done not f**k about talking drinking tea etc. 2 living rooms this week and a double bedroom have weekend off .
Happy days mate.. No I'm the same don't stop for dinner most days.
Rendering job for me rest of the week then a few days into next. If the weather stays OK. Nice bit of fresh air

Ut oh look what lurpaks got 3 bags to try this morning

Attachments

• EAF0CDB0-FF1B-4700-892F-34034751C26C.jpeg
    EAF0CDB0-FF1B-4700-892F-34034751C26C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166