Lime render job coming up in Hertfordshire

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4C

Evening all,

I'm going to be looking for quotes sometime soon for the stripping & re-rendering of a grade II listed house. Current Lime render is patched all over, blown, and crumbling in many places so will need complete stripping & replacement. Floor area is 140m2 over 2 floors, so not the biggest place in the world.

Funds are tight so can anyone give a ballpark idea of what the cost is likely to be (or typical cost per sqm of wall) so that I know whether its even worth getting quotes at this stage or to patch yet again and home it makes it through another winter?

Thanks v much

You will need to post some contact details cos no one will post possible prices on the open forum.

More details...

Email for what? Post pics where you live etc

OK, so the area to be plastered is about 160m2, 90 of this is on brick, 70 on laths. I'm in SG10. Picture can be found here:

Plastering - Moto777 Motorbike Fairings

I hope that gives enough information. As per my first post I'm looking for a rough idea at this stage so I don't waste other people's time if its more than I can afford at the moment. 'course if anyone wants to pop round and give a proper quote you're welcome, just drop me an email.

Thanks

OK, so the area to be plastered is about 160m2, 90 of this is on brick, 70 on laths. I'm in SG10. Picture can be found here:

Plastering - Moto777 Motorbike Fairings

I hope that gives enough information. As per my first post I'm looking for a rough idea at this stage so I don't waste other people's time if its more than I can afford at the moment. 'course if anyone wants to pop round and give a proper quote you're welcome, just drop me an email.

Thanks

Hmm, not sure why the link has come through like that but of you click on "Plastering - Moto777 Motorbike Fairings" it'll take you to the picture...

Is that a binding quote or just an estimate.

Was just trying to let the guy know gently, you know what customers are like they think they're being robbed if you charge a plasterers proper rate ,they're always on a budget,it's not gonna be in the hundreds is it so as long as he knows its gonna cost a few grand ( not literally ) it will give the spread that's gonna do it half a chance, or the very least wont bother wasting people's time getting estimates. Been there too many times.

....the very least wont bother wasting people's time getting estimates. Been there too many times.

Exactly why I put this post up in the first place.

I Know its going to be well into the thousands, the question is just how many thousands!

Can someone please give me a ballpark idea, either overall or a per sq metre? If the quote is reasonable (by which I mean within my current budget) then I'm happy to get the work done as soon as someone has time... if not I'll wait till next year.

Thanks

Originally Posted by superspread Your looking well into the thousands

is that what you say as your dunking a bourbon into your coffee while the customer is standing next to you in anticipation:RpS_w00t:

Check ryedaleplasterers.co.uk website great craftsmen they would be able to give you an exact price hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.