Labourers wages

Members online

Does anyone remember a hod carrier for a bricklayer? Before my time but I believe a good hod carrier could earn good money back in the day?
when I was labouring they had a plasterers hod - twice the size of a poofy brickies one...it was truly brutal using that thing, climbing ladders with that wedged between your shoulder and chin...I made sure that ladder was well tied off every morning...memories lol

when I was labouring they had a plasterers hod - twice the size of a poofy brickies one...it was truly brutal using that thing, climbing ladders with that wedged between your shoulder and chin...I made sure that ladder was well tied off every morning...memories lol
That's all my old man kept on about when I started for him 20 years ago . Thank god I never used one ☝

That's me 30 years ago..hard times there were in them days I tell tha

Attachments

• wp_ss_20161127_0001.png
    wp_ss_20161127_0001.png
    396.2 KB · Views: 323
I looked after 4 brickies. Good blokes that gave me a percentage of the price. Was earning between £90 and £120 a day back in the late 80s and early 90s.
We always gave the labourer an even split of the price, Building houses on price is worthless without a good labourer, Money talks if you want the best labourer !!

A good labourer is rare. I pay £60 minimum on paye with more the better they are. Bonuses paid and if they can fully manage the Ritmo then an extra £10 on machine days.

Think minimum wage is going to be £7.50ph next April so I will need to review my labour charges for jobs in 2017.

I left my labourer on a job today. I went to an other job on my own. Picked him up at 4. He says to me what did you do today. I said skimmed 3 walls some bonding and beading and put some bondit on. He then said to me if I worked for him he would scak me lol

I left my labourer on a job today. I went to an other job on my own. Picked him up at 4. He says to me what did you do today. I said skimmed 3 walls some bonding and beading and put some bondit on. He then said to me if I worked for him he would scak me lol
At least he's got the right attitude to run a business

At least he's got the right attitude to run a business
Meant it in a joking way just to be clear before someone kicks the front door on me tonight

Mine says to me "dont touch the machine !your only f**k it up " , but tbh his is normally right !:aburrido:

U work with him gibbo?just took it off google images for piss take
No mate i went to college with his son he worked round slough oxford area but he was also the plastering contractor just wernt a plasterer

I'm trying to tell you that you better off hanging on to him, he might just make the cut and be your foreman or no1 man to run jobs
He can't run a car talk about a business. There is are reason he is a labourer lol. But he is good fun. I didn't tell him I was on the phone most of the day sorting jobs and trying to get money in to the bank. And chasing money. I sent him to the shop one day get me some milk give him €20 got no money back lol he said to me that's the last time you will send me to the shop am not f**k**g 6 lol

He can't run a car talk about a business. There is are reason he is a labourer lol. But he is good fun. I didn't tell him I was on the phone most of the day sorting jobs and trying to get money in to the bank. And chasing money. I sent him to the shop one day get me some milk give him €20 got no money back lol he said to me that's the last time you will send me to the shop am not f**k**g 6 lol
Sounds like a character

A
How can you chase money when you don't do feckall
My mate owes me a €5 lol. I do have a lot going on Gibbo. I keep small jobs for myself and if am assed I sometimes do big jobs schools ect and sub them out. I have 2 other business that are not plastering related. Plus I take the piss am a hard worker when I have to be. Having the other stuff taking money in is the reason am able to tell most of the builders to f**k off as I don't need them. But tbh I get on well with the builders i do work for.

A

My mate owes me a €5 lol. I do have a lot going on Gibbo. I keep small jobs for myself and if am assed I sometimes do big jobs schools ect and sub them out. I have 2 other business that are not plastering related. Plus I take the piss am a hard worker when I have to be. Having the other stuff taking money in is the reason am able to tell most of the builders to f**k off as I don't need them. But tbh I get on well with the builders i do work for.
Fair play iam always working my nuts off

lol