labourer rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely when your lad moves on though if you treated him well it can work as a mutually beneficial relationship....ie he doesnt have the same amount of speed so pulls you in to any bigger jobs he gets he gets paid and so do you....in a way you get a rival but in another sense you get a good connection who you know does a good job as you taught him

In my eyes for 60 a day they need to be able to do more than mixed. From what I have read on here spread are earning 120 a day so I'm assuming there skimming a small room out for that. So surely 60 Is way too much or 120 is way too low?
You probably best to approach a college near you and ask for a few names of first year dudes maybe ?

I'll tell you exactly how it works been here many times before...

You get a 16 yr old as an apprentice they go to college 1 day a week you only have to pay minimum wage for days works etc...

First 6 months you do bit more on some jobs/get done quicker then onto next job quicker...other jobs say a 1 day job regardless

For that period just about evens/ maybe profitable...

Then 6mnth to 12 month start basic trowel work...slows you down to correct work some jobs others you pinch a few extra days/ jobs in...

For this period about the same break even...

12 month - 2 yrs hopefully by now there doing quite a bit and making your life much easier and start covering there wages but also there age as gone up and by law there minimum wage as etc...

This is the best period of the arrangement IMO where you earn off them...

Next period there world beaters in there mind and want to much dough;

At this point relationship breaks down they move on and you have to start the cycle all over again!!!
We have had that happen twice zombie..cnt c us training any1 again now..there dog s**t and as soon as there put a bag on by themselves there want £100+a day..we told them aswell b4 there started look listen to wat we say ull be earning s**t money for at least 3-4 years then after that u can do wat u want problem is there like or ye sound and a year down Line there think there best spreads in town

In my eyes for 60 a day they need to be able to do more than mixed. From what I have read on here spread are earning 120 a day so I'm assuming there skimming a small room out for that. So surely 60 Is way too much or 120 is way too low?
4 £60 a day cash I expect them to mix,bead and scrim and be a top notch cleaner..if just mixing and being a dogs body £40 cash in hand is plenty

4 £60 a day cash I expect them to mix,bead and scrim and be a top notch cleaner..if just mixing and being a dogs body £40 cash in hand is plenty

I wouldn't let a labourrer anywhere near beads. Beads have to be set right and lavourers will just fcuk them up. All laborers are good for is mixing, cleaning up and going to the shop IMO

I wouldn't let a labourrer anywhere near beads. Beads have to be set right and lavourers will just fcuk them up. All laborers are good for is mixing, cleaning up and going to the shop IMO
I'm same I don't even let labourers scrim! Was just trying to put it into perspective wat u shud get for £60..tbh id never pay a labourer £60 cash that like £70 odd in the real world if was paying tax labourers ain't worth that in my opinion

I'm same I don't even let labourers scrim! Was just trying to put it into perspective wat u shud get for £60..tbh id never pay a labourer £60 cash that like £70 odd in the real world if was paying tax labourers ain't worth that in my opinion

Your right.

It's a difficult one ... I think a good labourer is worth 60 if he can skim at least one wall as well as everything else you need him to do. A lad who can mix and clean load the van is 30 - 40 quid in my eyes.

Your right.

It's a difficult one ... I think a good labourer is worth 60 if he can skim at least one wall as well as everything else you need him to do. A lad who can mix and clean load the van is 30 - 40 quid in my eyes.
Ye id pay £60 if there cud put a bag or so on and be a top notch cleaner and mixer..like hail hail said dnt think id ever trust a labourer to bead up

Christ, £30 a day. Good luck with that. £3.75 an hour. That's cash in hand too I'd guess. The "living wage" is upwards of £7 an hour.
The type that work for that money spend it getting pissed and don't turn in the day after.

Christ, £30 a day. Good luck with that. £3.75 an hour. That's cash in hand too I'd guess. The "living wage" is upwards of £7 an hour.
The type that work for that money spend it getting pissed and don't turn in the day after.

Can't disagree ... so it's either do the job on my own or take drop in wage to have a lad help out. I can't charge anymore, I charge through the nose as it is.

Can't disagree ... so it's either do the job on my own or take drop in wage to have a lad help out. I can't charge anymore, I charge through the nose as it is.
Are u domestic or site? Surely u wudnt need a labourer for domestic? If I was domestic id work by myself only

Are u domestic or site? Surely u wudnt need a labourer for domestic? If I was domestic id work by myself only

Yes plus small builders plus couple of big builders. So bit more than just a bit of domestic skimming. I can plod on but would be nice have a little joey wiping my arse.

Yes plus small builders plus couple of big builders. So bit more than just a bit of domestic skimming. I can plod on but would be nice have a little joey wiping my arse.
If it small/bigger builders just put £60 onto quote for labourer..still got to be paid at end of day..we used to put £80 on for young lads never got questioned about it

If it small/bigger builders just put £60 onto quote for labourer..still got to be paid at end of day..we used to put £80 on for young lads never got questioned about it

I get that mate. But even on my own I charge for every man and his dog I can't go anymore in my area. So in a sense it would be a drop in wage for me, but if i charged what most do then I could add extra on for help. If that makes sense.

I get that mate. But even on my own I charge for every man and his dog I can't go anymore in my area. So in a sense it would be a drop in wage for me, but if i charged what most do then I could add extra on for help. If that makes sense.
Ye charge abit less then put ur wage thru with the labourers cream £20 off the labourers then ur getting a labourer for nowt and uve got sum1 to wipe ur shitter! Every1s a winner

I used to think a decent labourer was worth good 60-70 quid an I still do to some extent but found that sometimes I was getting priced out of few jobs an it was unfair off me to pick and choose wat days to bring him in so got him flattening walls an throwing on an leave him alone skimming now. Got to keep an eye on him on other stuff but got say best thing ever did. Throws on an cleans up. In pub by 2 now. [emoji481]

A labourer makes a big difference on domestics. saves you atleast half an hour in the morning setting up, letting you get stuff on sooner, then saves you another good half hour at the end of the day. I don't have one every day but any decent sized room, a flat on first floor or above or if its a bit of a trek to the van i'll bring one in

A labourer makes a big difference on domestics. saves you atleast half an hour in the morning setting up, letting you get stuff on sooner, then saves you another good half hour at the end of the day. I don't have one every day but any decent sized room, a flat on first floor or above or if its a bit of a trek to the van i'll bring one in

Labourers are a funny one.
There worth can be heavily underrated by employers sometimes but on the same hand the labourer can over value themselves aswell.

It's swings and roundabouts.
Sometimes there needed more than others and sometimes you need them todo a little others they can have a harder day than you.
I'm talking all types of labourers aswell not just spread ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on a job at the moment for network rail renovating a station and there are about 10 labourers on it hacking off old render in front of us, they're on £50 a day plus travel, The main contractor told us to use them if we needed so we've been shouting them over every now and again for a hand. f**k me, not a brain between the 10 of them. 1 said he could mix us a batch so I let him go for it to see the damage, what a mess mixing area was like a swamp, I had other lads over lifting buckets of cement up the scaffold lifts, the stuff was going everywhere, I can't speak for all but these c**ts aren't worthy of 50 notes a day.

I'm on a job at the moment for network rail renovating a station and there are about 10 labourers on it hacking off old render in front of us, they're on £50 a day plus travel, The main contractor told us to use them if we needed so we've been shouting them over every now and again for a hand. f**k me, not a brain between the 10 of them. 1 said he could mix us a batch so I let him go for it to see the damage, what a mess mixing area was like a swamp, I had other lads over lifting buckets of cement up the scaffold lifts, the stuff was going everywhere, I can't speak for all but these c**ts aren't worthy of 50 notes a day.

Pay with jelly beans get children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on how good they are rates between 20 regal kingsize and a mars bar a day up to £10.75 hr gross for the best ones that learned quick and are reliable and make me a few bob, only met a few over 25+ years at it on my own , with skills that can do a good quality fast clean job for or with you !
I do a lot of domestics, external dashing and other stuff where a labourer or 2 are an important tool to get it done right and fast. But most are 2 a penny and break after 3 - 6 months .

Going by skimming rates on here U would be skimming 10 boards a day to pay a labourer 60 a day.

Going by skimming rates on here U would be skimming 10 boards a day to pay a labourer 60 a day.
Wudnt just have a labourer int worth it unless ur rendering or house bashing..dead money other wise..young lads are best where u can teach them to throw at least a bag on so there making at least abit of cash like in small cupboards or under stairs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.