listen to this!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

a idiot put a advert in the local paper by mine saying "full rooms reskimmed for 60quid" what a wanke*

HAHA i got questioned why i am so expensive today compaired to him !!!!! they saw the advert after phoning me i quoted them 250 labour they said cam i do it for 80 that was too expensive , hha i sed ring up your man from paper then ring me to fix what he has started .

id ring him up and when he say's its £60...... id say na, thats to expensive and try and knock him down to £40

post the area this local rag is from too so we can atleast pretend we're potential customers, id love to quiz him about his experience and quality and love to see some references, one thing trying to get customers but shafting the fellowtradesmen and undercutting like that is daft

id being willing to drop my price's slightly to keep myself in work and pay the mortage...... but not £60 quid a room

That annoys me but i also think to myself what would i do if i had 3 kids to support and a mortgage in the red etc etc i'm guessing this guy is fairly desperate to reduce his prices to that extreme. It may also be a ploy to get his foot in the door and then whack the price up with extras etc. If we follow in the US footsteps like we have been so far we are in for a rough ride.

what cracks me up is he price's a room at £60...... even if he put £100 a room it would still be cheap. he is a mad man. but u do what u can 2 survive

just tried to find the ad online to end you all the link but its not there but it is defo in the paper in my mums house il get it to morra and let you all know in the mornen what this advanced plastererererers number is and where the ad was ect. ;D

let's just say that he is a decent plasterer and he's dropped his prices so low to food in his kid's mouth and pay the mortgage, why don't you ring him offer him £80 a day but he doesn't advertise anymore and you supply the work, then you advertise at your normal rate and pay him the £80 and you pocket the rest, he's making £20 more and also saving on the advert cost.

That way you keep prices where they should be, get paid for doing nothing except quoting and you also can feel good about yourself for helping out his poor kids. Don't look at it as £250 lost by paying him but as £170 gained as he probably would have got the job anyway if he's charging £60 and your charging £250

If theres anything about him he wouldnt be skimming for sixty notes a day mate kids or not hed be better off shelf stacking, sounds like a Gypo or a pole or summat the tosser

£60......

£450 is the norm for me...... I pay my lab £50 a day.

Times are tough but I wont pick up a trowel for less than £120 a day

Danny

he's prob charging 60 quid labour to skim the room but i reckom he'll be charging 250 for materials . nah seriously wot a w****r

Just got info a couple of days ago that a job we priced for 4500, was under cut by 3500, plus ours was labour only and the other was supply, when we figured it out about the job, it turned out the job price on materials was over 2 grand and so far we have found out that they have had 4 spreads and 2 labourers for 6 days and they are no where near finished. You do the maths plus the work is not up to scratch :eek: why are people doing this????????????????? ??? The work in question was all external and the internal is still up for grabs and just pulled a job off them and found out what there rate internally was put in so went in slightly cheaper hopefully will get it so might be having a punch up soon ;)

if we all hold strong we can get thru this....but idiots like this will feck it up for the rest of us...i have had such troubles myself of late......trying to compete with £2 labour internally.......i've held my price...but question is how long can i survive by doing this...moral dilemure...not long.....im on day rates now...and busting me balls for that without a lab of late so i can compete with these numpties :mad:.........(id ring him up and get him round for a quote,,,,,,and try and have a little chat with him.....£60 silly boy lemon)
and gl bodplasterer lets hope sense prevails here.....

phippsy333 said:
if we all hold strong we can get thru this....but idiots like this will feck it up for the rest of us...i have had such troubles myself of late......trying to compete with £2 labour internally.......i've held my price...but question is how long can i survive by doing this...moral dilemure...not long.....im on day rates now...and busting me balls for that without a lab of late so i can compete with these numpties :mad:.........(id ring him up and get him round for a quote,,,,,,and try and have a little chat with him.....£60 silly boy lemon)
and gl bodplasterer lets hope sense prevails here.....
how about the dumb arses with a pft for £1.30 a metre!

Status
Not open for further replies.