Last 2 days been a nightmare

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyboy

Don't usually use k rend nut customer wanted it , started to spray yesterday but machine didn't seem to be running right but carried on . Got apex down the machine kept cutting out . Put stop beads across apex and sorted out machine ,or so I thought .
got there this morning scrapped down yesterday's spray. Machine set up new worm/ stator filters cleaned everything checked . Same thing happened , the machine was struggling to pump even though the material was very thin . Didn't dare turn the water down any more or I think it would have cut out again. Finally got it done in 3 passes due to thin material .
Our machine is putzmeister mp 25 , so I rung putzmeister up who told me the k rend is a nightmare to put through our machine and he was right !!!!!!!

any one else had same experience with k rend ???

I will have a look tomorrow , I presume it was machine applicable . Do they do a machine and hand applied material

Did 100m of Krend Ft last week by hand , went on a dream, dont think its suitable for machine though, I know a few lads spraying Krend through a Putmeister and they had no probs.

You can only spray e grade k rend no other k rend can go through a pump it has to be spray e grade no matter what machine you use
bloody stuff I hate it all

All krend is now called k1. Their new formula and I have heard its great to spray or hand apply!.

Are u sure cos I hear thay sh1tty silicone ft is still going in fact a guy I am helpin out got 2pallets yesterday. Were chucking it on by hand coz he didn't know we need egrade or k1 to spray.

Rubbish gear ft hand app. No life in it. Dead. It's like trowelling on acrylic bucket coat at 15mm

Hopefully with k1 they learned the error of their ways and sorted it oot

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I had their rep on the phone to me.
They have completely changed the formula using a lot more lime and less cement.

He told me I would think I was using monerex as it's now very similar

K-rend still do the full range of products, FT - E-GRADE and WP. They have just added K1 to the range which can be hand or spray applied.

Remember we have a special offer on the K1 for all members of T.P.F

Hi guys

yes you were correct the K rend we had delivered was not for putting through machine only hand applied. I've been on to our supplier who has offered a £300 sweetener for the extra work and stress . Finished job today and it turned out well considering .
thank you for all your help , 48 years old and still learning lol

Handballed 10 bags of WP on today and it was gash, no fines/binders seemed to be present and it just felt dead. Rich, did the K rend rep tell you it would come in 30 kg bags like Monorex:RpS_biggrin:

k rend have a lot of pr to do, to get renderers back using there products.
as ive said before there backing coats are good hp 12 etc.

I told the fella I thought krend was shite and he agreed promising me it is now a delight to use.
25kg bags I believe mate.

k rend have a lot of pr to do, to get renderers back using there products.
as ive said before there backing coats are good hp 12 etc.

Yeah they've lost a lot of custom due to the hairline cracking. They have been in touch with me offering a couple of free pallets of K1 to trial.
We used to use it all the time, but now use Parex mainly. I'll see what its like- hopefully its good, I do like the 'sparkle' of k-rend.

Yeah they've lost a lot of custom due to the hairline cracking. They have been in touch with me offering a couple of free pallets of K1 to trial.
We used to use it all the time, but now use Parex mainly. I'll see what its like- hopefully its good, I do like the 'sparkle' of k-rend.

A few of them do the glitter effect now. Sas and if u look there is a tiny bit in Parex. Not a gimmick by the way its crushed glass mica a bulker in other words to fill up the back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

A few of them do the glitter effect now. Sas and if u look there is a tiny bit in Parex. Not a gimmick by the way its crushed glass mica a bulker in other words to fill up the back

crushed glass, nice to chomp on your rot and stater :-0

if its more expensive the monorex which they are trying to mimic what's the point of using it?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Are u sure cos I hear thay sh1tty silicone ft is still going in fact a guy I am helpin out got 2pallets yesterday. Were chucking it on by hand coz he didn't know we need egrade or k1 to spray.

Rubbish gear ft hand app. No life in it. Dead. It's like trowelling on acrylic bucket coat at 15mm

Hopefully with k1 they learned the error of their ways and sorted it oot

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App
You have to mix it twice john either in a bell mixer half mixed then in a butt and whisk or get two butts mix one then mix the other then drop back and mix the first always a bit stiffer and let the drill soften it, actually **** that just get parex

Comrend and e grade will go through our diesel machines. The new krend k1 is supposed to be the dogs but haven't tryed it yet.

just used k1 on hp 12 fully meshed primer and 2 passes slight hairline fractures on the surface not hollow 8 degrees temp not impressed with it

just used k1 on hp 12 fully meshed primer and 2 passes slight hairline fractures on the surface not hollow 8 degrees temp not impressed with it

So based on that do you think the sand/aggeragate content that seems to be very high remains a problem ? Something that will not change I suppose as its mined in Ireland - they don't have access to the good stuff from the continent unless they buy in which is not cost effective.

Just a theory of course but if you get only wet sand on your hawk its not a million miles away from FT is it !

No mate. Prob will at some point to see what the score is

ive got some sample bags to have a go with, but a couple of bags and spraying a big panel are a different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.